Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offline_MarsBars_
Punkin' Shroomer

Loc: Norway
Is it safe for me to trip?
    #1339099 - 02/27/03 01:12 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I took MG seeds once and the trip was all good and fun... untill we (I was the only one tripping) got into a little hut, from then on it went insane! I felt like people around me were all looking at me, hinting and whispering things to eachother about "my insanity", for some reason I couldnt comprehend anything. It was awfull! Intense is the best describing word. After a few trips I feel like I've become what chinacat calls "Acid Casualtie". I feel like my mind is more open and even more inteligant, I feel like my lifestyle is beautiful in a way and I'm happy that I've found what makes me happy. Its not so much the tripping that is the lifestyle, more the "spiritual awareness", shrooms are the key to "that world" (max once a month) and when I come back I treasure the things learned. Also I've lost the feeling of importance to things I used to think was important. There is a thing thats bothering me though, somehow I've gotten to the understanding that there is a rumor going around about me being insane... I pick it up, if not I must be REALLY paranoid and its gotten to the point where people are secretly laughing at me, from what I'm getting. But I have no idea what it is, I'm myself just like everyone is theirself, I dont talk with myself, shift personalities, I dont behave strange... I'm a bit absent minded and I'm not SO socially active (mostly BECAUSE of my situation), but I worry, am I crazy without my knowing? Is it safe for me to trip?  Basically I'm really sure that I'm sane but when people around you think something else about your mental health its gotta make you react.  I get pretty bad anxiety and paranoia problems from weed, should I keep away from shrooms :confused: 

--------------------
Dont take drugs to get fucked up, take psychedelics to learn...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: Is it safe for me to trip? [Re: _MarsBars_]
    #1339120 - 02/27/03 01:27 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I reckon it would be good to stay away from it for a little while. In my experience if you're not sure it's a good time to trip - it's probably best not to. Wait till you are sure.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1339162 - 02/27/03 02:39 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You're not crazy, maybe some of your friends can't accept the fact that you might be a little farther down the path than they are. Never let others get you down, they don't understand what you have, and its a waste of time and energy for you. And losing interest in things you "thought" were important is good, because it opens up new opportunities and before you know it, you'll be interested in new and better things. Maybe now is a good time to buy a couple good spirituality books and do some reading before you trip again.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Offline_MarsBars_
Punkin' Shroomer

Re: Is it safe for me to trip? [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1339188 - 02/27/03 03:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks alot! I'm currently reading The Celestine Prophecy, I really reccomend that book to everyone... really makes ya think... and I'm going to pick up a book about Zen Budhism or anything prophetical. But I will take it into consideration to not eat anything before I'm sure or at least when I stop thinking about it.
Does paranoia or something like that have any colliding effect with tripping?

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1339297 - 02/27/03 04:45 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Sometimes if you just take an extented break from shrooms the problem will fix itself. Even if you only take shrooms once a month, that still might be more then your mind is comfortable with.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1339557 - 02/27/03 07:01 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

wel, yr prolly not nutso...
yr "friends" may be bent outa shape 'cause they know you've been tripping & just aren't comfortable with the fact (& they just may not have fully recovered from their d.a.r.e. classes progrmming :wink: ...)
weed mos def can make some folks 'noid right out...
and tripping more than every few weeks can sizzle some folks' brains (sorta, temporarily, occasionally, usually, whatever...)
some times people find that taking a few hundred mg of niacinaminde can help them maintain "ground state" more easily (maybe by increasing the amount of MAO enzyme, or something like that...)("doc, the voices are much quieter now, and i don't feel the need to do what they tell me..." :wink: ...)
& remember, ya don't hafta try to cram 250 trips in before ya turn 21... ya gotta pace yrself, like a fine racehorse (*)... if yr in it for the long haul, know whatta mean? (gnrmi takes off shoes & socks in futile attempt to count up to 20, in equally futile attempt to count up number of trips since, what(?) 1970s/early college year(s)...)
zzzzzz....
(*) or else you'll end up pissing yourself like a fine racehorse...
~
~
ymmv
~
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Edited by gnrm23 (02/27/03 07:55 AM)

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
    #1339850 - 02/27/03 09:18 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

dude, you just dont see the world through the egomaniacal self-centered blinded view that your friends see it through. your friends are paranoid. they feel insecure, and so they gotta talk shit about you. forget them. dont think two thoughts about them. not even one. not even half of one. just let it go. your not paranoid. they are :-)

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

Offline_MarsBars_
Punkin' Shroomer

Re: Is it safe for me to trip? [Re: SnuffelzFurever]
    #1341545 - 02/27/03 09:55 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Just yesterday I ended up sitting alone in my room with one of the guys that are the worst when it comes to this... we ended up sitting alone with eavhother (I think a bit uncomfortable for him) and I started talking coming up with basic conversation just to melt the ice so that maybe there's a chance we could get on the friendly side with eachother...
All of a sudden he brought up shrooms, he was like "tell me, how was shrooming?" I said, "Its an experience, I cant explain it, you gotta try it to understand... I cant put it into words", then he said, "I dont know if I would try that shit, I'm afraid it could make me crazy" looking at me with this semi-confident annoying half assed arrogant smile like its directed at me (against me), I just said, "Its up to you, your confidence, set and setting... you make your own trip" and then he said, "thats the thing, I wont be able to stop thinking about the risk of me becoming insane while I'm tripping", I said, "so then you shouldnt trip" I just felt that the whole thing was directed at me. I dunno... it pisses me off. When I smoke alot of heavy hash I get the shakes, a bit anxiety and just kind off nod off every now and then, then I catch him looking happy smiling looking at me. Seriously, I might sound crazy saying this but I feel like stuffing a pound of Datura down his throat.

--------------------

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

#1341614 - 02/27/03 10:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

What a fuckwit. I would lose him as a friend. No friend is he. Just because you have had one bad trip doesn't mean you are crazy. I know a lot about mental illness (from study/work) and I reckon it would help a lot if you read a bit about it. Read about schizophrenia, mood disorders and anxiety disorders (most of the disorders fall into those categories). Crazy refers mostly to schizophrenia so read that one for sure -  and then you will know you are not crazy.  :smile:

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Offline_MarsBars_
Punkin' Shroomer

Re: Is it safe for me to trip? [Re: enotake2]
    #1341641 - 02/27/03 10:50 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

He's not a friend, he's a friend of a friend and it just happened that he came over. I am planning on reading about psychology, it actually really interests me I found a book about psychology that my mom read years ago... I'm gonna read about it for personal interest.

A thought that hit me in class right now, who the fuck laughs at or wants to fuck around with a crazy person anyway? What kind of fucked up thing is that? You must be really fucked up to try to bring a crazy person down... does anybody agree with me on this? Seriously. In a way I think that him (and the other jackasses) are doing it for fun, trying to play a game on me or something. I dunno.

--------------------

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

#1341679 - 02/27/03 11:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, most people's criticisms are really about them! If they criticise other people for something, often they feel insecure about that thing and putting someone else down over it makes them feel good in comparison.

--------------------

OfflineCrayzzieShroomz
the MilkMAnne...

#1342882 - 02/28/03 01:20 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

To tell you the truth I had the same shit happen to me..just not as heavy as your issue.  I got all shroomed out and could literally see people whispering right in front of my face.  I realized later that I was just imagining that shit so don't worry.  Make sure you shroom with a fun and safe person.  Not some little bastard that would mess up your trip.  I get almost the same thing when I trip so you're not crazy.  Its aaaaaallllll good!!! :grin: 

--------------------
You live and You SHROOM......

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience