Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Researchers: OZZY OSBOURNE Six Times More Likely Than Average Person To Get Hooked On Booze
    #13387820 - 10/26/10 12:53 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Researchers: OZZY OSBOURNE Six Times More Likely Than Average Person To Get Hooked On Booze
October 25, 2010 - blabbermouth.net

This morning's edition of the Fox News morning news program "Fox & Friends" featured an interview with Nathan Pearson, the director of research at Knome, a Cambridge, Massachusetts company that has just finished analyzing Ozzy Osbourne's blood and DNA in hopes that it would give them insight into how drugs are absorbed in the body, and why some people can survive extreme substance abuse while others can't. You can now watch the segment below.

The results reportedly showed Ozzy was 6.13 times more likely than the average person to get hooked on booze and 1.31 times more prone to cocaine addiction. Doctors also found a twist in a gene that means Ozzy can soak up more alcohol than most. In addition, Ozzy, 61, was told by the researchers studying his DNA that he is the descendant of a Neanderthal man.

Commented Ozzy: "That won't come as much of a surprise to the missus, or various police departments around the world. This is big news for blokes everywhere, if the Neanderthals could get laid, there's hope for us all."

He also joked about sharing DNA with the Vesuvius victims.

"If any of the Roman Osbournes drank nearly as much as I used to, they wouldn't have even felt the lava. They could have just walked it off," he said.

The testing reportedly cost around $40,000.

Although he's sober now, Ozzy estimates that he took drugs and used alcohol for more than 40 years, according to Rolling Stone.

He also survived a 2003 bike accident in which he broke his neck and was diagnosed a few years back with a genetic disorder that is similar to Parkinson's Disease.

Ozzy recently started a new gig as a health columnist for England's Sunday Times. In the first installment of the column — which is being largely ghostwritten by his memoir co-writer, Chris Ayres — Ozzy admitted, "By all accounts, I'm a medical miracle. When I die, I should donate my body to the Natural History Museum."

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male

Re: Researchers: OZZY OSBOURNE Six Times More Likely Than Average Person To Get Hooked On Booze [Re: veggie] * 1
    #13387906 - 10/26/10 01:13 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Commented Ozzy: "That won't come as much of a surprise to the missus, or various police departments around the world. This is big news for blokes everywhere, if the Neanderthals could get laid, there's hope for us all."

Fucking awesome :lol:

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2021

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Researchers: OZZY OSBOURNE Six Times More Likely Than Average Person To Get Hooked On Booze [Re: veggie]
    #13387925 - 10/26/10 01:17 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

They should do one of those things on Keith Richards, along with a core sample to find out how old he really is.

Edited by Le_Canard (10/26/10 01:30 AM)

Invisible5-HT2A

Re: Researchers: OZZY OSBOURNE Six Times More Likely Than Average Person To Get Hooked On Booze [Re: veggie]
    #13387975 - 10/26/10 01:28 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Hallucinations while smoking pot?

InvisibleveggieM

Re: Researchers: OZZY OSBOURNE Six Times More Likely Than Average Person To Get Hooked On Booze [Re: Le_Canard]
    #13388115 - 10/26/10 01:53 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

core sample

Too funny! :rofl2:

OfflineMycjunky
Stranger

#13388546 - 10/26/10 04:16 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Ozzy is fucking awesome.

Offlineauronlives69
psychedelic monk
Male User Gallery

Re: Researchers: OZZY OSBOURNE Six Times More Likely Than Average Person To Get Hooked On Booze [Re: Mycjunky]
    #13389371 - 10/26/10 11:41 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

so ozzies like a super-being immune to drugs and  bike crashes, i wanna see ozzy in an x-men movie!

--------------------

The past is dead. It was all just a dream...

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #13389402 - 10/26/10 11:48 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
In addition, Ozzy, 61, was told by the researchers studying his DNA that he is the descendant of a Neanderthal man.

What a load of crap. Fox News never fails to make me :picard:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

Loc: State of Jefferson
Re: Researchers: OZZY OSBOURNE Six Times More Likely Than Average Person To Get Hooked On Booze [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13390962 - 10/26/10 05:48 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

He also survived a 2003 bike accident in which he broke his neck and was diagnosed a few years back with a genetic disorder that is similar to Parkinson's Disease.

Wow never heard that, but it sure explains a lot. I just figured it was all the alcohol and the detoxing has taking many years.

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Quote:

veggie said:
In addition, Ozzy, 61, was told by the researchers studying his DNA that he is the descendant of a Neanderthal man.

http://news.discovery.com/human/neanderthal-human-interbreed-dna.html
Not everything on fox is a lie.
:shrug:

InvisibleToe_Jam
Bluefoot Bandit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around some corner... Flag
Re: Researchers: OZZY OSBOURNE Six Times More Likely Than Average Person To Get Hooked On Booze [Re: 4runner]
    #13391087 - 10/26/10 06:14 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

DEVIL MAN! OZZY IS A DEVIL MAN! I KNEW IT!!!! FUCKING ROCK ON

--------------------
God lay his finger at the Mouth of the Serpent

March 1984

A pleasing land of drowsy head it was,
Of dreams that wave before the half-shut eye,
And of gay castles in the clouds that pass,
For ever flushing round a summer sky. -Castle of Indolence

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: Researchers: OZZY OSBOURNE Six Times More Likely Than Average Person To Get Hooked On Booze [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13391136 - 10/26/10 06:25 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Quote:

veggie said:

How do you figure that's a load of crap? :confused:

--------------------

OfflineMycjunky
Stranger

Re: Researchers: OZZY OSBOURNE Six Times More Likely Than Average Person To Get Hooked On Booze [Re: muistrue]
    #13391727 - 10/26/10 08:47 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Quote:

veggie said:

How do you figure that's a load of crap? :confused:

I gotta admit that makes no sense. That statement should be true for every single living person on the planet.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #13392294 - 10/26/10 10:36 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
core sample

Too funny! :rofl2:

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Researchers: OZZY OSBOURNE Six Times More Likely Than Average Person To Get Hooked On Booze [Re: Mycjunky]
    #13392315 - 10/26/10 10:40 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

It's a load of crap because they act like Ozzy Osbourne is so badass and special with his neanderthal DNA, when the majority of the human population has neanderthal ancestry...

The whole article is nonsense, perfectly representative of everything that's wrong with science reporting on many networks but Fox especially: the reduction of scientific breakthroughs to nibble-sized factoids designed to entertain but never, heaven forbid, to inform.

You see it in any article about psychedelic research as well: the ratio of actual information to cheap potshots at a dead man (Timothy Leary) and dorky 60's references is something on the order of 1:5, and I'm being VERY generous with that estimate.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Tchan909 (10/26/10 11:12 PM)

OfflineMycjunky
Stranger

#13392820 - 10/27/10 12:21 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Yea I agree they are making a big deal out of nothing. There's plenty of people who aren't famous that have done way more drugs it's really nothing special. Still love Ozzy's music though.

Free sVs!
Female

#13393784 - 10/27/10 05:09 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, so Bill O'Reilly will go and call potheads dopes and pinheads and advocate against prop 19, then their morning segment goes and glorifies drug abuse and alcoholism by associating them with celebrity and general neanderthal-like hardcore masculinity. Honestly, it makes my blood boil just thinking about it.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order