Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAuradefect
MisanthropeExtraordinaire

trying someone new... well as far as i know
    #1338224 - 02/26/03 04:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i have 2 cakes that have problems
1) one cake is way too wet and took over 2 months to colonize but it looks very unhealthy and watered down
2) one cake have blue parts on it and im not sure if its contam or bruising. i dont know how it would get bruised inside the jar without me handling it.

so i figure i have 3 options:
1) throw both out
2) try and grow it with the others risking contam
3) contruct 2 mini chambers for them to grow in

heres what i did:
Container 1:
supplies: 2 liter of soda, lid to 50pack cdr tube, knife
cut the 2 liter in half. use the end you drink out of. put the cake in so its resting on the hole. place the cdr tube over the top. cut a small hole in the bottom of the 2liter near where you would normally drink from. I think small containers like this should provide their own humidity and at the same time release gas/bring in fresh air through the bottom hole.

Container2:
supplies: two 1/2pint jars, duct tape  :grin:
well with the other cake i simply took it and put it in a 1/2 jar, put another jar on top and duct tape them together leaving an area on top for light to get in. this should also provide its own humidity but wont let any gas out.

im not sure if these will work but i dont feel like throwing these cakes out so im gonna see if i get lucky.. anyone wanna take any bets or give a lil advice to maybe help these work better?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: trying someone new... well as far as i know [Re: Auradefect]
    #1338242 - 02/26/03 04:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

dude what is that in the picture, and anyways yeah what you did is good, sept id take apart the mini tarium 3-5 times a day, for air.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineAuradefect

Re: trying someone new... well as far as i know [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1338250 - 02/26/03 04:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the picture is of container 1.. lol

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
    #1338261 - 02/26/03 04:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the cake could be bruising from a heat shock,

i have seen that happen before, just dunk it for 24 hrs and put it in the terrarium,

also, a good mini terrarium is a simple ice cream bucket wth wet perlite on the bottom and a hole with poly fill in the side...

give it a shot

-outdoorhaze-

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

OfflineAuradefect

Re: trying someone new... well as far as i know [Re: ODhaze]
    #1338613 - 02/26/03 07:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT THE TEMPERATURE THING!

i checked my heater and the knob has been turned.. stuck in a digital thermeter and its was 90F in my incubator!!!

i checked out all my other cakes again and now the majority of them have blue sports as well and they are all dried out like crazy.. ive lowered it to 80F. hopefully they will pull through  :crazy:

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
    #1340198 - 02/27/03 10:59 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

dunk them in cold water for 12-24 hours before putting them in the terrarium (depending on how dry you think they are).....

or

put a little wet verm on the top or figure out some way to re-hydrate those cakes!

also!!! Your incubator should be at about 83- 86 , 86 is best.

And dont forget to bring the temperature down to about 74-76 F for the fruiting phase. Lower temps are better, actually....as a rule of thumb...... its always better to be too cold than too hot just remember that.

good luck though,

-outdoorhaze-

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

Edited by ODhaze (02/27/03 11:03 AM)

Offlineiamproto
Stranger
Re: trying someone new... well as far as i know [Re: ODhaze]
    #1341294 - 02/27/03 07:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have spent the last 20 minutes looking for a great link for re-hydrating. I think they took fanaticus' page off the net because my browser wont access it right now and it had jk's tek on there. It talked about after the mycelium covered the cake, to take a sharpie pen (or any large pen) and sterilize it with alcohol and then press it through the center of your cake and fill it up with vermiculite. Then immediately birth the cake and take a syringe and inject 10cc's per half pint cake (double for pint cakes I am assuming). This should help keep mositure in the cakes. Good luck with your cakes and keep shroom'n.

-Proto

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation