Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBavet
Sensitive StonedRebel

TAZ colonized manure compost
    #1337661 - 02/26/03 10:45 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

George has Taz Mycelium getting close to 100% of colonizing his cow manure/compost. He'd like to get some feedback of what to do next.
Fruit it as is?
Case it? If He cases it dose he wait a few more days before fruiting it?
Is there a difference in the humidity He should keep if its cased or uncased?

George will appreciate the help I find him on the shroomery.

--------------------
"~Dream as if you'll live forever....live as if you'll die today~ James Dean"

Edited by Bavet (02/26/03 11:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: TAZ colonized manure compost [Re: Bavet]
    #1337683 - 02/26/03 10:49 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

How should I prepare the casing layer?
The casing ingredients should be mixed in a bowl, then the water should be added. The correct water amount is reached, when you take a handful of the casing mix and squeeze it in your hand, not too hard, a few drops of water should come out of it. That?s the correct moisture.
A pasteurization can be achieved by filling the moist material into a suitable microwave container with a cover and microwaved for 10 minutes at high and stirring it a few times during the microwaving to achieve an uniform heat distribution.
A sterilization can be done in a pressure cooker by filling the substrate into autoclavable bags or jars and pressure cooking it for 1 hour.
Contrary to popular belief P. cubensis doesn?t need microorganisms in the casing for the mycelium to pin, so sterilization can be used where contamination issues are a problem.
After the casing material has cooled down to room temperature it can be applied to the substrate.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineBavet
Sensitive StonedRebel

Re: TAZ colonized manure compost [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1337728 - 02/26/03 11:05 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Uhh what dose that have to do with what I asked?

The cow manure compost is pretty moist the way it is right now.

--------------------
"~Dream as if you'll live forever....live as if you'll die today~ James Dean"

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: TAZ colonized manure compost [Re: Bavet]
    #1337809 - 02/26/03 11:44 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

noneed to case until second flush...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate