Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineislanduniverse
Male

looping / mushrooms
    #13368557 - 10/21/10 08:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i'm curious to hear about your experiences of looping during a mushroom journey

fun / terrifying ?

clear / confusing ?

etc....

i've never experienced such an odd state of mind of living through death and rebirth.

the cycle repeats for a countless number of times, but you can only vaguely recall it's happened previously. almost as if everything in your vision is flattened to a surface and you're watching this screen while fading out of one consciousness, escaping one life and being born into the next.

thinking back, i wonder what the blinking of my eyes looked like while under the influence. does that ever happen to be a factor for anyone? hmm

also, i wrote (somewhat) lengthy report about it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinea2theDawG

Loc: 2 Da Brain
Re: looping / mushrooms [Re: islanduniverse]
    #13368648 - 10/21/10 08:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

it sucks really bad

InvisibleAustrip
P. Sub
Male
Re: looping / mushrooms [Re: a2theDawG]
    #13368671 - 10/21/10 09:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It's fun, terrifying, clear, confusing, life changing, and heart stopping all at the same time.

Something bad can still have a little bit of good in it,
something good can still have a little bit of bad in it.

--------------------

OfflineDeeGee
Insert Title Here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sunny Southern California Flag
Re: looping / mushrooms [Re: Austrip]
    #13369269 - 10/21/10 11:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Looping is what I consider a bad trip.

I would consider it fun, terrifying, clear, confusing, life changing, and heart stopping all at the same time. Very little bits of good.

Rebirth is a good description. I found it to be like.... this is what life is. A never ending loop. I lived a thousand lifetimes. Each one sucked though of course, because it turns out there is no point to life. I was pretty fearful. I wasn't sure how I was living, or what I had to do to stay alive. I knew the mushrooms did it to me, but had no idea how long it would last, or what exactly was happening. It was kinda like that's just how life is.... a never ending confusing loop. What sucked was as soon as I finally accepted it the loop would start again and I'd be like what the fuck just happened. Absolutely no long term memory.

A good way of describing it immediately afterwards before I was able to gather my thoughts was that I was mentally retarded.

--------------------
DG
:plur:

Edited by DeeGee (10/21/10 11:14 PM)

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: looping / mushrooms [Re: DeeGee]
    #13369451 - 10/22/10 12:00 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The first looping experience I had on mushrooms came after smoking some weed while tripping... it was uncomfortable, a bit scary, and involved visual and auditory looping.  But it wasn't nearly as intense or frightening as the loops I had on salvia.

After learning more about how to handle negative experiences on psychedelics,I encountered the looping / repeating phenomena again while on mushrooms. I saw it as an opportunity to use my knowledge and try to abort it ..  I recognized the loop pattern as soon as it began and took steps to alter my environment and mindset by changing the music, turning on the lights, and relaxing. 

I focused on the thought that it was just a loop and would not last very long. Focusing myself to calm my mind and ride along with it helped almost immediately and the looping ended soon after.

.. To answer the question, the looping for me was more of a uncomfortable sense of dejavu like I had been there before and wasn't happy to be back. A small aspect of I was experiencing on mushrooms resembled something about salvia which made me nervous/panicky and began the looping.  I felt only a small ammount of the fear I had during the salvia trip but soon realized the mushroom looping was not nearly as forceful or frightening as salvia which was some comfort in the midst of it all.

--------------------
Older and wiser, but not old and not wise.

Offlinesurferdude66066
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: looping / mushrooms [Re: sacred_mushroom]
    #13369604 - 10/22/10 12:55 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Has anybody seen the movie Being John Malcovich? You know the part where he goes into his own head and everybody looks like him and is saying "Malkovich"...I saw that on acid and it totally reminded me of a thought loop.

Offlineand yet it moves
Freeform
 User Gallery

Loc: poORtland by way of en ja... Flag
    #13369707 - 10/22/10 01:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DeeGee said:

A good way of describing it immediately afterwards before I was able to gather my thoughts was that I was mentally retarded.

yup.
the trip started well, but when i first started to lose my mind, my friend wrote "tripping" on my arm, so if i ever forget what was happening i would realize "oh yeah, i'm just tripping." However, my friend did not consider the fact that after tripping like a MOTHERFUCKER, i had completely lost the ability to process meaning, and as such had forgotten what the word "tripping" meant.

ABBOT & COSTELLO in WHO's ON DRUGS??

ME:What's happening?
FRIEND: you're tripping.
ME: What's tripping?
FRIEND: you are.

repeat ad nauseam.
in addition to forgetting meaning, i also forgot myself.... someone hit "reset" and i was lying in my bed, and my sense of who "I" was suddenly had no meaning, was blank.. i didn't have a name, and kind of figured that was something important to have... same thing with a home, parents, childhood; these are fairly universal things that i realized i could not remember at all, just a blank identity,... as i began to remember where i was, my friend turned into the Chesire Cat, and my vision went into full-on cartoon mode. but i still didn't know what "Tripping" was, and kept asking my friend, over and over.. Eventually a sober friend came over, and we all mellowed out with some bud.... demented experience overall, after that i abstained from all psychedelics for 2 years, and ever since i gained the utmost respect for the power that hallucinogens can wield

Invisiblemonkiman
human being

Loc: somewhere in space time.
Re: looping / mushrooms [Re: surferdude66066]
    #13369727 - 10/22/10 01:58 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

the last time i ate mushrooms i heard an audio loop saying" Wednesday legs", it made me feel very uncomfortable, then i had a feeling that i had when i was young,it was never unbearable and only lasted a few seconds.this feeling was like i was stuck in slow motion and i hear my thoughts like you would when you slow talking down on a audio track, i experienced this before i had taken any drugs(other than ritalin as a kid,which yes is really bad), i also had forgotten about this feeling for so many years.
the funny thing is i changed the direction of the trip soon after all of this happened and had a pleasant time afterward although i did not forget what had happened.
this episode has not put me off taking mushrooms, it feels like all that stuff needs to come up so that it can be dealt with.
i have been thinking about this today as i am planning to trip tommorrow night,i am still finding my "psychedelic feet" so to speak and i think that my ego, or something is having a hard time letting go.
its interesting that many people have this feeling of forgetting all meaning and the confusion that follows, any thoughts?

--------------------

OfflineSummerDaisies
Out of Retirement
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High Or at...
Re: looping / mushrooms [Re: a2theDawG]
    #13369794 - 10/22/10 02:41 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

a2theDawG said:
it sucks really bad

THIS^^

it gets pretty scary actually

the first time i ate mushrooms it happened to me and it scared the shit out of me. I will never forget thinking "i am so fucked up, i didn't know i could get this fucked up..." over and over and over for what felt like hours.

--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

Invisiblemonkiman
human being

Re: looping / mushrooms [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #13369815 - 10/22/10 02:50 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i wonder if there is a poll on if these experiences make people not want to use mushrooms again?

--------------------

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: looping / mushrooms [Re: monkiman]
    #13370448 - 10/22/10 09:29 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

monkiman said:
i wonder if there is a poll on if these experiences make people not want to use mushrooms again?

This thread is "Sticky-ed" at the top of this forum...
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10331418

Invisiblemonkiman
human being

Re: looping / mushrooms [Re: dwpineal]
    #13371544 - 10/22/10 01:47 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

thanks, i will check that out.

--------------------

OfflineDeeGee
Insert Title Here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sunny Southern California Flag
    #13372097 - 10/22/10 03:49 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It made me not want to take over 5gs at night time, that's for sure.

@ sacred mushroom - I could only get rid of it on lower trips where I was cognizant enough to realize I was looping instead of thrown into utter confusion.

--------------------
DG
:plur:

OfflineSummerDaisies
Out of Retirement
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High Or at...
    #13372124 - 10/22/10 03:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

when you are looping on 5g+ its terrible cause you are so confused and cannot break the loop untill something big outside your loop happens

--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #13372221 - 10/22/10 04:17 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DeeGee said:

@ sacred mushroom - I could only get rid of it on lower trips where I was cognizant enough to realize I was looping instead of thrown into utter confusion.

I totally hear that.. I meant to include in my post that I was on a lower dose trip, probably about 3-4 grams or so and the method I used is effective for that level of trip.  But for a heavier dose that decides to go loopy.. It would be much more frightening and difficult.

Your options start running out when your sorroundings crumble around you like a stack of cards and your conciousness is merging into 7 dimensional shroom space.

--------------------
Older and wiser, but not old and not wise.

Offlineislanduniverse
Male

#13373494 - 10/22/10 08:31 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yes, it was a ~5.25g batch... half eaten and the other half about 0:45-1 hr later

intennnnnnnnsseeee

i wasn't so much scared of being put through it, it was much more worrying to be in the location i was in

Invisiblemonkiman
human being

Re: looping / mushrooms [Re: islanduniverse]
    #13373526 - 10/22/10 08:39 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

what location is that?

--------------------

Offlineislanduniverse
Male

Re: looping / mushrooms [Re: monkiman]
    #13373622 - 10/22/10 09:03 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i described it in the link in the OP

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract