Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomed
Stranger
My jars stink...is this bad?
    #1337123 - 02/26/03 07:12 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I PC'd my jars the other day, injected em, and sofourth, its been about two days...

The jars all have a Polyfill filter in the top, and are in a rubbermaid container

But, when I open the container, it stinks

it smells like rotting millit, which, I guess is what it is, but isn't oder a sign of mold?

Am I fucked?

They stay at a constant 81 F

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
Re: My jars stink...is this bad? [Re: shroomed]
    #1337167 - 02/26/03 07:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

if it smells nasty or rotten then chunk it. also, u might want to be careful smelling things like that, you might inhale some nasty spores

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1337235 - 02/26/03 08:11 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like you have some bacteria. I would throw away any jars that stink.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

#1337396 - 02/26/03 09:12 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

First off...YOu shouldnt open your containers after you injected them, this exposes your substrate to contams.

Second, what does it smell like? Leave if for a week or more, and see waht happens, if there is a contam you will see it, it not...GREAT. You could always use contam jars again if you wanted, just soak them in bleach. GL

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: My jars stink...is this bad? [Re: Zwieback0]
    #1337426 - 02/26/03 09:23 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

First off...YOu shouldnt open your containers after you injected them, this exposes your substrate to contams.

Second, what does it smell like? Leave if for a week or more, and see waht happens, if there is a contam you will see it, it not...GREAT. You could always use contam jars again if you wanted, just soak them in bleach. GL

He is talking about opening the container that contains the jars not the jars themselves. Also you don't see all contamination. Bacteria sometimes can be seen and sometimes it can't.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: My jars stink...is this bad? [Re: z@z.com]
    #1337481 - 02/26/03 09:39 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

True to both comments. But by leaving them for alittle longer, you may save potentially perfectly fine jars.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: My jars stink...is this bad? [Re: Zwieback0]
    #1337491 - 02/26/03 09:42 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

This is true, but make sure to seperate jars that stink from those that don't.

--------------------

Offlinewhitesox
    #1337535 - 02/26/03 09:59 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

All jars stink a little. The more you do the better you will get at determining contaimination.I think I am an expert already.And that's nothing to brag about.lol

Offlineshroomed
Stranger
    #1337698 - 02/26/03 10:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I DID NOT open the jars

Im just saying, inside the container it smells like, well, nastyness/rotting millit

Thing is, it smelt the exact same way inside the pressure cooker after I did it

Like, its not a bad smell, it just smells like cooked millit, sorta, does that make any sense?

Im not gonna throw em out

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate