Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Defending the patriot act [Re: fadedpinkwings]
    #1337211 - 02/26/03 08:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You seem more preoccupied with (attemps at) insulting other's intelligence than actually proving your points. The sad thing is I am on the side side of the political spectrum as you - your arrogance is doing more harm than good. Please, just shut up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBowlKiller
----
Re: Defending the patriot act [Re: Rono]
    #1337216 - 02/26/03 08:05 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

not only were they not allowed to review it, if there was any opposition to it then that person would be labeled as "unpatriotic" In other words they were bullied into passing this thing.

Its sick. Really its not like the intentions are even being hidden anymore. I mean dont you know that they were trying to actively pass the patriot act long before Sept. 11. I mean these same acts were being pushed through under other names for at least 2 years before Sept 11. But of course they did not go through because its plain to see how they go against the constitution outright. But now because of Sept. 11th they can just push it through real fast, no review, tell everyone who would object that they will be unamerican and are placed under other threats.

Now you also must know that the Patriot act 2 was LEAKED to the public. It was not given out by the govt. there are still people in there that know what is going on, and the drafts for patriot act 2 were leaked out. Now what does that tell you?? That means that they have been working on patriot act for a while. Why has it not been implemented??? Cause it is so sick, so communistic, so blatantly destructive to the constitution that it might have not been possible to quell oposition to it. Patriot act I is bad enough. So hmmm lets think, why has patriot act II not be passed yet?? Simple, because there has not been a great enough of an "attack" to justify such an act. So, is such an attack comming? who is going to cause it? Al-queda? the taliban? Saddam?? No. The United States Govt. is going to cause such an attack, rush Patriot act 2 through, and then maybe, people will wake up but if you understand anything about patriot act 2 it will be wayyyyy too late.

Anyway theory aside, you can look at the facts and the fact is the patriot act and patriot act 2 are evil.

--------------------
----

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1337240 - 02/26/03 08:11 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Faded, i dont know why you would even respond?!
I am really curious to see if even one other person who READS this thread agrees with you point of view....

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
Re: Defending the patriot act [Re: Anonymous]
    #1337273 - 02/26/03 08:21 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

You seem more preoccupied with (attemps at) insulting other's intelligence than actually proving your points.

No. That is the fun part. Actually I am preoccupied with trying to do many things at once. I do not really think there is any point to what I am trying to do, But atleast I will be able to say That I tried.

It seems that most people have made up there minds about this issue based on an overall feeling of fear and paranoia. I hear alot about how evil the patriot act is but no one seems willing to break it down objectively. I will try.

And stonefish, Since YOU told me to shutup I will seriously consider it.Promise.

--------------------
I hope all bleeding hearts Die from bloodloss!!!!!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #1337280 - 02/26/03 08:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Carnivore, Eschelon, Green Lantern, Tempest, Halo

Look them up on google, if you find nothing on them I'm not really supprised, I first heard of Halo and Tempest over 10 years ago while they were still in development...

Halo will disrupt the EMF, preventing any and all electrinic communications including radio

Tempest will allow the government to eavesdrop on your electronic devices, ie...computers, televisions, radios or what ever, and there is no provisions to prevent this

carnivore,eschelon and green lantern should be easy to find. if you feel that the patriot act is the first violation of privacy, you are wrong.

We cannot allow Law Enforcement to be the Law Makers

Prisoner#1

Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
    #1337287 - 02/26/03 08:25 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

That is funny. I found that same website and am using that in my defense of the PA.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1337289 - 02/26/03 08:25 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

FadedPinkWings...I see you have the time to post here, Yet I'm still waiting for you to show us how the Patriot act is a good thing.  Having problems finding anything on the internet supporting it are we?... :smirk:

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (02/26/03 08:28 AM)

Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
    #1337295 - 02/26/03 08:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Nah, The truth is I am not very good on the computer and I am having to learn how to do simple things like cut and paste. Almost there . I do know enough to keep more than one window open  :smirk:

Patience. You will get your chance to ridicule me.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1337301 - 02/26/03 08:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1337303 - 02/26/03 08:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

No need!
Your statement will be ridicule enough.... :smirk:

ANYONE SHARE FADEDS' VIEW OF THE PATRIOT ACT??? :grin:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
Re: Defending the patriot act [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1337312 - 02/26/03 08:36 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Wasn't it you who did not even know what the PA was the other day.Read it already, have you? So what do you have to say about it. You prove my point!

--------------------

Edited by Rono (02/26/03 08:37 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1337425 - 02/26/03 09:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Few are more to the right here than I am.

The Patriot Act sucks, and will be (hopefully) declared unconstitutional.

And if you weren't ready with your supporting statements you should have been smart enough not to even start this stupid fucking thread. Quite frankly you are a %$#@!&*^%.

(No edit required Rono) :grin:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #1337434 - 02/26/03 09:25 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

nope....maybe you havent noticed I dont even support our government for the last 20 years...seen too much to like it...I know where it's headed and what is to come from it....

Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
Re: Defending the patriot act [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1337567 - 02/26/03 10:12 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

AH shucks, you truly hurt my feelings. I did not really expect to make any friends here, trust me.

And when it comes to not being ready, Well I actually wanted to see some specific commentary on the main points from you people. I wanted to see if any of you had actually read it or not. Well, so far I am disappointed. It does not seem like anyone has any specific knowledge of what the thing actually says. Everyone just says stuff like "Its evil" or "the patriot act sucks".

As for being so far to the right ,You seem to fit right in here luvdumshrooms.

"The Patriot Act sucks, and will be (hopefully) declared unconstitutional" Brilliant luvdumshrooms, just brilliant.

--------------------

Edited by fadedpinkwings (02/26/03 10:15 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1337596 - 02/26/03 10:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

As for being so far to the right ,You seem to fit right in here luvdumshrooms.

Well thanks but you're one of the few who think so.

Quote:

Brilliant luvdumshrooms, just brilliant.

Once again, thanks.

We're still waiting for your brilliant defense of the indefensible.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1337604 - 02/26/03 10:24 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Wasn't it you who did not even know what the PA was the other day.Read it already, have you? So what do you have to say about it. You prove my point!

Actually NO, i read the patriot act a couple weeks ago....
I thought it a horrible blow to the american constitution,.....THATS YOU POINT?!
...i thought you were for the patriot act...

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Anonymous

#1337610 - 02/26/03 10:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You Obviously have not read the USAPA, Or you would know that these powers everyone is so afraid of are very specific in thier scope.

actually, i have read the act, and the powers that it grants the government are anything but limited in scope. we're all still waiting for you to figure out how to cut and paste your arguments.

While you echo paranoia rather nicely (you make a good soundboard)

you have yet to prove that i, or anyone here, is paranoid. you've done a pretty good job of proving your own level of naivet? though.

once again you provide no facts.

if you read the posts of others on this board, you would see that they have given many, many facts about what exactly the patriot act does. i don't need to be redundant. you, faded, do not have the same luxury. there is no one here who has beaten you to posting facts supporting your arguments, as there have been those supporting mine. yet you do not post any factual substance. few would argue that it is you who "once again provides no facts".

Do not think because you have huddled with the fear crowd that you are exempt from providing facts.

the fact that the vast majority shares the same view as i do does not make it any less reasonable. there is no reason why you should assume that i feel the way i do because i am simply following the crowd. again i say, it is you who seems to feel that he is "exempt from providing facts".

I will deal with you more directly later.

sounds threatening...

What I am compiling will take some time. Be patient or go to the OTD and kill some time.

good. i'm sure it will be excellent. we'll all be waiting patiently for your compilation of things you've cut and pasted.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Defending the patriot act [Re: Anonymous]
    #1337631 - 02/26/03 10:38 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"What I am compiling will take some time. Be patient or go to the OTD and kill some time."

I did! How much fucking time do i need to waste? Mabye you should compile your argument prior to making such grandoise claims!

But you are much to wise for that! I know you are very wise because you judge us as a group as weare all against the patriot act. But you! Your arguments are unique! NO body agrees with you, so that means that you alone are enlightened.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Edited by Azmodeus (02/26/03 10:38 AM)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Defending the patriot act [Re: Phred]
    #1337641 - 02/26/03 10:40 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Precisely. The problem with the Patriot Act is that it depends on the self restraint of those in power. Even if those in power today are scrupulously honest and fair (and all evidence I have seen leads me to conclude this is not the case), and use the powers granted them by the act in the most minimalist possible manner, there is no guarantee that the person who follows them will be.

Exactly. I wonder how faded would feel if the Patriot Act was passed during the Clinton Administration.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
    #1337677 - 02/26/03 10:48 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

No one is telling you to sit on the edge of your seat. Geez,  get a life. :smirk:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom