Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerungi
journeymana

cobweb lies
    #1336918 - 02/26/03 07:27 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Has anybody ever conquered cobweb that can show before and after pictures. H202 seems uesless in my experience, Yet it is posted in many places that it works. Has anybody killed the mold while it is growing with mycelium. Does direct sunlight increase or decrease the growth of the cobwell mould? My experience is that bleach appears better than h202, that is is if you spray bleech the codweb apperarance disappers but this is only temporarily. It seems the amount neccesary to kill the mould would kill everthing including the mycelium. Also has anyone notice geogrphically if cobweb mould is more of a problem in winter months in places where the sun doesn't shine compared to the summer months when the sun does shine brightly. Are there more cobweb spores in the outside air depending on season? Has anybody ever cultured pure cobweb on agar. Just wondering what peoples observation on the subject are, not what somebody told them or what they read. Anybody know the growth parameter for the cobweb mould such as the conditions for optimal growth such as humidity and tempereature. Can we boil the water to isolate the gold?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: cobweb lies [Re: rungi]
    #1337084 - 02/26/03 08:57 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Also has anyone notice geogrphically if cobweb mould is more of a problem in winter months in places where the sun doesn't shine compared to the summer months when the sun does shine brightly.

Yes

Quote:

Are there more cobweb spores in the outside air depending on season?

Yes

Quote:

Has anybody ever cultured pure cobweb on agar.

No, never needed to. But i've seen it in some cakes.

Quote:

Just wondering what peoples observation on the subject are, not what somebody told them or what they read. Anybody know the growth parameter for the cobweb mould such as the conditions for optimal growth such as humidity and tempereature.

As you can verify, the same as mycelium. Cobweb doesn't like fresh air, light and extremely cold temperatures. I'll have to make a search in my favorites to find precise growth parameters...

Quote:

Can we boil the water to isolate the gold?

Not sure about what you mean by that.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: cobweb lies [Re: rungi]
    #1337445 - 02/26/03 11:28 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I used to get quite a lot of cobweb on casings. At first I tried to fight it... sometimes I would win, usually I would lose. I finally figured out that it is much easier to clean everything and keep the cobweb out to begin with than to do battle after the fact.

If you keep getting it over and over no matter how clean you are, look for alternate sources of introduction. I found it in the pipes between my grow chamber and the humidifier. I found it in the filters on the humidifier. Clean everything that is a part of the terrarium setup including any shelves, trays, lights, walls, perlite, humidifier, tubing, etc.

I found the easiest way to clean all this crap was to fill a large rubbermaid trashcan with super hot water, add a couple 'glugs' of bleach, and drop everything non-electrical in there to soak for a few hours. After it has all dried, I would wipe it down with an alcohol/water solution before use.

I found that I had to do this procedure between every harvest or at the first sign of contamination. It is easier to keep two setups, one that is active and one that is clean and waiting.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum