Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinellamaherder
brother

my quitting thread
    #2641692 - 05/05/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i feel kinda selfish doin this but i need it to be in black and white, and with you guys as my witnesses, im quitting weed, cigarettes, and alcohol. this is my "quit log" journal.
i know its not for good but i ust gotta get it out of my system, been smokin way too much to the point where if i go a day without it i cant sleep, and if i do smoke it, i sleep for 12 hours (after clearing the kitchen) and wake up groggy as shit, this morning with a headache. been drinking too much too often, and doing more and more retarded shit while drunk that just gets me in trouble (like toking in the bar bathroom, or eating shrooms at 3 am). and the cigarettes just have to go. this may be the hardest part, seeing as i work at a bar. if anyone has any helpful quitting tips or strategies, i could really use them.
nothing interesting to type today, but hopefully as my mind clears it will change.

day 1 signing off,
redreh amall

--------------------
the post above is completely fictional.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: my quitting thread [Re: llamaherder]
    #2641979 - 05/05/04 02:25 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The best thing I can tell you for cigarettes is to eat lots of sweet and sour candy....I don't know if it works for others, but it definitely worked for me, as I haven't smoked in almost two months.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

Offlinel0st
    #2642138 - 05/05/04 03:20 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

this is a good plan man. I should have done this last year and i wouldn't have fucked myself over as much this last year.

i've been trying to do this for a while, only throw in junk food to your list.

so far i've only been able to kick the cigs, because i didn't smoke too much before, just at work and one at night usually. i'm high as a type this and i've been wanting to quit weed for a long time. alcohol is as good as over( had a 40 yesterday), except for may 2-4 weekend where i will get sloshed.

but so yeah, i'm going to go completely clean after i finish off this weed here. lets see how long it lasts. for my sake i hope i can keep to it, cuz i really need to get in shape.

good luck with your straightening. you're on your way to become much healthier.

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #2643004 - 05/05/04 07:47 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I myself have been officially off the herb for 6 days now and I must say fighting the craving to smoke up hasn't been easy. I can only imagine how hard it would be to try to quit herb, nic, and alcohol simultaneously.
The thing that's helped me the most to abstain so far is imagining the blissful stone turning to grogginess and being left with nothing but another broken 'commitment' to myself. I wish you luck, if you hope to tackle three dependencies at once you're gonna need it.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

OfflineHowardo
Male User Gallery

Loc: No left turn unstoned
    #2643856 - 05/05/04 11:22 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i steal tons of packs of trident and when i wanna smoke, i chew on that. mmm it's good, although i'm hooked to trident it's better than that awful smoke. my only advice is that if you're friends are drinkers/smokers it makes it that much harder. something to think about. good luck :laugh:

Offlinellamaherder
brother

#2644540 - 05/06/04 07:30 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yea im staying away from the people i used to be with every day

--------------------

Offlinellamaherder
brother

#2648458 - 05/06/04 10:50 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

its been 2 days, hasnt been that hard only because ive pretty much locked myself in my house. i wish i had a <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A> then maybe i could go find some drug-free people :/
im gettin into some hobbies or trying. i picked up a copy of the artists way, and ive been working on my writing and my music. also been doin pushups in sets of 10 every time i get the urge ive probly done about 200 today but i still cant sleep :/
ive got work tomorrow and i got a feelin im gonna crack and smoke a cig and maybe drink a beer but just quitting weed is hard enough for me right now. i need to take this one step of a time, and as long as im not getting drunk or high i will consider every day a success.

signing off day 3,
redreh amall

--------------------

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#2649634 - 05/07/04 10:31 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I used to smoke way too much weed. I was very unhealthy, coughed up black tar in the mornings. I got sick, kept smoking all the time, and broke a rib from coughing too hard.

I don't smoke often any more, work out occasionally, don't drink to excess very often, and am much happier for it. Plus, I don't have to worry about money as much, and I don't have to worry about finding or dealing with dealers.

I still trip once in a while, and smoke and/or drink with my freinds occasionally, but don't do it every day.

Have success ending these dependencies - it is worth it.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #2653030 - 05/08/04 10:28 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I gave up alcohol a while ago, and I'm very glad I did. Good luck with your quitting, and I hope you have positive results.

--------------------

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: my quitting thread [Re: deff]
    #2653384 - 05/08/04 12:26 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You can use two tek's about your problem -

1. just stop drinking and smoking ( harder method )

2. use smaller and smaller ammounts of cigs , weed and alcohol and you will battle it easyer that way , but a bit longer ...

I wish you luck . I personaly ain't a smoker , becose of my sport activities ( mountain biking ) . I have a friend that was before a MTBiker , but then he started to smoke , and he just doens't get enough energy to drive the bike uphill - that was just an example ...

OfflineSalviaD
Rasta
Loc: Portsmouth, VA
    #2659306 - 05/10/04 11:25 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

lately I've been keeping it to no more than once a day, with the weed, and sometimes not smoking at all depending on if i have other things i can do, best advice i can give is to stay busy. peace.....

Invisiblescott2004bc
Munchie Time!!
Loc: Utah
    #2694402 - 05/18/04 12:23 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

It is hard to do, I still smoke, and drink, but I decided to cut down mainly on drinking.  I was drinking about 6 to 8 beers a night...I know there are people that drink more but I want to become a LOT less of a drinker, just on the weekends...that way I cut back down to about 5 to 6 cigarettes a day...and ride my bike more...I used to smoke weed everyday too, expensive! ...it is hard to do, good luck! :smile:

--------------------
Enjoy life as much as you can, make the most of it, learn and grow from it, try enjoying different states of mind and learn from those experiences

Invisiblescott2004bc
Munchie Time!!
Loc: Utah
Re: my quitting thread [Re: scott2004bc]
    #2694409 - 05/18/04 12:24 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

..and also I am staying out of OTD, that place warps your brain!! lol!

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2694606 - 05/18/04 01:10 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Good for you!!! It can be hard to quit things like that. I hope you can keep going and find enjoyment in your mind and the world around you, I wish I could!

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2695055 - 05/18/04 05:32 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You haven't been back in over a week, lh, how's the quitting going?

btw, I quit cigs 3 years ago.
Best thing I ever did...
Quit alcohol AGAIN last month, well except for one little beer.
Probation keeps my weed smoking badly in check.

Invisiblevalleysofneptune
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: my quitting thread [Re: barfightlard]
    #13360077 - 10/19/10 10:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

heyman i quit drinking, smokking, blazing, and ectasy all at once. it's the first month that is utter choas. then slowy your mind starts to be relased but you hardly notice almost like comfortably numb? then slowly gradually (blissfully) you sober up. then the 'cravings' come in waves. week to week nightly monthly yee.:thumbup:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #13361485 - 10/20/10 10:35 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I've quit everything except psychedelics, which I only use rarely now.  I have noticed I am so much more creative and well balanced then I used to be.

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
    #13363324 - 10/20/10 06:19 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

What day are you on now llamaherder?

--------------------

Anonymous #1

Re: my quitting thread [Re: WScott]
    #13363332 - 10/20/10 06:22 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

This thread is absurdly old.  Day 2 quitting cigarettes.  :frown:  This is my millionth try but it's also THE ONE.  Beleedat.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds