Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNandoDando
Breeder of Floating Brains
Male User Gallery

Mushrooms and Sugar- There can be Only One! /Lightning
    #13355265 - 10/18/10 11:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Please excuse my title, (I thought maybe sugar and mushrooms with swords battling across a kitchen surface may make someone smile:).

There is a story behind this, But are mushroom trips effectively canceled by large amounts of sugar? (This is similar too but the other threads didn't seem to answer this).

I have only done mushrooms once about 4-5 years ago, about 3days before it became illegal in the UK (because you can't realistically tax something that grows everywhere and goddamn-it it give the plebeians ideas! /ahem sorry end rant:)

When we brought our Colorado (I think) mushrooms, the man at the till (and bare in mind this shop had sold totally legally (as it was) magic mushrooms for years) warned us over-and-over not to have ANY sugar as its instantly absorbed and sugar neutralise's the active compounds in the bloodstream. And he was tired of people eating chocolate and then complaining that nothing was happening.

/Needless to say the experience was magic, had some fun moments with my friend as visually things were calculated slightly wrong, and ended up with a few stories (like going downstairs to the shops and thinking we'd been caught, but really the guy was just explaining that that bottle of pop wasn't in the offer when he turned to us and said with authority "YOU can't have that" :laugh:) and a spiritual experience that stayed with me, I mean I've been to church and my faith never felt so...clean, honest,true...peaceful I dunno..nothing seems to describe its poetry\

THE POINT IS: We amassed a pile of chocolate as a safety net, and after an hour and a half we ate it to remove the high and in under a minute it just magically lifted all at once like a curtain. IS THAT IN ANY WAY TYPICAL? Because I plan to have my second trip sometime this year:) If not what are the effects of sugar? Because it was 2 people that it removed the high form at the same time in a way that was consistent with the warnings of the seller.

Thank you for your time I look forward to your replies

--------------------
You paint a picture and each small feature contains to your mind another painting just as large trying to expand free. Each its own full painting of unique inspiration&style. You look closer and it is made up of just as unique and wide span of sub-features bursting with potential to become paintings themselves.
The brain has this potential but also has constant surpression so that you can concentrate. But with such scope of creation how can any rigid morality produce a fair and unchained future. Religion will dissipate with time, rejoice in entropy :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoctopus
Trying Pans

Re: Mushrooms and Sugar- There can be Only One! /Lightning [Re: NandoDando]
    #13356612 - 10/19/10 10:30 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I cant see how this works, because all that is happening is the acidity of your stomach is breaking off the phosphate group of psilocybin (along with a few oxygen, and i think 1 hydrogen... too lazy to look up the chemical formulas right now).

I guess I dont understand what adverse effect sugar would have. Idk where sugar even comes into the equation? Mushrooms have carbohydrates in them already, especially in the form of chitin.

Your body cant process chitin, but youve got to be gaining some energy via the mushroom tissue in the form of usable carbohydrates...

Im just piecing together what ive learned from biology, chemistry, and a bit of wikipedia though...

--------------------
Psychedelics are the only capable thing of pushing one's mind to the edge of infinity....

Offlinedivinemomentoftrut
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms and Sugar- There can be Only One! /Lightning [Re: Doctopus]
    #13356686 - 10/19/10 10:41 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

sugar will cancel out a ketamine trip but i occasionally dice up my caps and put them in melted chocolate to make candy bars so i cant see how that would work.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and Sugar- There can be Only One! /Lightning [Re: divinemomentoftrut]
    #13356729 - 10/19/10 10:52 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

One of my strongest mushroom trips to date was from a funky oversized mushroom chocolate. For this reason, I would be hesitant to believe that this is more than placebo effect. If you are convinced it will work, then quite possibly it will.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Mushrooms and Sugar- There can be Only One! /Lightning [Re: nicechrisman]
    #13356866 - 10/19/10 11:24 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Chocolates are one of my favorite ways to dose, and in my opinion it is either potentiating the trip or just helping it come on faster.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,500 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

OfflineDoctopus
Trying Pans

Re: Mushrooms and Sugar- There can be Only One! /Lightning [Re: gornyhuy]
    #13356893 - 10/19/10 11:30 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well chocolate containing pure cacao will act as an MAOI, its one of those pretty weak natural MAOIs, but it does work.

So if you eat chocolate mushies with cacao in the mix you will definitely have a better trip / faster onset depending on the concentration of the cacao

--------------------
Psychedelics are the only capable thing of pushing one's mind to the edge of infinity....

OfflineJohnny Depp
 User Gallery
Re: Mushrooms and Sugar- There can be Only One! /Lightning [Re: Doctopus]
    #13357179 - 10/19/10 12:25 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by Johnny Depp (12/19/14 03:30 AM)

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and Sugar- There can be Only One! /Lightning [Re: Johnny Depp]
    #13357576 - 10/19/10 01:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

^^

sugar does not negate psilocybin

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

OfflineNandoDando
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and Sugar- There can be Only One! /Lightning [Re: k00laid]
    #13360210 - 10/19/10 11:41 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

WOW, Not what I expected at all:eek:
So it was really just a coincidence that less than a minute after I'm pretty sure I just saw like a tinted film lifted from my vision and my mind became clear for the rest of the day...and at the same time as my friend. :laugh:

That's not disbelief, it's just so unlikely that It makes me an odd kind of lucky :laugh: Statistically speaking, it has to happen to someone but that's contorted my view for years now(I'm embarrassed to say I've told other people that that's what worked for me:S)

Next question,
What are good ways of riding out a high that has gone on for a while?
The thing is, I would like my second trip to be with my fiancee who
hasn't done them. My first (and so far only) time was an amazing trip and the spiritual awareness that stayed with me I think has made my world a nicer place. I just want her to feel loved and happy the whole time it goes on and who'd know better than you guys how to do that:D And how to keep her safe. (I ofc plan moderation)

--------------------
You paint a picture and each small feature contains to your mind another painting just as large trying to expand free. Each its own full painting of unique inspiration&style. You look closer and it is made up of just as unique and wide span of sub-features bursting with potential to become paintings themselves.
The brain has this potential but also has constant surpression so that you can concentrate. But with such scope of creation how can any rigid morality produce a fair and unchained future. Religion will dissipate with time, rejoice in entropy :laugh:

OfflineDoctopus
Trying Pans

#13360958 - 10/20/10 07:35 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Grind up 1.5g put it in 1-2 oz of lemon juice. Let it sit for 20 minutes and bottoms up! That will only last 3-4 hours, and it will be plenty visual and spiritual :smile:

--------------------

OfflineJohnny Depp
 User Gallery
    #13361228 - 10/20/10 09:20 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by Johnny Depp (12/19/14 03:30 AM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #13361458 - 10/20/10 10:26 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I eat magic mushrooms and bananas (high sugar fruit) every time I trip, and I always trip ballz for hours.

Offlinemurrtheblur
Chillin Chillin
Male

Loc: the stix
    #13361727 - 10/20/10 11:31 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Huxley discusses something pertinent to this in The Doors Of Perception, that mescaline effectively turns off the brain's ability to take up glucose and this accordingly is what causes the loss of ego, visuals, shit like that, So maybe if you go ahead and override that with lots of added glucose it as you say takes away the trip, this is based on some old science and shit so I'm not saying its right but it's something. I may be misrecalling aswell its been a while since I've read it. Hope this gives you some kind of jumping off point.
~blur~

OfflineNandoDando
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and Sugar- There can be Only One! /Lightning [Re: murrtheblur]
    #13383492 - 10/25/10 02:01 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well if something reduces uptake of sugars like that then an overwhelming amount would result in overriding correction via the systems governing sugar not being suppressed (there are a few of them, and almost all blood systems work on negative feedback).
So basically while mushrooms will suppress sugar uptake they don't cancel its uptake it'd be more like a counter weight against it.

Still that being the case, I don't see why restoring normal levels of sugar or sugar uptake would have any effect on a mushrooms' 'active' ingredients. Is anyone really good at the science here? There's no way that mushrooms sugar effects are a pillar of its active chemistry. But there does seem something more too this than 'nothing' at least when very large amounts are consumed quickly.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies