Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNova

Paruresis and random UAs
    #1335464 - 02/25/03 05:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If you dont know what paruresis is, its shy bladder syndrom where for some weird psycological reason you cannot urinate around people. I cant when the guy stands by me for UAs. I dont have the worst, some people cant go in public restrooms at all. So what do I have to do? I drink lots of water and hold it until the test. Well as you can guess its torture, not to mention some times I cant go and need to drink more. Since its so traumatic for me, i usualy worry about having tests and it makes me all depressed and everyday is crappy. It is one of the most frustraiting things when everyday you do it but can do it right then and get it over with. Anyone have similar trouble or any ideas on what to do?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous #1

Re: Paruresis and random UAs [Re: Nova]
    #1335609 - 02/25/03 06:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlinerhizo
herb eater

Loc: Asia
    #1335800 - 02/25/03 07:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

dude, don't worry. i can't go either if people are watching. you should probably be more worried about why you have to have the UAs.

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet
 User Gallery

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #1336114 - 02/25/03 09:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have this as well, it really sucks. It's not that I am self conscious, but I just cannot "go" when I know there are other people around. Even if I am in the middle of the country, 1 hour from the nearest town, just a buddy and I and I gotta piss really bad, stop the truck, walk about 30 feet away in complete darkness and I still cant go. I found that inducing a small trance works in public washrooms. It is not debilitating, but it is can be uncomfortable.

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#1336320 - 02/26/03 12:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I used to get this on and off, its kinda weird actually. It's purely mental, I do have a trick that I use. Try to overload your brain with thinking of things that have nothing to do with the situation, such as a carousel or riding a bike down a huge hill... keep thinking stupid random things and then all of a sudden you will start to go. When your standing there and you think "why can't i go" and then you try to concentrate on going, it only makes it harder.

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet
 User Gallery

Loc: Bizzaro World
Re: Paruresis and random UAs [Re: ]
    #1336479 - 02/26/03 02:59 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Definitly,  That is kinda what I mean with the trance thing.  Just change the thought patterns of the brain for a few seconds and it's all good. :cool: 

--------------------

OfflineYeti_009
CryptoZoologicalAnimal

Loc: I. D.idnt A.sk H.ow O.ld
Re: Paruresis and random UAs [Re: FlusH]
    #1336612 - 02/26/03 05:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yea bro....I am on both adult and juvenile probation for Possesion of Marijuana...
My drug tests are so hard to complete because i have the exact same problem as you............... I usually have the pig who is watching run the water, or i will flush the toilet.... I found that jogging in place makes you want to go right away.....
When i went to jail it was torture... I once had to hold my piss for 26 hours in the holding cell............ i had to keep asking for the nurse.....finally she let me go in her office bathroom.....
i thought i was going to develope a bladder infection......and i went to jail for seeing my 17 year old lover at her house, when her mom had a no contact order on me.
The system blows, well of course you already know that right??

OfflineNova

Re: Paruresis and random UAs [Re: ]
    #1338310 - 02/26/03 05:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thats werid you mentioned caffeine. Now that I think about it, the easiest test I had, I drank 3 cups of coffee before and I was in and out. Does caffeine have somthing to do with peeing? Also I will try the trance thing, thanks for the tips. I know what you mean, I dont feel insecure or anything, I just cant go when someone is there to monitor my urinating. Just imagine eather peeing before 6 o clock that day (when you have only two tries with some creepy guy looking at your nuts) or going to court/jail. I worry about that everyday.  The way I turn in tests is I drink so much water that my "trance" would be extreme pain which would take my mind off it and I could go. Not fun :frown:

Edited by Nova (02/26/03 05:26 PM)

OfflineRoKiSdEaD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: South
    #1338950 - 02/26/03 10:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

MAN i thought I was the only one in the world with this problem. WHen I was on probation.. man it sucked ass... thankfully I havent been on it in years, but I cant sue public restrooms at all, unless they are single user ones. Sometimes when I am out in town I will have to drive all the way across town to go to a store where I can piss.... I get on everyones nerves really bad going on trips or something with my family, cuz they just stop anywhere and piss, but I have to have a single user bathroom, so they have to drive around until we find one. I can go in a multiuser one if noone is in there, but if someone comes in while im peeing it just fuckin stops... It sucks ass so bad. I am starting to get a little bit better about it now though, finally. My fiance used to think I didnt trust her cuz I couldnt piss in front of her... but I finally can now :smile: ALL the tricks these guys mentioned above are the ones I use, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't :frown:

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
    #1348564 - 03/03/03 07:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

squeeze the inner muscle at the tip, think of something really funny. repeat. laugh and squeeze, laugh and squeeze.
if you use cleaners for your UAs, you may want to avoid caffiene.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being