Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleComputerism
Propagandist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Next to a Shrub
Re: Official Proposition 19 Discussion [Re: Newbie]
    #13350681 - 10/18/10 12:24 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It's strange... Prop 19 might pass the same year the rest of the country elects a bunch of teapartyfags. I guess the raids will continue. They don't want to tell corporations how to run their businesses, but they want to tell the rest of us what we can smoke in our spare time and prevent gay people from marrying and women from having abortions. But if you want to start up an evil corporation to rape the earth and poison the population, go right ahead... and feel free not to serve blacks at your lunch counter because civil rights are unconstitutional.

--------------------
Butterfly in the sky, I can go twice as high. :gethigh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

Re: Official Proposition 19 Discussion [Re: Computerism]
    #13350812 - 10/18/10 01:14 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I saw an article recently (regrettably I don't have the link) about how at the same time that our individual rights are being eroded (specifically privacy, or at least that was the focus of the article), rights for corporations have never been stronger.
It's really a disturbing trend.
Not exactly relevant to prop 19 though, so I'll shut up about it.

--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Offlinerealfuzzhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: above the smog layer Flag
Re: Official Proposition 19 Discussion [Re: laserpig]
    #13350857 - 10/18/10 01:39 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

dude is this guy fucking serious? stoners voting no on 19??

FORGEEEDDABBOUDDIT, if you grow your own weed there is no fucking taax on it, and you can "give it to friends" free of tax.

and yeah big corporations will start up eventually but none quickly becuase they will be an obvious taget for federal prosecution. The market will be open for small time people like yourself, and

IT WILL CREATE A DOMINO EFFECT FOR OTHER STATES AND THE DRUG LEGALIZATION MOVEMENT IN GENERAL,
the silent majority of america will be able to witness that we dont all become fatass dumb hicks if we legalize marijuana, do you realize how important that is???

a person like you who smokes weed, and has a vote on the issue of legalization  but votes no because of "loopholes and bad writing" should be shot.

goodd damn, and it also gives us to challenge the feds!! if we can actually get these issues before a judge then we can get honest debate on he marijuana issue, do you realize how important that is????

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

Re: Official Proposition 19 Discussion [Re: realfuzzhead]
    #13350863 - 10/18/10 01:41 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I do actually.
I think you hit reply on the wrong post.

--------------------

Offlinerealfuzzhead
Male User Gallery

#13350870 - 10/18/10 01:43 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Think about the touism to california?? Great wine, hot girls and dank legal weed, think of the weed and alcohol parlors that will open up and be sick as fuck??

and if youre under 21 just get a medical card and you can legally smoke!

prop 19 is gold, not go out and get everyone you know to vote fucking yes!!!:datass:

you owe it to everyone else on shroomery who lives in states that arent as fucking awesome as california

Offlinerealfuzzhead
Male User Gallery

#13350872 - 10/18/10 01:43 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

and dude not you, the guy who everyone was arguing earlier

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

#13350874 - 10/18/10 01:44 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Word.

--------------------

Offlinescienceguy
Instrument
Male

Loc: One Mile High... Flag
Re: Official Proposition 19 Discussion [Re: cacharstar]
    #13351358 - 10/18/10 08:02 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

This is like saying you wouldn't have been in favor of the civil rights movement because it might mean that they'd bring out the firehoses when you go out and march.

Of course there will be growing pains.  The legalization of hemp is one of the most dangerous things that is facing Big Food, Big Pharma, and Big Oil, and one of the most effective things you can do as a citizen nobody to take power back into your own hands from the bastards who lied to your great-grandfathers and mothers and stole it.  Those motherfuckers have lots of money and power, and will do anything to get you to think that this is a bad idea for you.  It's not.  Legalizing hemp is literally the most important thing this generation can do for the world.

By making a choice to support the legalization movement, you make a stand for supporting human rights.  By voting against it, for whatever reason, you openly admit that you believe that continuing to oppress an entire people group for exercising what should be their civil liberty to grow a plant is okay.  By what right do you force your beliefs of prohibition on others?  For your own profit?  Fucking pathetic, and complicity fascist.

--------------------
"Freedom starts between the ears."

Edward Abbey

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#13351480 - 10/18/10 08:58 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cacharstar said:
Quote:

laserpig said:
What I'm saying is that every Californian has a strict moral obligation to vote for prop 19, because even if they don't fancy the specific regulation schemes being proposed, to vote against 19 is to endorse the unjust incarceration of thousands of innocents.

*Thanks Pris.

In my opinion prop 19 will be horrible to the industry. Yea many people knowingly broke an unjust law to engage in cultivation of marijuana and are incarcerated in jail;  But that is that.  Sux.

If 19 passes I think millions of federal dollars will be withheld in an attempt to gain control by the feds.  That and small time growers will be outta business unless I can start sending packages to you outta state.:tinfoil:  On the other hand doesn't prop 19 also allow for stricter penalties for growers not licensed?  Another issue.  That and do you really think the feds will let Oaksterdam open his warehouses? Prop 19 will probably pass. And I need a new job.  I think the quality of buds on the scene will diminish.  I see huge crops of outdoor flooding the market; homegrown.  It sux enough in the bay right now.  Go on cl and see what a qp is selling for. :facepalm:

How can I make money if these fuckers are flooding the mkt...

I have a 215 card.  I will vote no on prop 19 and I urge you to do so as well.  Protect the industry.  Possession of an ounce or less is already just an infraction in california.  We don't need this. That and if you are 18, do you really want to wait 3 years to smoke legally when you can get a card at 18 and smoke now?

I hope you don't make money because everyone that wants to smoke weed will grow their own and not buy it from some pompous jerkoff that wants to charge way more than it's worth for it.  Legalization = prices go down due to inherent risks involved no longer applying.  It's common sense that the people profiting from the current system are going to lose their asses and that's the whole point.  The quality will not diminish.  People who want to grow that are unwilling to risk the legal repercussions are just as likely to be good at growing.  If anything, there will be an exponential growth of good bud availability.

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Official Proposition 19 Discussion [Re: scienceguy]
    #13351497 - 10/18/10 09:07 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

To all those who think "we should vote no, because prop 19 isn't perfect":

Due to a drafting error in the 21st amendment, microbreweries were not allowed - even after the repeal of prohibition - until 1979.

It would have been extremely foolish for people in the 1930s to suggest to not repeal prohibition because microbreweries would not have been allowed.

At the same time, it would be foolish for people to vote no on 19 because it doesn't allow for things like smoking in public.

Look at the big picture - look at what it DOES allow. Wars are won a battle at a time.

This bill MUST pass. We must show politicians that loosening marijuana laws is no longer the minority viewpoint, but rather what the majority of the public wants, and that it is a position that is vote-able. That is when we'll see marijuana reform snowball.

:2cents:

EDIT:
Wondering what will happen to prices and quality? Availability and competition will increase.

What happens to prices when there is increased availability? What happens to quality when there is competition?

In Amsterdam you can go into a shop, name a strain, and get it for cheap. Prop 19 allows for that in California.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Invisiblecacharstar
Strange is good...
Male

Loc: The West Coast
Re: Official Proposition 19 Discussion [Re: Green_T]
    #13353115 - 10/18/10 03:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Ok so for the average pot smoker this bill is great.  For the state as a whole not so great.  But we will see.

--------------------
:irishtoast:

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #13353138 - 10/18/10 03:32 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

How is this bad for the state as a whole?

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Invisiblecacharstar
Strange is good...
Male

Re: Official Proposition 19 Discussion [Re: niteowl]
    #13353316 - 10/18/10 04:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well the state is bankrupt and the supporters of the bill are claiming the added tax revinue will help ease the budget crunch.  However marijuana can be grown at home so no tax collected there. And the price will go down meannng less taxes from dispencery sales. But the main reason I think it is bad for the state as a whole is the added pressure from the federial government. We are desperately in need of federal money and I fear the passing of prop 19 will cause the feds to get funkey with our money. I think prop 19 will end up costing us more money as a whole. I don't want to be first on any liscensing list.  The first thing the DEA did as a thank you to the humbolt liscensed facilities is raid the top of the list.

--------------------

Offlinescienceguy
Instrument
Male

Re: Official Proposition 19 Discussion [Re: cacharstar] * 2
    #13353997 - 10/18/10 06:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You can't make omelets if you're terrified of breaking some eggs.

You seem to be forgetting the billions your state could be saving not dragging marijuana "criminals" through a bullshit court system, to throw them in prison at the taxpayer's expense.

You don't need a dime of federal money if you grow enough hemp.  Learn to incorporate it's uses as fuel, food, medicine, and fiber, and you'll understand what Popular Science was talking about when it called hemp the first "Billion Dollar Crop" in 1938.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Invisiblecacharstar
Strange is good...
Male

Re: Official Proposition 19 Discussion [Re: scienceguy]
    #13354047 - 10/18/10 06:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You keep talking about growing hemp, but hemp is considered marijuana and under prop 19 and you would still only be able to grow a modest patch.  Not nearly enough hemp to survive. So you could posses an ounce of hemp.  Whoot whoot:whoo:

--------------------

Invisiblecacharstar
Strange is good...
Male

#13354051 - 10/18/10 06:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Another issue.  Will they do away with prop 215 cards?  I can posses 6 pounds and grow 99 plants.  I don't want to be restricted to a fucking ounce.

--------------------

OfflineSbstratAlchemist
Enthusiast

#13354066 - 10/18/10 07:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

No, prop 19 does not repeal or in any way effect prop 215.

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #13354071 - 10/18/10 07:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

prop 215 will still exist. no worries.. what county has 6 lbs... are you sure that is correct?

Offlinerealfuzzhead
Male User Gallery

Re: Official Proposition 19 Discussion [Re: cacharstar] * 1
    #13354090 - 10/18/10 07:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cacharstar said:
You keep talking about growing hemp, but hemp is considered marijuana and under prop 19 and you would still only be able to grow a modest patch.  Not nearly enough hemp to survive. So you could posses an ounce of hemp.  Whoot whoot:whoo:

god damnbit you fucking idiot, read the motherfucking bill would ya??

Hemp farms would start up across california, and they of course would be able to grow more than 25 square feet, and dude, your fucking prop 215 card WILL NOT BE FUCKING EFFECTED. IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE IN THE GOD DAMN BILL.

You are trying to protect your livelyhood at the expense of common mens civil rights, go fucking jump off the golden gate so we can have some real progress.

god damnit

Offlinescienceguy
Instrument
Male

#13354096 - 10/18/10 07:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It's not perfect, but it's a start.  My long term goals are clear, and even though this bill isn't perfect to me, and doesn't allow me to cultivate hemp like an agricultural product in my backyard, I still understand that this brings me one step closer to that.  It's a work in progress.

Now, are you willing to to help stop human rights abuses, or are you going to continue to be part of the prohibition machine?

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies