Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Isolationsim
    #1334943 - 02/25/03 01:03 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

When doing a little research for Phluck's challenge to write an unbiased essay on the war with Iraq, I found this page dealing with their weapons of mass destruction. My original thought was that this is clearly grounds for war with Iraq, as the UN's intention when signing the post-Gulf War treaty was for Saddam to prove that he had destroyed his weapons of mass destruction, and the burden of proof did not lie on the inspectors.

However, after much deliberating, I have come to a rather different conclusion. I believe that Iraq and its weapons are purely the UN's mess. Bush is, by invading Iraq, cleaning up an elephant sized shit left by a mass of unorganized and often outwardly ignorant "representatives" of other countries.

My point? This is not America's war. In fact, with each day, I believe more and more than the US should withdraw from the UN, and let them choose to either back up their demands on Iraq, or prove to the world that the UN is not to be feared by even the weakest of tyrannical governments.

When the UN issues the statement, "Concerning UNSCOM, the Board stressed the importance of ridding Iraq of its weapons of mass destruction, of Iraq's full compliance with relevant Security Council resolutions, and of the grave regional and international consequences of Iraq's persistent non-compliance," it must mean, instead of "grave regional and international consequences," begging and pleading with Saddam to fulfill his end of the deal.

Frankly, I'm getting sick of the world's view of America as a brutal policeman. We tried to help, and everyone spat in our faces. I think we should heed George Washington's warning against foreign entangling alliances, and become an isolated nation. Let the world fuck itself over, at least it won't blame America for the chaotic state things will be in... or will it?

Edited by stonedfish (02/25/03 01:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
Re: Isolationsim [Re: Anonymous]
    #1335185 - 02/25/03 02:16 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think we should heed George Washington's warning against foreign entangling alliances, and become an isolated nation.

Sounds like a great idea to me.  I think America? should keep it's nose out of other people's business.  Stop trying to make the world a better place.  We can see just how "great" things are in America? and I'd hate for the rest of the world end up similar.  I'd be interested to see just how long America? would last if it were to isolate itself completely.  My guess is not long.  I think there is more than enough hatred and greed for it to collapse on itself very quickly.  Its obvious most Americans don't give a shit about the rest of the world anyway.  Here's a news flash for ya, we don't give much of a shit about you either.  Adios Putos! :tongue: 

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

Anonymous

Re: Isolationsim [Re: MushyMay]
    #1335257 - 02/25/03 02:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

We've been relatively isolated up to WWII, I do not doubt that it would work fine. And we wouldn't have to deal with your shit either.

Jump to top Pages: 1