Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineInhuman
Stranger
Loc: Not From Around Here
Advice for a Possible Tripper
    #1334836 - 02/25/03 02:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey alll,
    For awhile now I have been curious about entering the realm of shrooms. I consider myself an intelligent fellow and have always loved to think. Some might say my imigination is berserk.  I have been smoking marijuana for awhile now, and feel it affects me differently than everyone else. Some of the things I feel while high seem quite like the stimuli people report while tripping. Is it not a good idea to try shrooms if my mind is already so hyper-active so to speak?  Even when sober I see things others do not,. Simply looking at something brings to mind hundreds of different ideas about it. I cant really explain. Its not a bad thing, I rather enjoy it. I have done much research and it seems shrooms would be right up my alley, save for one thing. I read somewhere that they can trigger latent mental illnesses. Could my over active mind be a sign of such a hidden thing? I have heard somewhere up my family tree there was some mental illness, but who's family doesnt have such a thing? Can anyone give me advice? Shrooms seem awesome, a way to visit a place where Id truly enjoy myself. Yet the insanity concern still holds me back? Any ideas?

-Inhuman

PS- Hmm, this post paints me ina  different light then I would have hoped. I am a stable, fun, and kind lad. Its just I tend to think alot  :cool:  Thanks in advane 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKB1EWE
WIDE-EYEDCURIOSITY
Loc: f(s) = (8t^2-3t+35)/ i
Re: Advice for a Possible Tripper [Re: Inhuman]
    #1334885 - 02/25/03 02:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

you're the man who knows the most about yourself

if you finally decide to try shrooms, start with a very small dose....u know, just to expel any paranoia you may still have about your decision. Go with something extraordinarily small like .25 grams. From there, work your way up until you feel comfortable in your ability to handle the allmighty mushy.

good luck

--------------------
E A T T H E W O R M...with moderation

OfflineInhuman
Stranger
    #1334949 - 02/25/03 03:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the advice, but I wonder,
    How often do people really go off the deep end? I feel like so long as I knew Id be fine in a handful of hours  Id be ablle to handle anything. Ive read a ton of trip reports and thus feel like Ive prepared myself for the temporary scariness that would perhaps show its ugly face. But what about permanent warpedness? Is it common in semi-stable individuals? Will all different-minded people be forever messed up by tripping? Just curious. Thanks  :laugh:

-Inhuman 

OfflineKB1EWE
WIDE-EYEDCURIOSITY
Loc: f(s) = (8t^2-3t+35)/ i
    #1334967 - 02/25/03 03:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

the only way tripping with such small doses of psychedelics (especially shrooms) can mess u up is if you let it. What i mena by that is when you are tripping you will experience strange stuff (obviously). If you let the strange stuff mean too much in your mind, you could start getting really religious or wierd. This is just mysticism however.........you really have not much to fear.

mushrooms are a positive experience in my opinion....even "bad trips"

give it a go and have fun...don't worry...there's no need for worry...just let the mushrooms do their thing

--------------------
E A T T H E W O R M...with moderation

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1334983 - 02/25/03 03:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You shouldn't worry about it. Everyone out there has the ability to develop a mental illness if the circumstances are just right. A good mushroom experience can be very rewarding, even for someone who has problems. Just trust what you're feeling inside and do what you think is right.  :wink: 

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
    #1335013 - 02/25/03 03:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

you sound like the best candidate for mushrooms to me :-)

you definitely dont come off as somebody who has some underlying mental problems, but then again, i can only judge from one post. if yer stable, you should be fine.

if you decide to do em, i hope you have fun :-)

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1335057 - 02/25/03 03:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Generally, if one thinks it may be a problem, it may be a problem. Generally, if one doesn't think it should be a problem, it shouldn't be a problem.

Generally. :smile: Good luck man

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (02/25/03 03:52 PM)

OfflineInhuman
Stranger
    #1335118 - 02/25/03 04:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the advice all,
It really helps to have those who've experienced shrooms pass on their knowledge to humble little newbs such as myself. Thats one thing Ive actually noticed about the tripping community. For the most part everyone is really cool, they dont treat amateurs such as myself like idiots. Thats one thing I dont like about pot is that people tend to be all big and bad about it. I dont know perhaps its just me. Anyway I think I will venture forth sometime in the near future and give tripping a try. Ill definetly post a report, hopefully with adobe-warped illustrations, detailing my experience. when the time comes. Until then, thanks again.

-Inhuman

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #1335279 - 02/25/03 04:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

If you can get one other person who is interested in mushrooms and also inexperienced, you should try them together for the first time. I think this is the best way to dive into the world of the mushroom; with someone else who has yet to discover it. Just make sure the person is cool, and is able to stay calm in odd situations, very odd situations.

Mushrooms will make you say "what the fuck just happened?" the first time you do them, given your dosage and mindset are right. I cannot begin to explain the experience, but once you try them, you'll know what I mean.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience