Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Donkey Poo
    #1334507 - 02/25/03 10:48 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Around this area, we have alot of wild donkeys...would donkey shit work for casing as horse/cow does? If so, is there any special precautions i should take when getting it from the wild? :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Donkey Poo [Re: tak_old]
    #1334525 - 02/25/03 10:53 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

dont get kicked by a jackass, um dont use wild donkey poop, them donkeys take all the nutrients from the food they eat, leaving none for shrooms, go to wally word and buy cow poopy

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #1334549 - 02/25/03 11:03 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Around this area, we have alot of wild donkeys...would donkey shit work for casing as horse/cow does? If so, is there any special precautions i should take when getting it from the wild? :laugh: 

Yes the Donkey poo should work.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #1334639 - 02/25/03 11:32 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

give the shit a try :smile:

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Donkey Poo [Re: Roadkill]
    #1334649 - 02/25/03 11:34 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

there is a really cool, and long post by some smart guy that explains why wild animal poop sucks compared to farm raised poop, i just dunno were its at

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1334666 - 02/25/03 11:37 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

this was posted by some guy, forget who, but it explains why wild donkey shit sucks

Boy, mushrooms and deer, quite possibly my two favorite things in life... I'm glad you brought this up eatabortstoo.

The answer is, it depends on what kind of deer it is.

Whitetail and blacktail deer are much more wild, active animals than your typical horse or cow. Because of their active lifestyle, these two types of deer tend to use up more of the nutrients in their food than do less active animals such as cows and horses. The deer you are referring to are on a farm, therefore are probably less active than wild deer, which means their body will use less of their food than wild deer.

This means that whitetail and blacktail poo will not be as nutritious a meal for your mushrooms as would horse or cow poo. Since they are farmed deer, it will have a higher nutrient content than wild deer, but it will still be well below the quality of horse or cow poo. Also, you should consider what types of foods the farm deer are eating. Deer easily digest and metabolise fruits and vegetables, therefore if the deer are corn fed or have a high fruit diet such as apples you are even less likely to have sufficient nutrients in the poo. Deer, like dogs, wolves, bears, etc do not digest and metabolise grains very well. If you've ever gone hunting and had the misfortunate of shooting or cutting the deer's stomach, you will notice a rancid sloppy mess of goo, half digested corn, and whole blades of grass and grains. This is indication that deer use up corn and fruits much more easily than grasses and grains. So if your deer are eating a lot of rye, wheat, and other grasses it may prove successful to use their poo.

Lastly, you should be observant of when the poo is collected. Spring and early Summer would be the best time to collect their poo. Late Summer and Fall deer begin to eat and digest more in order to gain the extra fat layer and thicker coat needed to survive the harsh winter conditions. Bucks particularly eat more in order to bulk up and grow their racks to impress females and fight off other buck competitors during rut, which extends approx. from about October to January. Since deer use more of the food they are eating before and during rut, this is not a good time to collect their poo.

Mule deer, on the other hand, live and behave much more like cows. They are slow moving, less intelligent, somewhat clumsy, inactive deer. Most of the time you see mule deer grazing in pastures of wheat or rye or other grasses. While mule deer will eat fruits and vegetables, their diet consists mostly of grains and grasses, which is all that is required to sustain their lifestyle. Although their bodies are more adapted to digesting grains, many of the nutrients are not used since they are much less active and in general do not have to face the harsh winters as whitetail do. They do however digest and metabolise grains much better than cows and horses, therefore cows and horses will still have more nutrients. If the farmed mule deer are not very active and are eating many diverse grains, it may prove successful. If they are active and/or on a diet of one type of food, it probably won't work out so well.

Either way, it's best to go with horse poo or cow poo. Deer poo is much less likely to contain the necessary nutrients. There are many deer that live in the pines around my house and graze in my yard every day and night, and are always leaving their poo in my yard. I have seen different strains of mushrooms growing from the deer poo, however it is far less frequent than the hundred or so other strains that grow around my house, and when they do grow from deer poo they are always small and weak looking in comparison to other locations they grow in my yard and they are very short lived, usually dying and disappearing within 24 to 48 hours, while the others will last for several days to weeks, of the same strain.

To sum it up, go with the horse or cow poo, not the deer poo.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds