Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCrapula
explorer
Take a stand
    #1334206 - 02/25/03 11:09 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I encourage everyone here who cares about freedom of speech and expression to contact the ACLU regarding this matter. DEA redirecting seized websites raises serious privacy issues.

http://www.aclu.org/

Sample Letter by Ron Bennett

------

To whom it may concern-

As you may be aware, state and federal authorities recently conducted raids of various companies/individuals that sell "drug paraphernalia", such as pipes and related materials.

Reason for writing is to express my concerns about the comments by Mr. Ashcroft regarding the seizing of their websites and redirecting them to the DEA.

A frightening quote from the a Voice of America article: http://www.voanews.com/article.cfm?...D255885C43351A6

"Mr. Ashcroft says customers who want to visit some of their favorite drug paraphernalia websites are in for a big surprise in the days ahead. They will be automatically redirected to the website for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration."

In essence the DEA is going to usurp the freedom of speech and expression of the people who run those seized websites. This would be akin to the U.S. Dept of Justice redirecting your "aclupa.org" website to the "usdoj.gov" website.

And then there are the serious privacy issues involved if the DEA redirects the seized websites, since they'll be logging all visitors, obtaining their IP address and other information

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Take a stand [Re: Crapula]
    #1334795 - 02/25/03 02:23 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

DEA redirecting seized websites raises serious privacy issues.

when did the government start caring about privacy?

cant they can legally listen to your phone conversations, go through your trash, and enter your house, without any kind of warrant?

Anonymous

Re: Take a stand [Re: ]
    #1334851 - 02/25/03 02:37 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cant they can legally listen to your phone conversations, go through your trash, and enter your house, without any kind of warrant?

The return of lall... we've missed you on IRC. And you're wrong about all those :P

Offlineruskifile
droog

Loc: nowhere
Re: Take a stand [Re: Crapula]
    #1335247 - 02/25/03 04:27 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Christ

well I'm practically speechless over that little article...

Asscroft...you bastard

and here are a couple of evil-doers using said paraphenalia, plotting to overthrow civilisation as we know it

--------------------
(zhukov in a previous life....)

2SER FM underground radio

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Take a stand [Re: Anonymous]
    #1337083 - 02/26/03 08:57 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

he's not wrong....Trash is considered public domain, it's tossed out and forgotten about, in the eyes of the court it's perfectly ok for ANYBODY to dig through it, Search warrants are no longer required, start studying federal laws, you may find it in some of the less obvious places, federal judges are issuing these warants anyway with rubber stamp attitude, all in the name of 'homeland security'

Prisoner#1

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion