Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedelsloow
Stranger
Does this look okay? *pic*
    #1334036 - 02/25/03 10:27 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

1 week ago my mycobag became 100% colonized. So i turned the temp down to around 74 and have been giving it light for a few hours a day. However, i have started to notice these black dots appearing. At first i thought these might be pins (i've never grown before) but they don't seem to be growing any. The dots are black, definatly not brown. I attached a pic of my bag, sorry for the bad pic i can't use the flash because i just get a reflection off of the bag. You can see 4 of the larger dots in the pic, however there are smaller ones also that are close to each other. When i innoculated i made sure that everything was wiped down with alcohol. Also this is the equador strain. Does anyone know what's going on  :confused:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Does this look okay? *pic* [Re: delsloow]
    #1334081 - 02/25/03 10:41 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

that's horribly out of focus. if you want to use a flash, shoot the picture at an angle to the bag (not perpindicular to the bag).

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlinegrowmore
up it goes
 User Gallery
Loc: Cow field
Re: Does this look okay? *pic* [Re: Bilge]
    #1334127 - 02/25/03 10:52 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

is it blue or black it looks like it could be brused and those little brown looking things could be pins .

--------------------
check my journal for my trade list

You see what you want to see not what it makes you see. I see said the blind man to the deaf women .

Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

Re: Does this look okay? *pic* [Re: delsloow]
    #1334145 - 02/25/03 10:56 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

SWIM also used equadors in a mycobag. (I will talk as if I was SWIM for the rest of this post.) After the mycobag was 100% colonized, I started to see those black dots you described. I too thought they were pins, but then I realized they weren't. I'm not sure if what I did next was at all necessary, but I'll tell you about it anyway since I had good results: "I decided that it was contamination, and that the bag needed to be cut open, so I did that. Afterwards I attempted to remove the black dots and after that I put water and a liberal amount of H2O2 in a large bowl which was used to dunk the mycobag cake for 24 hrs in a fridge. I then put the mycobag cake into a terrarium with perlite and it proceeded to fruit just fine, no problems whatsoever." Like I said, I'm not sure if any of that was necessary. It may have even hurt my flush actually. I'll never know because I made my decision and I didn't have two mycobags with the exact same problem. My personal opinion is that it was completely unnecessary, but it did help my first flush because I dunked my cake for 24 hrs, replenishing its water.

Anyway I hope this helps you out. Good luck!

Edit -- Oh yeah, I forgot to add this in: In the end, I determined that the black dots were grains from the substrate that for some reason got pushed forward until they were visible.

--------------------
ha

Edited by shroominbloom (02/25/03 10:58 AM)

OfflineSyco
Trigger Man

Re: Does this look okay? *pic* [Re: shroominbloom]
    #1334236 - 02/25/03 11:20 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

A friend of a friend noticed this in his myco bag as well. Upon closer inspection he noticed it was only happening in areas that he handled the bag and decided it was bruising. It is more then likely bruising

--------------------
- I fart in thou general direction -

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation