Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Phish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Saw Phish last night
    #1333235 - 02/25/03 05:22 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

at the Meadlow Lands in E. Rutherford NJ, It was fucking incredible as always.

Just felt like sharing.
That's all.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGolgi
Smolgi.

Loc: Chi Town
Re: Saw Phish last night [Re: neuro]
    #1333307 - 02/25/03 06:04 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Lucky you....how was B.B. King apperence??

Looks like a great setlist too.

Chicago/Rosemont was good but I'm looking forward to Greensboro!!  :grin:

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Saw Phish last night [Re: Golgi]
    #1333316 - 02/25/03 06:09 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

B.B. King was a huge surprise. He is, as always, remarkable. Most of the first set was jamming with B.B King. For the life of me though i can't remember much of the first set. Like the stuff they played before B.B. came out, then after that i have a pretty idea of the second set. They ended with Chalk Dust Torture before their encore (which unfortunately i had to leave before if i ever wanted to get out of there at a reasonable time due to exams this morning). All in all, fucking awesome.

Offlinerosewoodpete
a grain of sandamongst thedunes

#1333327 - 02/25/03 06:13 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I have read some reviews that didn't speak to highly of the show. according to the moajority of people that went, the band looks really unrehearsed and is having trouble not repeating material. i'm not much of a phish fan anyways though. I just read that.

OfflineGolgi
Smolgi.

Re: Saw Phish last night [Re: rosewoodpete]
    #1333352 - 02/25/03 06:27 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'm an average phan and as much as it hurts, I have to agree with you RWPete. They sounded very "unrehearsed" when I saw them in Rosemont. The vocals are very off and they arn't really locking together on their jams. They were also missing cues and just overall not the same Phish from 2-3yrs ago....but thats expected. I just hope they pull it together soon. Hopefuly they will change my mind in Greensboro.

Offlinehighoman
Stranger

#1333385 - 02/25/03 06:37 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i was only able to catch the 2 cincy shows this go around. i took my ol lady. it was her first phish show and she only knew one song, and that was cause it was a cover (boogie on rw) and we had second row. she had a good time but i dont think she understood how luckey she was to have such good seats her first show. the first night was the fucking shit! ive seen the play better together and ive seen them screw up a lot worse. i wouldnt have thought into it to much if i havent heard people complaing about that a little. the setlist made the night. best one i seen since 2nd night deercreek last go around. so i hear that they are to good for bonnaroo and are doing their own festival. any truth to that?

--------------------
FREEDOM IS NORML

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Saw Phish last night [Re: rosewoodpete]
    #1333473 - 02/25/03 07:10 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

>> have read some reviews that didn't speak to highly of the show.

I'd have to say, you guy's are largely correct, not the same phish as of 2 -3 years ago, they're stage presence has diminished greatly, as well as their "tightness" jams feel not together and kinda almost rehearsed although as a whole the band seems unrehearsed... however It was still a good show in my opinion, not as good as they normally are, but I give them the benefit of the doubt..i still liked them. I don't think i'll ever attend a phish show that i don't like.

InvisiblePeachMan
Buster

Loc: Gotta Get Back to the Min...
Re: Saw Phish last night [Re: Golgi]
    #1333480 - 02/25/03 07:12 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

they missed some cues in chicago, but cincy was where it was at. a couple vocal flubs at the US Bank Arena, but musically they were pretty much on. Cincy shows that they are still capable of their old school prowess. can't wait for greensboro!

--------------------
Santa Claus ain't legal-- and he's around.

OfflineGolgi
Smolgi.

#1333678 - 02/25/03 08:33 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I don't think i'll ever attend a phish show that i don't like.

You're right neuro...It seems thier greatness has become a curse in some ways. I'm sure you know what I mean if you've seen the cover of Rolling Stone. But I still have hope that things will die down and that the guys won't be under soooo much pressure and they can once again just be Phish.

See you guys in Greensboro.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: Saw Phish last night [Re: highoman]
    #1333738 - 02/25/03 08:53 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Chicago was an off night and anyone who knows Phish knows that. Denver was a pretty tight show, I didn't notice any flubs, they harmozied well and jams actually went places.. not stuff you can fake. I know fans who've been around since the early 90's saying cinci was some of the best Phish they'd seen since 97' they thing is not playing for 2 years and with no rehearsing old material they are alittle rusty and inconsistent. I wouldn't focus on reviews to form your opinions of shows and don't listen to the new "phans" they are way to critical, everyone needs to stop being a critic. You should all go out and start trading bootlegs and get your self invovled with more people in this scene and hear for yourself. Please don't read phish reviews, even the phan ones.

To good for bonnaroo??? use your head who wants them there? how long you been around boy? they will bring thousands of ticketless fans who will have no problem insiting a riiot to get thru the gates. Phish is to big for bonnaroo there is to much hype behind them right now.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Phish

Community >> The Pub