Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re-elected in 2004?
    #1333178 - 02/25/03 04:54 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

what chance do you think Bush has at another 4 years? i'd say a pretty small one. even if this war works out pretty well, it's still gonna be damn bloody, and it's not going to solve anything. that combined with the patiot act, etc, our failing economy, and that fact that bush is just a moron. plus there's the ashcroft gestapo who nobody likes.... i think that every single democrat in the country is gonna get out and vote, and if the dems are smart enough to put up a very moderate democrat, i'll bet that there's a lot of republicans fed up with bush that would vote democrat this time too. i don't think he stands a chance. i hope not.

other than taxing and spending, and pushing for gun control, are the dems really that bad? are they really worse than bush?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
Re: Re-elected in 2004? [Re: ]
    #1333194 - 02/25/03 05:05 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

God, I hope so!

--------------------
I hope all bleeding hearts Die from bloodloss!!!!!

Anonymous

Re: Re-elected in 2004? [Re: fadedpinkwings]
    #1333222 - 02/25/03 05:17 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

you don't think that he's going to continue to scrap our civil liberties, shit upon the constitution, and drive america further down the road to fascism, away from the good american ideals of freedom and justice upon which our great nation was origionally founded? whew....

do you know about the patriot act? do you know about the domestic security enhancement act of 2003? do you KNOW who john ashcroft is?

do you KNOW what fascism looks like?

Edited by Anonymous (02/25/03 05:20 AM)

Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
    #1333230 - 02/25/03 05:20 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Nothing new. In times of crisis presidents have taken drastic measures before. It will all work out. Do you need a history lesson?

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1333245 - 02/25/03 05:27 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

It depends who the Democratic candidate is. I think it's impossible to make a realistic prediction at this stage.

Having said that, my gut feel is that he won't serve a second term.

pinky

--------------------

Anonymous

#1333246 - 02/25/03 05:27 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

drastic measures? the only time i recall when such "drastic measures" were taken which this remind me of was this was hitler's power grab after the riechstag fire. do not be so naive. in the past, such "drastic measures" had something to do with the actual war effort. these ones have nothing to do with combatting terrorism and everything to do with controlling us.

i need a lesson in history? please... if you think that what's going on right now bears any similarity to the "drastic measures" taken in the past by our government during times of war... then it is you who needs a history lesson.

also... if you believe these drastic measures are being taken because we are at war... when, i ask, will the war on terror end?

are you saying that you SUPPORT the PATRIOT ACT and it's follow-up the DOMESTIC SECURITY ENHANCEMENT ACT OF 2003? do not be so naive. NOTHING like this has ever happened before in america.

Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
    #1333254 - 02/25/03 05:32 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

nearly 3000 people were killed not to long ago by muslim extremists. We are at war. We were not directly threatened by hitler. so what the fuck are you talking about. I see you do need a history lesson.

--------------------

Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
    #1333256 - 02/25/03 05:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

also... if you believe these drastic measures are being taken because we are at war... when, i ask, will the war on terror end?

I cannot predict the future! Get real

--------------------

Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
    #1333261 - 02/25/03 05:38 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

i need a lesson in history? please... if you think that what's going on right now bears any similarity to the "drastic measures" taken in the past by our government during times of war... then it is you who needs a history lesso

You are right . there is no similarity. This is worse because 3000 people were killed here on our soil. (Post edited by Rono...PinkWings you are treading on thin ice)

--------------------

Edited by Rono (02/25/03 01:10 PM)

Anonymous

#1333267 - 02/25/03 05:42 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

will one of our more intelligent conservatives come in here and back me up here? haha... faded... i'm done with this thread. it's pointless to speak to anyone as close-minded you.

Edited by Anonymous (02/25/03 11:33 AM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1333269 - 02/25/03 05:44 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I hope that the candidates are Gepheart(sp)and Sharpton...pure Comedy

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (02/25/03 07:12 AM)

Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
    #1333272 - 02/25/03 05:45 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

can't stand it can you. I would be crushed if I thought any better of you.

By the way, just in case you break down and find you cannot help but come back to this thread one more time, You sound like a bitch!

--------------------

Edited by fadedpinkwings (02/25/03 05:50 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1334064 - 02/25/03 10:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

If he runs again, he will win.

If he doesn't, the Republican will win.

Fortunately this country is swinging right.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: Re-elected in 2004? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1334325 - 02/25/03 11:42 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Even though I would love NOT to see him in office, I believe its a sure thing he'll be in office in 2004. Hopefully whenever he makes a bloody mess with the economy, with our liberties, and if people finally wake the fuck up, Al Gore may take the position in 2008, but even I would like to see a better candidate than him triumph. But thats as long as Bush doesn't enact a new act that puts him in power for the rest of his life, "In the interest of National Security, and for the children..."

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #1335071 - 02/25/03 03:50 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

My guess is that he won't. Not because of Iraq and not because of scrapping civil liberties, but simply because of the economy. Practically every single reputable economist in the country has come out against his economic plan. Alan Greenspan has criticized it as well, even though he's a Republican and drew a lot of fire from Republicans for speaking out the way he did.

It's still to early to tell how things will look two years from now, but the fact of the matter is that life for most Americans has gotten much worse since Bush took office. Nothing really good has happened to the country in the last two years, and the list of misfortunes is quite impressive:

An unprecedented election crisis casting doubt on Bush's mandate and his legitimacy

A string of record-setting corporate bankruptcies and scandals

9/11, followed by anthrax scare

Assault on civil liberties

Double-dip recession

War with Iraq (and who knows how that will turn out?)

Crumbling alliances with other major powers

Continuing anxieties about terrorism

Columbia disaster

. . . etc.

It doesn't matter how much direct responsibility Bush may or may not carry for any of these events--the point is that people are going to associate this very dark time with the Bush presidency, and regardless of what they think of Bush they may very well believe that a change of government may be a step in the direction of returning to some kind of normalcy in this country.

No matter what, though, at the end of the day it's all about the economy.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion