Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
ATTN: DIY'ers Azure fruiting indoors plan
    #1332719 - 02/24/03 07:22 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Had a nice dream and thought that a cooler retrofitted with a liquid cooled kit (the kinds that go into pc's for super uber kiddies who like to have top hardware) one could use these kits to cool down a big cooler or rubbermaid to the desired temps to fruit azures or any other cold/wood loving species. check specs here and i'm sure some geniuses like 6T or someone could make something up super nice. :smile: maybe i just dreamup too dumb and crazy ideas. flames welcome please or at least some constructive critiscism.

http://store.epowerhousepc.com/cgi-bin/EPHstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=THT-A1604

there's one kit i found. and the cooling waterblock i'm sure could be expanded easily with a machine shop to cut you a bigger block of copper to fit over the other. but let me know guys.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineback_room_farmer
enthusiast
Loc: Bavaria, Germany
Re: ATTN: DIY'ers Azure fruiting indoors plan [Re: socratesmind]
    #1332814 - 02/24/03 08:35 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

As a friend of mine is thinking of doing azures indoors he thinks this is an exelent idea, he was going to use his fridge but then he told me about seeing this. He asked me to tell you cool idea!!

--------------------
are you talkin' to me? oh! you are! wassuuppppp!

OfflineASloan471
Stranger

Loc: SC
Re: ATTN: DIY'ers Azure fruiting indoors plan [Re: back_room_farmer]
    #1333765 - 02/25/03 07:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Post Deleted by Administrator

--------------------
???`?._.?????`?._.????Reality Is Just A Crutch For Those Who Cant Handle The Drugs????._.???`???._.???`?

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Re: ATTN: DIY'ers Azure fruiting indoors plan [Re: ASloan471]
    #1334252 - 02/25/03 09:24 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yea im thinking the copper cooling block could but inserted into a sliced up cooler or something kinda of gutted out and put in the middle to help cool the entire chamber.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

OfflineDEA OFFICER
Stranger

#1335670 - 02/25/03 04:24 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

hope you didn't order that yet, water cooling will NOT get you to temperatures below ambient. It can only get as low as room temperature. You might look into a peltier, a thermoelectric heat pump. Hook it up and one side gets very hot one side gets very cold. Just put a fan and heatsink on the hotside, and put the coldside inside your cooler.

At least thats how we do it in the Department of Homeland Security

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Re: ATTN: DIY'ers Azure fruiting indoors plan [Re: DEA OFFICER]
    #1337241 - 02/26/03 08:12 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for the observation the previous models i looked at for pc case cooling methods came with condensors though. although this model looks just like a water pump and a block :frown:. there are some out there that have the tubing + block + condensor which would be more applicable.

--------------------

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

#1337267 - 02/26/03 08:18 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

or for that matter use the same water cooled setup and run a portion of the hose through an old compressor or condensor and calibrate it to aroudn 50 or so degrees. should be able to find one at a junkyard or ebay for pretty cheap. i'm sure 6T may have some input since he seems pretty knowledgable on cars n such?

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1337492 - 02/26/03 09:42 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

man you guys, just buy one of those 3 foot high refidgerators, and a thermostat, its as simple as that, those fridges brand new are cheap as fuck, but i see them all the damn time at garage sales (number one place to find myco supplys) \

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinehsalf
bad O lover
Loc: not from around here
Re: ATTN: DIY'ers Azure fruiting indoors plan [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1337994 - 02/26/03 01:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

maybe they're probably trying to come up with a way to avoid the vaccum created by a fridge

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Re: ATTN: DIY'ers Azure fruiting indoors plan [Re: hsalf]
    #1338084 - 02/26/03 01:42 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

well goal would make it widely applicable to any type of chamber. rubbermaid, styrofoam cooler or what not just to cool it.

--------------------

Offlinehsalf
bad O lover
Loc: not from around here
    #1338241 - 02/26/03 02:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yep.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix