Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineherb_related
Stranger
I need help????
    #1332737 - 02/24/03 09:37 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I know this guy who has tried to grow some caps, he told me he used the pf/tek with minimal success.  He was able to get a few fruits but all were small and not worth the effort.  He came to me (the gifted, and yes humble individual that I am) asking for a good guide to use rye.  He also would like to case so I showed him the faq, but he would like to have some input as to how others have had some success.  Here is the info he gave me from previous attempts any helpful info would be appreciated.  His first grow was with pf cakes and 1/2 pint jars.  He innoculated about 40 jars and fruited about 20 due to contams.  The cakes were put on perlite and became to moist he believes causing early contams.  He didnt want to mess around with green stuff so threw them out as they happened.  Also he didnt have a pressure cooker, but now he does.  After reading a lot of posts and the FAQ and grow guides he has decided to use pint jars with grain this go round.  He has the grain, the polyfil, the jars, a fish heater, spores.  He also tried to use grain and millet before and got no growth.  If you have a grow log, or a technique to send his way please help him.  The more detail the better, he thinks he can follow directions but his other attempts have proven otherwise so anything will help, rye to water ratio, jar preparation, innoculation.  Thanks for help in advance.

Did I mention that he wants these fruits as they feed his magic mouse that talks to him in french and only eats magic food.  Right now that little bugger is bone thin :crazy: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: I need help???? [Re: herb_related]
    #1332753 - 02/24/03 09:46 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

if he got no growth on the rye at all, either he didn't follow instructions, his rye had preservatives, or he somehow got a bad print/syringe.
tell him to try a new print/syringe and try a different rye source. it's rather straight foreward so assuming he knows the basics, there really isn't a need for a tek.
as far as casing, there are tons of teks out there so try searching. they all work, try one or more, the rest is preference.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinesilowsibin
Seeker ofEnlightenment

Loc: canada
Re: I need help???? [Re: canid]
    #1332932 - 02/25/03 12:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Using the PC, why not just attempt a no brain BRF substrate cake ala. PF TEK. it's so simple that an 8 year old could do it. Really the only cause for contam concern would be related to sterilization issues arrising when the substrate mixture was sterilized.

also, make sure that he covered the holes properly (innoculation points) and that he aquired a sterile spore syringe. perhaps he should switch suppliers?

50/50 survival rate seems kinda low even for a newbie.
(based on faq's i've read)

tl;dr : try the BRF with the PC and expect better results.

--------------------
This post is entirely fictional. Everything stated here is false information, and is intended for entertainment purposes only.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: I need help???? [Re: silowsibin]
    #1332936 - 02/25/03 12:39 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

yes 50/50 is high, but everybody learns at a different rate. as long as your rates improve signifigantly after a few grows it's not a prob. if rates stay that low, you're doing something verry wrong.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation