Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJizzlesMcGee
Strangest
Liquid Cake innoculate
    #1332341 - 02/24/03 06:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

A super computer that my previous-but-comparatively-inadequate-supercomputer built was programmed to simulate growing situations and calculate the most efficient methods and here is what resulted...

In a blender add one completely colonized PF cake (preferably pre-ground), add increments of water (enough to create a thin soup when blended, add more when needed), and a tablespoon of soy milk (mammal milk will not do, the computer didn't say why), and a tablespoon of BRF [not necessary (and the soy milk is???)]
When the concoction is plenty blended take an empty syringe and fill it up. Inject a sterile PF jar with this liquid (give the jar a good squirt through four holes)
The super computer is still running a program to compare the growth rates of a regular PF jar to this method in identical conditions and so far this method is slightly ahead. I will post the results and update until simulated harvesting is complete.
remember to practice sterility!!

this is just fiction

Edited by JizzlesMcGee (02/25/03 03:28 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCurious_George
You want abaloon?

Loc: La La Land
Re: Liquid Cake innoculate [Re: JizzlesMcGee]
    #1332435 - 02/24/03 06:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

nice try.. but that was not a MOE grade tek!

sorry.  :confused:

cg

--------------------
************************************.>>>>>
Here Johny,, have a joint.. all your friends are doing it!!

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #1332736 - 02/24/03 09:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hm...

that means you have actually put a HELL of parameters inside that supercomputer of yours... would you like to share more of this project with us?

thanx :smile:

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

OfflineJizzlesMcGee
Strangest
Re: Liquid Cake innoculate [Re: Curious_George]
    #1333096 - 02/25/03 03:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I do not understand MOE. My computer is just experimenting if it happens across a previously mentioned technique then it apologizes.

Offlinemoorhsum
SEED MASTER

Loc: N America
    #1333653 - 02/25/03 08:22 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What he means is, MOE usually comes up with the wacky teks...
And this is NOT moe grade...
Then again, I've heard MOE can be found in his attic, in a delirious state, innoculating partially decomposed opossums with spore syringes full of air...(just kidding)...Moe is the maddest scientist. He comes up with great teks, like his latest:
Poo sock casing tek!
Definately one smart dude!

--------------------
We are the counter-culturaly elite...

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1333696 - 02/25/03 08:39 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I am of the opinion that this "tek" would hold no advantages over simply innoculating a pf cake with a mycelium/honeywater solution. your "tek" would outrun a simple spore syringe inoculation of a pf cake since your using mycelium as opposed to ungerminated spores. HW does this. adding the BRF to the slurry would hold no advantages over not addidng it IMO since the cake itself is BRF and it will no sooner metabolize the additional BRF. i am not aware of any advantages or disadvantages the soy milk might offer but supposing there are advantages why not just add the milk to the substrate of the cake? this seems like a really complicated and potentially unsterile equivalent of using mycelial honeywater for inoculation. it definitely breaks the KISS rule.

OfflineJizzlesMcGee
Strangest
Re: Liquid Cake innoculate [Re: debianlinux]
    #1352949 - 03/05/03 04:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

so despite the odds against it the simulated conditions report a quick onset of colonization of pf jar.  It's nice rizo growth and is further along than injected reg. PF jars (granted the liquid jars are looser).  I must say this is a complete success, except for the casing consisting of no substrate just liquid with rye grain.  But why not just use honey tech?  Accomplishes the same things (instant colinization and stuff) yet cleaner and you don't have to wait a month for a cake to colonize, plus it's cleaner.... all well.  I'll keep y'all updated :wink:

OfflineMoronacracy
Lurker #1
    #1353051 - 03/05/03 05:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Good job jizzles, keep experimenting for us!

AND this tek would provide some advantges for certain people over honeywater. For one, throwing a cake in a blender with water, and pulling that into a syringe would be much easier than creating a honeywater solution. (If you're lazy, that is.)
It's very similar to the honeywater, but you can just use a colonized cake instead of going through the trouble of making a honeywater.

Also, just think how many syringes you could make from one cake! You could probobly inject a helluva lot more solution into each new cake.

Please keep testing this a little Jizzle, I think it has a lot of potential. Although, I also don;t see the point of adding anythign but the cake and water, you just want to mycelium in to the syringes is all.

THanks dude!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation