Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIlovedanknugs
Stranger
First trip on acid alone and in dark? Any advice?
    #13322824 - 10/11/10 08:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys I'm new to this site and also new to pyscedelics. I've been smoking weed for a while, over 2 years but got arrested over the summer so now I gotta go through some drug classes with weekly drug tests, so I can't smoke. I've always wanted to try acid or shrooms and I figured now might be a good time since I can't smoke weed and supposedly they don't show up in piss tests. Also I have a friend who just bought a shitload and is selling it. My only problem is that I think I'm gonna had to do it alone and at night while my parents are asleep. Ever since I got arrested, my parents are always checking what I'm up to and they're always suspicious that I'm either high or drunk. So I don't think it would be a good idea to go out and do it with friends because I feel like the whole time I would be worrying about my parents catching me, and that would just make for a bad trip. So i plan on buying one hit and doing it on thursday night after my parents think I have gone to bed. That way I won't have to worry about them being suspicious of me. Do you think it would be a good idea to trip like that in the dark by myself for the first time. I think it's really the only good option I have. I hate to do it by myself cuz a few of my friends are just starting to get into acid and I would like to do it with them but I dnt think I would be able to just cuz of my parents constant suspicion. The only other way I could think of is to skip school one day and go to like a friends house and trip during the school day. I would just have to pick a day where my sister would be going on a fieldtrip so when the school calls my parents would assume it's cuz my sister was on a field trip. Idk about that plan though, it just seems really sketchy. So what do you guys think of doing after I go to bed by myself. Will I be freaked out in the dark or what? I think I'm gonna try and take a long nap during the day so Im not so tired during the trip. Cuz I've heard u cant fall asleep. Maybe also drink a cup of coffee to help not make me so tired. Also any other advice would be great, like what to do if I start to freak out a little. Thanks guys

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecatalyst
Mmhmmm...
Male

Loc: Here (or There)
Re: First trip on acid alone and in dark? Any advice? [Re: Ilovedanknugs]
    #13322917 - 10/11/10 08:48 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I am going to assume that this isn't a troll.

Can I ask what you expect to get out of the trip? Are you just wanting a "high" like with your weed or alcohol?

I ask because, LSD is most likely incomparable to anything that you have experienced thus far in your life (assuming you have never tripped and the stuff is actually strong LSD). This is a very potent substance! Not something to do just to "get high."

Also, being alone in the dark for your first trip is quite possibly the exact opposite of what you should be doing. I almost don't even know how to comment on it. Not to be rude, but I feel like you are unbelievably unprepared and greatly underestimate the power of this substance; it has an undeniable propensity to elicit a "change" of your perceptions, post-trip. I say you figure out why you want to do it, do more research on Erowid/Shroomery, think about what you want to bring/get out of the trip, and do it in nature during the day (please, do it with good friends, especially people who have tripped before!).

But who am I to talk...

--------------------
"Tears themselves interest me greatly -- but not the tears of melancholy hindsight and existential despair;
rather the tears of awe you experience when the realization of an ideal suddenly appears before your very eyes or thunders inside your mind;
these tears interest me." - Philip Hallie

OfflineIlovedanknugs
Stranger
Re: First trip on acid alone and in dark? Any advice? [Re: catalyst]
    #13323124 - 10/11/10 09:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It's not like I'm just trying to get high. I've always wanted to try acid just never had the opportunity to buy it. I know ppl describe it as a potential life changing experience. But my friend who tried it for the first time the other day said he was able to talk to his parents while on it. So idk. So are you recommending I skip school one day to go do it with some friends rather than by myself. I would much rather do it with a group of friends it's just the only problem is doing it without freaking out about my parents. Say we I did skip and we dropped tabs at like 7 am. How long would I be tripping. Would I be ok to talk to my parents by like 3 pm. And btw I appreciate your approach to my question. I know that acid is a very strong drug and i need ppl to tell me of I sound crazy. so please enlighten me with your advice. Thanks

OfflineJohnny Depp
 User Gallery
    #13323136 - 10/11/10 09:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Edited by Johnny Depp (12/19/14 03:26 AM)

OfflineBrians
Stranger
Re: First trip on acid alone and in dark? Any advice? [Re: Johnny Depp]
    #13323158 - 10/11/10 09:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Keep in mind it makes you trip for 8-12 hours.
I would not recommend skipping school as if the school calls your parents before school, they know you're not there, and if they catch you then, well you know...
I'd say buy some then keep it around until your parents are
away for a day or so
you're Aldo a dolt if you do it alone in the dark, while your parents are home. If you actually read up upon what trips are like, you won't just sit there on your bed. At least go outside or something if you're going to do it at night

video somewhat  related

just research more, like the other guy said; you don't seem at all prepared

Edited by Brians (10/11/10 09:41 PM)

Invisibledjchemist
NooB!

Loc: Center of the galaxy ridi...
Re: First trip on acid alone and in dark? Any advice? [Re: Brians]
    #13323270 - 10/11/10 09:42 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Brians said:
Keep in mind it makes you trip for 8-12 hours.
I would not recommend skipping school as if the school calls your parents before school, they know you're not there, and if they catch you then, well you know...
I'd say buy some then keep it around until your parents are
away for a day or so
you're Aldo a dolt if you do it alone in the dark, while your parents are home. If you actually read up upon what trips are like, you won't just sit there on your bed. At least go outside or something if you're going to do it at night

video extremely related

That's awesome! Yeah definitely something you want to avoid. Be educated on the substance you plan on taking. Don't be a fool because there is no way of sobering up when you are tripping. Be smart and know what you want to accomplish with this.

--------------------
"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."

OfflineIlovedanknugs
Stranger
    #13323275 - 10/11/10 09:43 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well the school doesnt call till like 6 or 7 at night so I wouldn't have to worry about that till the trip is pretty much over. When I would get home I would keep the phone by me so I could pick up if they call, and if I dont then it's no big deal. I could just tell my parents I skipped a class to go to the library to finish a project cuz we had a sub. Now 8-12 hours is a long ass time, and if the trip started at 8 am, then by 3 pm it would be 7 hours. At that point would I still be tripping real hard or would I be functionable enough to talk to my parents? Like at what point is the peak and what point do you start to comedown. If it's necessary then I could buy and extra 2 hours by telling my parents I'm staying after school to finish a project and not get home till 5.

OfflineBrians
Stranger
    #13323288 - 10/11/10 09:47 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ilovedanknugs said:
If it's necessary then I could buy and extra 2 hours by telling my parents I'm staying after school to finish a project and not get home till 5.

that is incredibly stupid. Why would you skip then say you have to stay after longer? When they call your parents they'll know you skipped AND lied.

Edited by Brians (10/11/10 09:51 PM)

Offlinecatalyst
Mmhmmm...
Male

Loc: Here (or There)
    #13323290 - 10/11/10 09:47 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ilovedanknugs said:
It's not like I'm just trying to get high. I've always wanted to try acid just never had the opportunity to buy it. I know ppl describe it as a potential life changing experience. But my friend who tried it for the first time the other day said he was able to talk to his parents while on it. So idk. So are you recommending I skip school one day to go do it with some friends rather than by myself. I would much rather do it with a group of friends it's just the only problem is doing it without freaking out about my parents. Say we I did skip and we dropped tabs at like 7 am. How long would I be tripping. Would I be ok to talk to my parents by like 3 pm. And btw I appreciate your approach to my question. I know that acid is a very strong drug and i need ppl to tell me of I sound crazy. so please enlighten me with your advice. Thanks

Why do you assume that a life-changing trip is contingent on the degree of inebriation/debilitation? I can tell you that my first LSD trip was undeniably "life-changing", but I was in no way caught in a stupor/inebriated to the point of being incapable of human interaction.

Why can't you do it on the weekend with your friends? Skipping school is not a good idea! If it is actually acid, expect to be tripping for quite a while. Mine lasted over 11 hours, but it varies depending on the person (obviously :laugh:). Not to be an absolute dick, but you seem so NOT ready for this, and immature considering the whole needing to hide from your parents situation.Perhaps I am just melodramatic, though...

--------------------
"Tears themselves interest me greatly -- but not the tears of melancholy hindsight and existential despair;
rather the tears of awe you experience when the realization of an ideal suddenly appears before your very eyes or thunders inside your mind;
these tears interest me." - Philip Hallie

Edited by catalyst (10/11/10 09:59 PM)

OfflineIlovedanknugs
Stranger
    #13323330 - 10/11/10 09:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Brians said:
Quote:

Ilovedanknugs said:
If it's necessary then I could buy and extra 2 hours by telling my parents I'm staying after school to finish a project and not get home till 5.

that is incredibly stupid. Why would you skip then say you have to stay after longer? When they call your parents they'll know you skipped AND lied. How old are you?

the school just leaves a recording saying one of your students was reported absent in one or more of your classes. Please disregard this message if they were on a field trip or were out sick blah blah blah. Last time they got that recording my parents just asked did you skip any classes today. It didn't seem like a big deal. I just tell them I had a skipped one class cuz I had a sub and I went to the library to work on something. I'm pretty sure they would believe me if i told them I was staying after for a project. I'm 17 btw

Offlinesurferdude66066
Stranger
 User Gallery

#13323361 - 10/11/10 10:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ilovedanknugs said:
I'm 17 btw

:facepalm:

OfflineBrians
Stranger
    #13323429 - 10/11/10 10:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ggggggggg

Edited by Brians (10/12/10 04:32 AM)

Offlinecandyflip420
Original Gangster
Male

#13323468 - 10/11/10 10:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Go for it . Ive tripped on 6 of the strongest stamps in my room at night . Was the best and most intense trip I had ! Just keep alot of water with you , and a glow stick ! :laugh:

Or

Buy some keep it in a safe and dark place and wait for the right time !

--------------------

Offlinesurferdude66066
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First trip on acid alone and in dark? Any advice? [Re: candyflip420]
    #13323481 - 10/11/10 10:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I would wig out in a situation like that...I would get bored...then figety...then my mind would race...then I would just start spiraling into a bad trip. Tripping when you have to be quiet or worry about someone randomly popping in or something is not only a bad idea, but a waste of good acid with could be used on a much better occasion. Just my opinion. It's your life and acid though, do what you want.

Invisibleblazenn
rawdog the whale.
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: First trip on acid alone and in dark? Any advice? [Re: surferdude66066]
    #13323674 - 10/11/10 11:19 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

surferdude66066 said:
Quote:

Ilovedanknugs said:
I'm 17 btw

ugh. i hope OP reads this before gettin banned

i highly reccomend against tripping over night by yourself in the dark. the WORST way to spend a trip is with restrictions, especially if you're so restricted that if you were to decide to go roaming around chances are you'll get in alot of trouble.

if you aren't able to spend atleast 8-10 hours without worrying about school, work, or parents then maybe you shouldn't be trying to take acid at this point in your life.

i was in your situation when i was 16-17 and ate mushrooms alone in my room after my mom had went to bed, and she wasn't even as strict as your parents sound. i ended up enjoying most of the trip but i spent a long time worrying about all the things that could go wrong resulting in my mom waking up and finding me tripping on mushrooms. she never found out, and later in life i found out she doesn't even mind me taking mushies, but it's not a good idea to spend your trip like that.

when im tripping, especially on acid, i usually get an urge to go outside.
ride a bike, walk around, skate, anything active or at the very least just being able to go outside and admire nature's natural beauty are the most enjoyable ways to trip, for me.

when you take psychedelics they give you an enormous sense of freedom and the most enjoyable way to spend these experiences is some where that you can actually be completely free.

Invisibledrr
Female
    #13323933 - 10/12/10 12:48 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ilovedanknugs said:
Hey guys I'm new to this site and also new to pyscedelics. I've been smoking weed for a while, over 2 years but got arrested over the summer so now I gotta go through some drug classes with weekly drug tests, so I can't smoke. I've always wanted to try acid or shrooms and I figured now might be a good time since I can't smoke weed and supposedly they don't show up in piss tests. Also I have a friend who just bought a shitload and is selling it. My only problem is that I think I'm gonna had to do it alone and at night while my parents are asleep. Ever since I got arrested, my parents are always checking what I'm up to and they're always suspicious that I'm either high or drunk. So I don't think it would be a good idea to go out and do it with friends because I feel like the whole time I would be worrying about my parents catching me, and that would just make for a bad trip. So i plan on buying one hit and doing it on thursday night after my parents think I have gone to bed. That way I won't have to worry about them being suspicious of me. Do you think it would be a good idea to trip like that in the dark by myself for the first time. I think it's really the only good option I have. I hate to do it by myself cuz a few of my friends are just starting to get into acid and I would like to do it with them but I dnt think I would be able to just cuz of my parents constant suspicion. The only other way I could think of is to skip school one day and go to like a friends house and trip during the school day. I would just have to pick a day where my sister would be going on a fieldtrip so when the school calls my parents would assume it's cuz my sister was on a field trip. Idk about that plan though, it just seems really sketchy. So what do you guys think of doing after I go to bed by myself. Will I be freaked out in the dark or what? I think I'm gonna try and take a long nap during the day so Im not so tired during the trip. Cuz I've heard u cant fall asleep. Maybe also drink a cup of coffee to help not make me so tired. Also any other advice would be great, like what to do if I start to freak out a little. Thanks guys

I'd rather be with friends than hiding, pretending to sleep, under my parents' noses! Believe me, that will be much worse. Having friends around and being outside, able to move around, get loud and rowdy, those are great things.

You won't need any coffee to stay awake on LSD. In fact I recommend you do not do that. LSD is PLENTY stimulating, believe me.

You should find a better place to do it.

OfflineMetalMachineMusic
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Darlington
Re: First trip on acid alone and in dark? Any advice? [Re: drr]
    #13324487 - 10/12/10 06:45 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Why just not be a little bit mental and far out and just have the coffee by itself with out the acid ?

Invisibledjchemist
NooB!

Loc: Center of the galaxy ridi...
Re: First trip on acid alone and in dark? Any advice? [Re: MetalMachineMusic]
    #13324814 - 10/12/10 09:13 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MetalMachineMusic said:
Why just not be a little bit mental and far out and just have the coffee by itself with out the acid ?

GOOD MORNING SHROOMery! Coffee is the way to go!:thumbup:
Don't do it kid. You will have a lot of negativity on your mind if you skip class and do acid. You will start feeling guilty and thats no good. Take the advice given and be mature about this situation. It's much "cooler" to skip and smoke weed! :thumbup:

--------------------
"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."

Edited by djchemist (10/12/10 09:16 AM)

Offlinefreeskierpj
Just trying to learn some shit
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Up, up and away. Flag
Re: First trip on acid alone and in dark? Any advice? [Re: blazenn]
    #13324846 - 10/12/10 09:24 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

blazenn said:
Quote:

surferdude66066 said:
Quote:

Ilovedanknugs said:
I'm 17 btw

ugh. i hope OP reads this before gettin banned

i highly reccomend against tripping over night by yourself in the dark. the WORST way to spend a trip is with restrictions, especially if you're so restricted that if you were to decide to go roaming around chances are you'll get in alot of trouble.

if you aren't able to spend atleast 8-10 hours without worrying about school, work, or parents then maybe you shouldn't be trying to take acid at this point in your life.

i was in your situation when i was 16-17 and ate mushrooms alone in my room after my mom had went to bed, and she wasn't even as strict as your parents sound. i ended up enjoying most of the trip but i spent a long time worrying about all the things that could go wrong resulting in my mom waking up and finding me tripping on mushrooms. she never found out, and later in life i found out she doesn't even mind me taking mushies, but it's not a good idea to spend your trip like that.

when im tripping, especially on acid, i usually get an urge to go outside.
ride a bike, walk around, skate, anything active or at the very least just being able to go outside and admire nature's natural beauty are the most enjoyable ways to trip, for me.

when you take psychedelics they give you an enormous sense of freedom and the most enjoyable way to spend these experiences is some where that you can actually be completely free.

That last paragraph is ohhh so true. I love taking a car ride (with a sober friend driving of course :smile: ) and ending up in a beautiful spot for sunrise. I put together a good playlist and will generally dose an hour before sunset, chill and watch the sunset somewhere then go for a ride through the night to a different state generally and find a beautiful spot to watch the sunrise. You get to see the world going to sleep and waking up under these circumstances and it is simply breathtaking to be a silent observer and watch from a completely different point of view as this all happens.

--------------------

-ProfessorPinHead
:amanita2::pinkshroom::supershroom::pinkshroom::amanita2:
My Mycological Excursions
Anything posted on these forums is strictly for fun and completely fictional.

OfflineNicoCL
Stranger

Re: First trip on acid alone and in dark? Any advice? [Re: freeskierpj]
    #13325674 - 10/12/10 12:42 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

If I were you I would save the tabs for another time, I don't see the point on being worried all the time trying not to get caught by your parents when discovering a mental state that you didn't suspect existed, you should definetly consider the trip could not be what you expect (because you can't know what is going to be like before you do it) and in a scenario like that it would be a terrible experience.

Sincerely, I think skipping school just to see "what LSD is like" is at least irresponsible with yourself.

Tripping alone in darkness is not a bad idea, but again, is probably a bad scenario considering that you would start tripping at night and the experience last for 8-12 hours.

Be responsible and save it for a day in the woods with your friends when you don't have to worry about anything, if it takes months to get in that scenario it will be worth it.

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: First trip on acid alone and in dark? Any advice? [Re: NicoCL]
    #13326461 - 10/12/10 03:48 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah dude, don't do it where you have to hide from you're parents. You might be fine and have a good trip, or you could have a great trip until you get caught, or you could wig the fuck out and wake your parents up because you started yelling some crazy shit in the middle of the night.

Just wait until you can be REALLY alone or with friends.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract