Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

singing while tripping?
    #811246 - 08/11/02 03:32 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I know it sounds a little odd, but yeah....does anyone like to sing when they are tripping?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadDhAdDeR420
enthusiast
Loc: Arizona
Re: singing while tripping? [Re: Brukan]
    #811539 - 08/11/02 05:47 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

when i'm by my sell i dance to lol like i'm some type of head hunter or somthing lol

--------------------
Live life to the fullest.

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #811733 - 08/11/02 08:07 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I havnt tried, but its hard to have a even conversation with someone, cause I keep thinking (or its actuially happening?) my tone keeps going up and down at the wrong times, and I emphisisze the wrong words.

"So do ~you~ THINK that we should ~go~ for a **WALK**!?!?!"

I think if I tried singing it would come out the same way.

Anonymous

#811735 - 08/11/02 08:10 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I wail on my harmonica.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #811881 - 08/11/02 10:43 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

It's hard to sing when you're awe struck by the music and it's kicking your ass

Anonymous

#813029 - 08/12/02 12:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

last time i tripped i was floating on an inner tube down a river with friends-i sang my heart out, it felt great.

OfflineLeya
Mischief Maker

Re: singing while tripping? [Re: ]
    #813938 - 08/12/02 10:26 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

lalallalaalalallaa

i sing at the best of times, why stop when you're tripping!! only problem i have is that i forget the words way too often and then spend the next hour or two trying to remember the next verse to the song.. hrmm

--------------------
Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#816390 - 08/13/02 10:18 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

This is going to sound stupid!

I tripped with a group once in which 2 people got into really heavy territory & got very tense. It was almost contagious & we all got nervous.

Then the guy watching over us whipped out the guitar and started singing "kumbaya". We all joined in and sang that sickly sweet song for over an hour. Nobody puked, but instead we got this great feeling of really connecting with eachother!

Now normally I steer clear of "Kumbaya" but take it from the Witch: it was Magical!
Easy lyrics too and remarkably effective. It opened my eyes: Normally guiding people trough takes alot of talking & fast thinking, but this singalong got all of us almost into a bliss state!

Singing during a Trip I can really recommend, done it several times but never again "Kumbaya". Pick easy lyrics, relaxed tunes & don't be surprised when your voice of that of others sounds either completely awful or like the most beautiful singing you've ever heard. But: if it ain't fun, don't do it!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

Re: singing while tripping? [Re: Asante]
    #816529 - 08/14/02 01:20 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah Wiccan_Seeker, I've heard from listening to T. McKenna that singing while in some rough territory can "guide" you to more pleasant shores. I understand that T. McKenna would sing during some intensely scary N,N-DMT voyages...

I have tried to sing during my 10x Salvia sessions, and it was absolutely amazing! When I sing I have this overwhelming feeling that I am not alone in the room. That there is someone listening to my song? I know, sounds odd. Singing while under Lady Salvias influence calms my voyage and makes it more earthbound and less abstract.....sometimes

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#825058 - 08/18/02 06:52 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Salvia 10x really KICKS ASS!!!

For me there's no time to sing cause it's like 3-5minutes of closed-eye experience & then I'm very much back...

I get alot of Entities and Presences on Salvia, I know that if I would embark on Salvia RITE NOW I'd be in Dialogue on the first or second time!
If somebody questions that there's more between heaven & earth but a Shroomtrip feels like too big a leap, he/she should absolutely read up on the matter and then embark on a small toke of Salvia 10x or similar!
(remember: it's extremely easy to overdo: never more than 1/25gr of Salvia 10x on your first try and even then there are no guarantees)

Salvia is SUPER, but Shrooms really are my favorite Major Psychedelic.
Kumbaya, anyone?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineQualophile
Shpongoloid
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #13322323 - 10/11/10 06:32 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I sing in a band, and can tell you: singing while tripping on mushrooms kicks ass. I've tried it several different times by myself (actually, I sing almost every time), a couple of times in rehearsals and even in the studio once.

The studio-session was actually last weekend. Came up with some weird ass vocals, it's somehow easier to come up with new kinds of techniques while tripping. Best session so far. I asked for the mushroom to take it easy on me and just guide my voice, if possible. The plead worked perfectly; I handled the trip well and even my pupils were normal. Vocals were something else entirely. I might link the songs here later on, once the mixing-dude is done with 'em.

--------------------
Time is attending somewhere else.

"All experience is a drug experience. We're all on drugs, all the time. That's largely because we're MADE of drugs."
-Dennis McKenna

OfflineKevin_X2
Clyde Frog
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: singing while tripping? [Re: Sheepish]
    #13322352 - 10/11/10 06:39 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Sheepish said:
It's hard to sing when you're awe struck by the music and it's kicking your ass 

Lol. I can relate

--------------------
"the path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility, not LSD and sideburns"

:paperairplane:  :shroomeryhead:

Edited by Kevin_X2 (10/11/10 06:39 PM)

Invisibleifoundwaldo

Loc: Denver, CO Flag
Re: singing while tripping? [Re: Kevin_X2]
    #13322375 - 10/11/10 06:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

LOVE singing on psychedelics.

I would agree with Wiccan_Seeker that you should keep the songs easy though.

My buddy (who wasn't tripping, just driving us around) starts into Uncle John's Band, and we only made it a few lines in before we were humming. LOL.

Offlinehalo
Tripper
Male

Re: singing while tripping? [Re: Qualophile]
    #13322410 - 10/11/10 06:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I love singing while I'm tripping even if I'm by myself. I feel it raises my energy levels and allows for a totally different type of self expression.

It's a really awesome experience everyone should try it.

--------------------
All drugs should be legal

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

#13322413 - 10/11/10 06:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I love singing while tripping. Of course this is dose dependant and is best for me around 2-3 grams. Sometimes I can't even form words on 7+ gram trips so singing might be hard unless i'm just running vocal scales/making weird noises.

Anyways, I find psychedelics make my delivery very passionate and I have a great time doing it.

Also...

Quote:

Brukan said:
I know it sounds a little odd, but yeah....does anyone like to sing when they are tripping? 

Why does it sound odd? To me it seems odd to not be able to let yourself go and have a bit of fun- especially on psychedelics.

Offlinedanvb329

Loc: United States
    #13322675 - 10/11/10 07:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

This experience had me so traumatized (in a good way), that I can't remember the specifics of what was said and sung. I can't even describe this

Me and a couple friends all took 2g's

At some point we went to meet some kid to buy weed, in the middle of a dark field and he brought like six kids. They give me the bag and start smoking a blunt. We're chilling. My friends were saying things that were sooo bizzare because they were tripping. It was incredibly... "creative" and awe inspiring that we could come up with these things. But we didn't tell them we were tripping. They smoked us up a lot so I rolled a blunt then they rolled a blunt. As they talked to us, they naturally became equally as insane as we were. It started off as crazy conversations. It's like... you say something and you never ever realize how long the conversation actually going to get. All I can say is that the utter confusion between us all created six hours of the most beautiful music I've heard in years if it was recorded. It was very emotional. I don't know when or how it changed to music but this one kid thought he was somewhere else and was talking about the crazy shit he was seeing but he wasn't tripping. Maybe it was part of the "song". The real core of it came from how we all sang words off the top of our heads several people at a time and it had so much substance and like it was pre-written and progressed for hours. This one kid never rapped before in his life but was going full speed about really interesting shit that easily could have gotten popular if it was recorded. He'd go on for like ten minutes. He did this about four times. I don't remember anything but I know I was a big part of it and it reminds me of the hypnotist show I saw. We couldn't have done it if it weren't for 100% relaxation. It was also full of beautiful visuals and I felt like I was candyflipping. Girls doing harmonic vocals, we had one guy beatboxing and lots of musical noises but thats just side stuff.

--------------------
risperdone, lsdxlsd, clonazepam, olanzapine, prolixin, haldol, diazepam, percocet habbit for 3 years, cannabis dependancy, tobacco, mushroom habbit, benztropine

Edited by danvb329 (10/11/10 08:37 PM)

Offlinedanvb329

Loc: United States
Re: singing while tripping? [Re: danvb329]
    #13463088 - 11/10/10 09:31 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The memories or apparent unfolding of events were non sequitur (trippy, like you smoke a blunt and you feel like since 10 minutes ago it's a very new day or something, your reference is different), and I could see our words were reflective of that like they had nothing to do with what was said, but they interpreted everything that was said in such unexpected ways that I could mentally-masterbate over.

Also the age's were very mixed from 14-20 only adding to the idiosyncrasy, also reminding me of a lot of the same stuff I went through in my past.

It's somehow comparable to how in Family Guy the cavemen randomly sing "for the longest time" on the spot

--------------------
risperdone, lsdxlsd, clonazepam, olanzapine, prolixin, haldol, diazepam, percocet habbit for 3 years, cannabis dependancy, tobacco, mushroom habbit, benztropine

InvisiblePsilocypher
Explorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: singing while tripping? [Re: Qualophile]
    #13464289 - 11/10/10 04:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Qualophile said:
I sing in a band, and can tell you: singing while tripping on mushrooms kicks ass. I've tried it several different times by myself (actually, I sing almost every time), a couple of times in rehearsals and even in the studio once.

The studio-session was actually last weekend. Came up with some weird ass vocals, it's somehow easier to come up with new kinds of techniques while tripping. Best session so far. I asked for the mushroom to take it easy on me and just guide my voice, if possible. The plead worked perfectly; I handled the trip well and even my pupils were normal. Vocals were something else entirely. I might link the songs here later on, once the mixing-dude is done with 'em.

PLEASE POST THESE SONGS. I know what you mean about coming up with new stuff. I play guitar and record from home, and every time I trip (always alone) I find it easy to come up with new melodies and rhythms - simpler, but more effective ones. I'd love to hear what you've recorded if you don't mind.

--------------------

InvisibleFleshCap
FleshCap
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali Underground Flag
    #13464483 - 11/10/10 04:41 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

While in Peru the curandero would sing to us during our ayahuasca journeys. He also encouraged us to sing along because it gave us strength to cope with the difficult moments of the trip.

I find that dancing also serves much the same purpose.

--------------------

OfflineBojangles
( . Y . )
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW Flag
Re: singing while tripping? [Re: FleshCap]
    #13465345 - 11/10/10 07:34 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

music is a vary powerful thing and i have found that while tripping or even doing things like e at some point there will be lots of rugs being cut while singing to everything :crazy2: on my first trip i was alone and i went through my whole music past starting from now till i can remember. going through all the different bands i enjoy it was pure bliss. think of way back when the natives roamed this land they where always having those crazy dances and we all know that certain substances where being consumed  :biggrin:

--------------------
:mushroom2: :rockon: :mushroom2: everything i say is bullshit... :omgz:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract