Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJizzlesMcGee
Strangest
need for concern?
    #1332063 - 02/24/03 04:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I woke up one morning to find this message written backwards on my face in permanent marker, asshole!!

I started a casing 5 days ago using jiffy mix.  The cake was blended using a coffee grinder.  The casing goes as follows, bottom up. perlite, jiffy mix, considerable layer of ground mycelium, small casing layer.  A small layer of jiffy mix I put on top.  There's a layer of damp perlite at the bottom of the terrarium.  The temperature in the terrarium was ideal for colinization and the casing sat there covered for a couple days in the terrarium at about 86 degs.  Before too long the mycelium grew and has started to peek through the top casing layer.  I first thought to expose it to florescent light and did so, but this proved to be a bad idea.  The heat generated evaporated the humidity condensed on the walls and also prevented the temperature from dropping the necessary 10 degrees to simulate natural fruiting conditions.  And to drop the temp I must remove the lid slightly to let heat escape but now it seems the humidity is escaping too!!!  It's been two days at 72 degrees with about six hours of light per day and the mycelium seems to still be growing into the top layer.  Can someone please tell me something I can do to prevent overlay.  Must humidity temp and light all be regulated at once  to stop the mycelial growth? :confused: I love everyone. :crazy: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRedeyedElf
enthusiast
Re: need for concern? [Re: JizzlesMcGee]
    #1332127 - 02/24/03 04:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The Myc will continue to grow acouple of days after you uncover...Try uncovering the container and putting the light over it for about 10-15 minutes, then recovering completly. Mushy's don't need much light at all, just enough to point them in the right direction to grow. Works for the people on TV;)

--------------------
When the walls quit melting, I'll think of a sig

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: need for concern? [Re: JizzlesMcGee]
    #1332166 - 02/24/03 05:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

my main concern would be the !!elohssa tattoo on my forehead . :grin:
next, 1 or 2 hrs. of light is plenty . if you can give it normal room light, then ditch the florescent .
give your babies normal room temp, 95% rh , and lots of fanning . :smirk:
don't worry about overlay with sos tek . 
edit: after pinning starts, rh should be droped to 80% .

Edited by deanofmean (02/24/03 05:10 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation