Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Keef: I carried gun to score heroin
    #13313859 - 10/09/10 06:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Keef: I carried gun to score heroin
October 10, 2010 - newsoftheworld.co.uk

HELL-RAISING Rolling Stone Keith Richards has revealed that he carried guns for protection when he went to buy drugs at the height of his addiction.

The ageing rocker started packing a German Luger before moving on to rifles because they had a "longer range", saving him having to run after dealers who robbed him.

But his favourite "piece" was a Smith and Wesson which has no safety catch.

And even today the reformed Street Fighting Man admits to always carrying a four-inch knife tucked in his belt to deal with muggers.

"You make a cut across the forehead - doesn't hurt," he says in an interview to publicise his explosive new autobiography. "All the blood comes down, and then you kick the f****r in the balls. It's a very efficient way of dealing with problems."

Keith, 66, also tells of his drug-fuelled road trip across England with John Lennon, reveals how he tried and failed to talk junkie Pete Doherty out of his addiction and admits that he DID snort his father's ashes.

The guitarist - who quit drugs after falling out of a coconut tree four years ago - says he took no chances when buying heroin on US streets where everyone has the right to carry a gun. "The first one I bought was a Luger I picked up in the East Village in New York City," he says.

"After that I went into rifles for a bit just because they go further.

"I've carried a piece or two now and again - most of that was to do with the heroin business and being involved in, like, scoring. Especially in America, it bodes you well to be armed.

"A .38 Smith and Wesson Airweight revolver - that is the f****** gun. No safety on it."

Now he's calmed down a bit, Keith has settled for a ratchet knife tucked into the waistband of his trousers.

"I've always carried one," he says. "I learned how to use it in Jamaica."

Keith has spent three years writing his memoirs, called Life, after signing a £3.6million deal. They will be published at the end of the month.

The Stone recalls a huge secret bender with late Beatle John Lennon. "Me and John went on a three-day road trip across England," he says.

"What happened neither John nor I could ever remember. We must have been on something exceptional. There was one young lady with us at least, and a chauffeur because we were in no driving condition. And we were just playing sounds.

"We were in my Bentley. I said, 'I'm not going on a trip with you in that goddam psychedelic Rolls Royce. Let's go more discreetly in my little blue Bentley'."

Richards admits being so off his head on pure cocaine that he once fell asleep on stage during a Stones concert. "I used to like pure, pure cocaine - a very smooth thing and nothing to do with the street s*** other people take," Keith, told upmarket fashion mag AnOtherMan.

"I fell asleep on stage in the middle of playing Fool To Cry. It is a very boring song and I was pretty out of it. I was on one of those volume pedals and I just stayed on it - but it got so loud that I had to wake up."

Keith has been off cocaine after suffering a blood clot in his brain during his tree fall in Fiji four years ago.

But it was only one of many freak accidents he says he has suffered. In 1998 he broke three ribs and punctured a lung after falling off a ladder reaching for a book in his library.

"It was a Leonardo Da Vinci book on anatomy and it hit me and knocked me off the ladder," he says. "I found out all about anatomy from that without even opening a page."

Learning from his own drug-addled life, Keith says he has even tried to talk to Libertines rocker Pete Doherty about curbing his drug use.

"Amy Winehouse and Pete take drugs for the same reasons we did," he says. "All I'd say is take your drugs in your spare time, if that's what you want to do, but don't mix it up.

"I've had a word with Pete about this but it don't make any difference. If you mix it up you're just gonna fall like a million others. I've seen too many friends gone that way."

Also gone is his father Bert's ashes - but not all of them up the rocker's nose. Keith was quoted in 2007 saying he had snorted them, then later denied it.

But in a final word on the notorious incident he admits: "I opened my dad's ashes, and some of them blew out over the table. I looked at them and what do I do? Do I desecrate them with a dustbin and broom?

"So I wet me finger and I shoved a bit of me dad up me f****** 'ooter. I'm sure he's still blessing me. The rest I put round an oak tree."

Keith also has a dig at Stones frontman Mick Jagger - blasting his solo efforts away from the band. He says: "Mick did his best and flapped about like a chicken, but his stuff disconnects when he goes off by himself."

Insiders say Keith was asked to tone down the book after an early draft was too close to the bone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: Keef: I carried gun to score heroin [Re: veggie]
    #13314108 - 10/09/10 08:17 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

lol
makes me think of the guy from waynes world that they hire to run waynestock.

--------------------

Edited by 2859558484 (10/09/10 08:18 PM)

Offlineauronlives69
psychedelic monk
Male User Gallery

#13314159 - 10/09/10 08:37 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

what the hell is a f****** 'ooter

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: Keef: I carried gun to score heroin [Re: auronlives69]
    #13314164 - 10/09/10 08:39 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

his fucking tooter noob

--------------------

Offlineaj123
smot poking
Male

Loc: Easter island Flag
Re: Keef: I carried gun to score heroin [Re: 2859558484]
    #13314233 - 10/09/10 09:04 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

No, his fucking hooter fool :tongue:

--------------------

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Keef: I carried gun to score heroin [Re: aj123]
    #13314244 - 10/09/10 09:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

From what I understand about cremation, and correct me if I'm wrong, but "ashes" aren't really little dust particles as the term implies.  The are very tiny bits of bone fragments from the cremation process, but certainly not fine enough to be considered dust-like as the term ashes implies.  I heard this from someone that used to help run a crematorium so I'd assume the info is legit but who knows.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #13314409 - 10/09/10 09:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Gee, what a bad ass.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflinePeterGriffin467
Dirt Grub
Male

Loc: six feet under
Re: Keef: I carried gun to score heroin [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13314602 - 10/09/10 10:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Gee, what a dumbass.

--------------------
"I just need to check inside ya asshole SIR.... Asshole clear!"

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Keef: I carried gun to score heroin [Re: PeterGriffin467]
    #13316210 - 10/10/10 12:49 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

he's been mugged>?

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
    #13316915 - 10/10/10 03:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Keef said:
"A .38 Smith and Wesson Airweight revolver - that is the f****** gun. No safety on it."

I carry that exact gun for the same reason! :thumbup:

InvisibleveggieM

#13334635 - 10/14/10 06:29 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

More from his autobiography, Life ...

Keith Richards says he survived by taking 'high quality drugs'
October 14, 2010 - DNA

Keith Richards has revealed the secret to his longevity - he treated his body like a 'temple' and only took 'high quality drugs'.

In exclusive excerpts from his memoir Life - which are published in Rolling Stone magazine - the rocker explains how he survived a drug-fuelled past.

Richards, 66, who is notorious for his former heroin addiction, says: 'When I was taking dope, I was fully convinced that my body is my temple.

'I can do anything I want with it and nobody can tell me yea or nay.'

Richards had a decade-long love affair with heroin until 1979 and he was also a heavy cocaine user.

But he explains in his memoir why he thinks he survived while many of his rock and roll peers overdosed and died at an early age.

He writes: 'It's not only the high quality of drugs I had that I attribute my survival to. I was very meticulous about how much I took.

'I'd never put more in to get a little higher.'

The rocker also comments on the legend that surrounds him.

Richards, who has frequently been listed by music magazines as one of the top ten rock stars most likely to die, says: 'I think in a way your persona, your image, as it used to be known, is like a ball and chain.

'People think I'm still a goddamn junkie. It's 30 years since I gave up the dope!'

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #13334754 - 10/14/10 07:31 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Keith Richards has revealed the secret to his longevity - he treated his body like a 'temple' and only took 'high quality drugs'.

:lol: I don't think that was the original intent behind treating the body like a temple, but I admire his enthusiasm in scoring only the best!

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisibleveggieM

#13348558 - 10/17/10 02:01 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

One more to add. Keef is a madman :yesnod: ...

Keith Richards wants to test drugs
October 17, 2010 - earthtimes.org

Although Rolling Stones rocker Keith Richards has quit drugs he would test a new substance if it became available.

Keith Richards wants to "road-test" any new drugs that are invented.

The Rolling Stones rocker - who admits to have using numerous illegal substances over the years, including heroin and cocaine - doesn't take drugs anymore, but he would if something new came on the market.

He said: "I have given up everything now - which is a trip in itself.

"I'm just waiting for them to invent something more interesting, ha ha. I'm all ready to road-test it, when they do."

Keith gave up heroin in 1978, and was forced to quit cocaine in 2006 after accidentally falling from a coconut tree and undergoing brain surgery.

He said: "That was cocaine I had to give up for that. You are like, 'I have got the message, oh Lord.'"

Because of his wild past, the 66-year-old musician is convinced he will be going to hell when he dies.

He told The Times newspaper: "Well I'm not putting death on the agenda. I don't want to see my old friend Lucifer just yet. He's the guy I'm gonna see, isn't it? I'm not going to the Other Place, let's face it."

Keith is also proud of the amount of time he has spent on the Most Likely To Die list over the years.

He said: "I used to read it, check I was still on there. I was on it longer than anyone else. Badge of honor!"

The rocker also admits his drug habit was so extreme, he had a custom made hat to hide his supplies, and a side-panel in his car filled with illegal substances.

He added: "There was a flap at the side in which I'd stowed hash, Tuinals and coke.

"I'd spent hours packing the side-panel of the car with coke, grass, peyote and mescaline."

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #13348627 - 10/17/10 02:16 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Keith Richards is proof there is life after death.

OfflineTNK
Pleasures of Africa
I'm a teapot Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: I AM THUNDERBOT
Re: Keef: I carried gun to score heroin [Re: Le_Canard]
    #13351405 - 10/18/10 08:23 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

"I'd spent hours packing the side-panel of the car with coke, grass, peyote and mescaline."

A legend forever born in my heart :bongload:

--------------------
Edited by TNK (02/22/22 22:22 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder