Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: RE: [Re: Keeper0fsoles]
    #13502957 - 11/18/10 09:59 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I build plaster sculptures with them...doesn't everybody do that?

:whistling:

Quote:

Keeper0fsoles said:
So auweia what do you do with all these shrooms you find? Seems like you find every freaking shroom out there aha

Edited by auweia (11/18/10 09:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebaycafe
Urawa RedDiamonds
 User Gallery

Loc: 埼玉県&...
Re: RE: [Re: auweia]
    #13503488 - 11/18/10 12:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Here is a small cluster I saw last night in Palo Alto. Was in a very public place with bad light so I wasn't going to scour for more. The mycelium was moved somewhere I thought it could get friendly with.

--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

OfflineOreganic
Connoisseur of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Orygun
Re: RE: [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #13503717 - 11/18/10 01:03 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

auweia said:
major major discovery this morning in downtown San Francisco!!!

You found a new species!

I will describe it this winter.  Let me know what you want to call it.

The thread on these is here:  http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13501631

Wow, amazing! Congrats Auweia you are truly a blessed hunter!!

--------------------

OfflineRmor1551
Stranger
Re: RE: [Re: baycafe]
    #13503749 - 11/18/10 01:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Regarding the paralyzing effects from the last page, I've felt losses of motor control skills before. Not sure if I'd call it being paralyzed though. For example, one night I ate 1/4 oz dried, powderized cyans. Everything was awesome as usual however after a few hours and coming down from all the intense effects, I became very hungry, which is also normal. I decided on frosted mini wheats and poured myself a bowl. As I ate though, I noticed less and less control of my lip muscles. It got to the point where as I was chewing, the ceral and milk would just come dribbling out of my mouth uncontrollably. Fortunately my fingers still worked, so I would shovel cereal into my mouth and then hold my lips closed with my fingers while I chewed. Kinda disturbing at the time but I was hungry and wasn't going to let it stop me from my mini wheats. I passed out after that, and when I woke up, my lips were working again.

My girl has complained before after eating a higher dosage that she lost control of her thumbs for a short period. Only her thumbs though. It was hilarious when she was telling me about how hard it was doing things without her thumbs. Last time she lost control of her throat muscles and wasn't able to swallow or talk for about 5 minutes. 

I've noticed that this ALWAYS happens approx 3-4 hours after ingestion when all effects are just about gone and is only very temporary. Nothing that I have ever worried about.

WiscoKid - Can you post a link to that other forum page where people are discussing these "paralyzing" effect? I'd be interested in hearing about others experiences...

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: RE: [Re: Rmor1551]
    #13503880 - 11/18/10 01:41 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

that's the thread called "A warning"

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13222715/page/4/fpart/1/vc/1/nt/9

big thread now. I had no idea people had all these specific effects. First time I ever heard of it

InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery
Loc: usa Flag
Re: RE: [Re: auweia]
    #13505580 - 11/18/10 07:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for posting that link so fast there auweia!!!!!

SUPER SUPER :super::congrats: on the news of your "new species" found:wow:
You are a majik wizard indeed:bow2::bow2:
let the woodlover force be with YOU :yoda2:

--------------------
http://

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Re: The Official San Francisco Bay Area fall 2010 winter 2011 season [Re: sporeRider]
    #13506463 - 11/18/10 10:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Nothing up this way yet but a few of my fave cyans spots in the bay are taking off. I will be down after this rain to clean up

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Edited by tahoe (11/18/10 10:19 PM)

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: The Official San Francisco Bay Area fall 2010 winter 2011 season [Re: tahoe]
    #13506877 - 11/18/10 11:21 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
Nothing up this way yet but a few of my fave cyans spots in the bay are taking off.

Where are those exactly?

Haha just kidding.  This year I will be running the psychoactive mushrooms table at the MSSF fair Dec 3 and 4, if Tahoe, Auweia, Burtonrebel, Curecat, Sui and some other people could help staff if that would be awesome.  Peter Werner will also be there.  PM me if you want to do it.

Offlinequeasy

Re: The Official San Francisco Bay Area fall 2010 winter 2011 season [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #13506903 - 11/18/10 11:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Lurking for a while, have read through this thread and a bunch others you guys have gotten me interested in mushroom hunting. I live in Martinez in the East Bay, has there been any reports of cyans growing around my area? I'm gonna wait for it to rain again before i go looking for wood chips but i wanted to make sure im not searching in vain. thanks in advanced.

OfflineJahvibz
Stranger

a question about scotts naturescape sierra red mulch [Re: queasy]
    #13509271 - 11/19/10 12:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

2011 Operation inoculation

Greetings fellow fungi followers!  This is my first post on here but have been following the threads for a few seasons now.  Thanks to all the pros out there, Alan, Auweia etc for the years of photos and advice.  Just based on photos and ANY clues given ie street names, parks etc. I'm now up to 11 seperate fruiting beds in SF!  More than enough to provide me and close friends with round trip tickets to the spirit world and back.  If they happen to be any of your guy's spots I apologize!  I promise though that I only harvest responsibly, taking only what is needed for ceremonial use.  This year I plan on paying the gods back for the gifts by helping the patches I harvest to spread there seed.  I am planning to aggressively start mycelium cultures in jars of Scotts Naturescape Sierra Red mulch and going to spread them all throughout certain neighborhoods of SF and ALL of Santa Cruz.  The patches are far and few between here in SC (I haven't been able to find even one yet thats not a cultivated patch) but I plan on changing that!  I swear an oath to keep at it every year until every major shopping area, industrial area and park around SC is giving out free tickets for all.  Which brings me to my main reason for posting, to ask Auweia a question:
Is it crucial to use sierra red mulch only?  I went by home depot and they only had black and brown.  I started some cultures in the brown and they seem to be spreading already after a few days.  I'm about to start a WHOLE lot more jars today but wasn't sure if I should drive to a different home depot to find the red mulch.  Also, is it necessary to sterilize the bark prior to innoculating? Or can you just moisten it and use it right out of the bag?  I've grown mush inside before and know all about sterilization etc. but I didn't know if it was required for outside inoculation.  One more, I saw you started yours in coffee cans, if I use mason jars should I leave the lids off? loose? or all the way on?  Any advice from anyone on starting culture easily and in bulk, please let me know.  Give thanks!

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: a question about scotts naturescape sierra red mulch [Re: Jahvibz]
    #13509488 - 11/19/10 01:41 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

no, red isn't the only kind..they'll grow in black and brown too. The only reason why scotts red is good is because it's cheap and has some finer cuts in it, sawdust and shred mix

try some hardware stores. i found one in SF that can get a 40lb bag for 5 bucks. many ACE hardware can order it in a few days

pellets work too or any hard wood chips..Sometimes you can get free chips by looking on Craigslist and tree cutters will dump a ton in your backyard just to get rid of it

either way, smaller chips work better and provide a tighter seal to hold in moisture..larger chips, more than inch across might be a bit too loose and dry out faster

Quote:

Jahvibz said:
2011 Operation inoculation

Which brings me to my main reason for posting, to ask Auweia a question:
Is it crucial to use sierra red mulch only?  I went by home depot and they only had black and brown.  I started some cultures in the brown and they seem to be spreading already after a few days.

Edited by auweia (11/19/10 01:44 PM)

Offlinekryst0pher
Curiousity
Male
Loc: Alemeda County CA
Re: a question about scotts naturescape sierra red mulch [Re: auweia]
    #13509595 - 11/19/10 01:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The rain is falling and the Mushroom Gods are calling!!:grin:

OfflineJahvibz
Stranger

Re: a question about scotts naturescape sierra red mulch [Re: kryst0pher]
    #13509890 - 11/19/10 02:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Nice, thanks for the quick response Auweia.  What about sterilizing the chips?  Is that necessary?

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: a question about scotts naturescape sierra red mulch [Re: Jahvibz]
    #13510221 - 11/19/10 03:46 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

nope..sterilization is only needed when working from spores. transplanting mycelium is usually fine without any sterilization

Quote:

Jahvibz said:
Nice, thanks for the quick response Auweia.  What about sterilizing the chips?  Is that necessary?

InvisibleRafiikii
 User Gallery

Re: a question about scotts naturescape sierra red mulch [Re: auweia]
    #13510552 - 11/19/10 04:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

may the rain bring mycelium across the lands!

--------------------
"You didn’t come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are no stranger here."

Offlinewookie
life enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: the north state (Californ...
Re: a question about scotts naturescape sierra red mulch [Re: Rafiikii]
    #13511100 - 11/19/10 06:54 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Greetings from Eureka. I've just come back from the the manila area found some decent medium sized Cyans in about 35 minutes of hiking around the dunes. Im gonna cardboard the stem butts and some colonized wood chips i brought back from the beach.

--------------------
-=* dUMb \/\/00kIe *=-

OfflineRmor1551
Stranger
Re: a question about scotts naturescape sierra red mulch [Re: Rafiikii]
    #13511301 - 11/19/10 07:41 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rafiikii said:
may the rain bring mycelium across the lands!

And deep snow in the mountains... :thumbup:

Offlinewookie
life enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: the north state (Californ...
Re: a question about scotts naturescape sierra red mulch [Re: Rmor1551]
    #13511947 - 11/19/10 10:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
-=* dUMb \/\/00kIe *=-

OfflineFleshTemple
Teononcatl
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz Mountains
Re: a question about scotts naturescape sierra red mulch [Re: wookie]
    #13513766 - 11/20/10 09:58 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I went to our local refuse station and a tractor fill up the back of my truck with mulch that they make from pallets and other scrap wood.  There might be some redwood or cedar mixed in, but its mostly pine and doug fir.  I transplanted a small amount of mycellium at the end of winter last year, and my patch is fully colonized at this point.  It poured all last night here in the Santa Cruz Mountains, so I'm just waiting for the fruiting to start now.  I'll take pics as happen.

The whole truck load costs $10.  Alot of potential for a very low price!

--------------------
"How many licks does it take to get to the center of the universe?"

OfflineCapMeh
RX Jazzist
 User Gallery

Loc: The Holy Mountain
Re: a question about scotts naturescape sierra red mulch [Re: FleshTemple]
    #13514177 - 11/20/10 12:03 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Im determined to find a wood lover in LA county.. Or take a little trip up to the bay area, either way i cant let you fellas have all the fun! Fantastic finds so far everyone! The rain! It is here!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates