Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Goddamn RYE!!
    #1330831 - 02/24/03 08:06 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I fucking hate Rye. Im too goddamn lazy to go buy a big bag 0 birdseed at a store 20 minutes away. I remember a tek where you simmer, drain, and then let the rye sit in the jars for a day or somthing so some water will evaorate. Anybody know what this tek is? Any got a good tek for fucks who cant get the moisture content of their rye right? Please help me! Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Goddamn RYE!! [Re: resin]
    #1330837 - 02/24/03 08:07 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

maybe a store with popcorn is closer?

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Anonymous

#1330874 - 02/24/03 08:24 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

lazy stoner.

;x

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Re: Goddamn RYE!! [Re: ]
    #1330898 - 02/24/03 08:32 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yea no shit. I hate the rye

OfflineHexum311
SmartNewb

Loc: NOYFB (new state)
    #1330915 - 02/24/03 08:37 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hate to tell you but birdseed is just as tough to get the content right. The tek is simple. Put 6 cups (or whatever) rye berries into a pot. Fill the pot with water, far above the rye, as the rye will more than double in size. Heat the water to a light boil. After a light boil is reached, turn the heat down and SIMMER for 45 minutes. If the rye kernels start bursting, you can stop early. Put the rye in some type of strainer. Run cold water over the kernels. Let sit for a couple hours or so. Voila .

P.S., my aquaintance does not use a strainer, as he does not have one. He pokes big holes in paper plates, and lets the rye sit on the plates, over the sink, on an oven rack, lol  :smile:

--------------------
"The shade is a tool, a device, a saviors seceret try... and look up to the sky..... but my eyes burn"
-Chino Moreno, the Deftones
peace
-Hex

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #1330940 - 02/24/03 08:50 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Yea no shit. I hate the rye

1/2 gallon jar G2G to WBS on day 2 after transfer.

6T(aka Mycota) WBS Tek (Wild Bird Seed) Bulk Spawn Preparation Method.

WBS consists primarily of white millet. It is often a combination of white & red millet - with a small percentage of sunflower seeds and sometimes tiny amounts of crushed corn. Some expensive brands are coated with a fungicide. For use as spawn material, treated WBS is not advisable.

You can find untreated WBS in 5 -10 & 20 pound bags, at low prices at most large chain grocery stores, or chain type pet supply stores. For instance, PetsMart has 40 pound bags for around $8.

Simply place whatever quantity you intend to use in a plastic pot, tub or bucket. Bear in mind, dry seed will expand about 20 to 25% - after it absorbs its capacity of water. Add tap water & soak the seed overnight. A 8 to 12 hour soak is fine. Seed soaked longer will begin to ferment. But, is still usable after soaking 24 to 36 hours.

There is no need to remove any floating husks, or sunflower seeds. These add lignin ( a good thing) & do not harbor any more possible contams than does the millet. It is all going to get thoroughly sterilized - anyway.

Once soaked, simply rinse the seed very thoroughly in a colander, or strainer. Then allow it to drain - WELL. As in 30 or more minutes. If it is drips - one drop. It is not drained - WELL.

Load pint or quart jars ? full, apply internal filter disk, material, polyfil or whatever method you use allow gas exchange through a ? or 3/8 inch hole in the lid. Screw lid on tight & back it off ? turn. Place a double layer of paper coffee filters over the lid & jar top, held down by a thick rubber band. Place the jars in the PC.

PC at 15 pounds for a full 60 minutes. 90 minutes is better, if you have the time. Allow the PC pressure to drop to zero & let it cool a bit. Open while still hot & remove jars. The paper coffee filters will dry almost instantly, when the PC is opened. Tighten lids (if necessary), shake jars to insure there are no clumps of seed inside. Place jars inside the oven on a rack, to cool, overnight. External coffee filters simply add another layer of protection to the jars content.

Once cooled to room temperature, store in a clean cardboard box - until used. Using them sooner than later is preferable. Note: This method was done in an All American PC. Some brands with a weighted pressure system require more internal water & it may be advisable to also cover the coffee filters with tin foil- while PC'ing, so no excess boiling water gains entry into the jars. Simply remove the tinfoil when you remove the jars from the PC.

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Goddamn RYE!! [Re: Hexum311]
    #1330963 - 02/24/03 09:02 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hate to tell you but birdseed is just as tough to get the content right.

it seems to be horribly easy if you use 6T's WBS tek posted above. there is no measuring water and it comes out perfect. at least it did for my cousin vinnie and others who post here. popcorn seems to be at least as easy as wbs but vinnie bought so much wbs he won't need anything else for a while.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1330978 - 02/24/03 09:09 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, i have no problem with rye whatsoever!
I just boil it for 1/2 hour, or until the rye starts to explode. I then strain for 20min, this will make the moisture contents bang on. Load into jars then PC for an hour. I find grain to grain works amazingly well with rye. Jars are done within a week, but i've done spore innoculations with great success also! I always just crack the lid and shoot in spores or colonised rye, and have rarely had contam.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Re: Goddamn RYE!! [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1331005 - 02/24/03 09:20 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Believe me by now I have the wbs tek printed out. That has to be the most posted tek or somthing. Even when my birdseed is too wet the mycelium stil grows. A few drops of water in my rye jars and they dont do shit. I might try the popcorn.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #1331053 - 02/24/03 09:38 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

P/Corn spawn

1) Place in a pot & bring to a boil, then turn off heat
2) Let them soak for 24 hours.
3) Bring to a slow boil for 1 hour.
4) Pour off ALL the water, allow to cool to room temp & DRAIN WELL.
5) Jar up as you would rye or WBS & PC @ 15lbs 60 to 90 minutes.

6T (aka Mycota)

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Re: Goddamn RYE!! [Re: SixTango]
    #1331834 - 02/24/03 03:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Your like the goddamn grain king

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation