Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAbsolut_B
Just some guy

Loc: In my pants
Re: Trip Intensifiers - lets build a list [Re: Theta]
    #1329942 - 02/23/03 09:06 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have tried both OJ and vit C and have had vastly different results.  There was no effect with the vit C tablet, either positive or negative.  On the other hand the OJ made the experience much better.  I usually don't eat or drink much while tripping( I seem to be preoccupied) but when I made an effort to drink OJ it helped.  My guess is that the OJ helped add some form of nutrition and energy(think blood surgar level) as I fast for several hours beforehand.  Strangely I don't get the same sensation from sodas, so who knows.

It has also been discussed that a LOW dose of a benzo can "shield" a trip, and I totally agree.  In place of a benzo I have also used kava kava, and some other substances with depressent qualities may also work.(though not alcohol, which is much better at the end of the trip to calm down)  I can't trip at the moment due to outside circumstances, so I won't be able to try any of the other suggestions, to my dismay. :mad: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Trip Intensifiers - lets build a list [Re: Theta]
    #1330464 - 02/24/03 03:18 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Vitamin C does nothing to a trip.

It may work as a placebo.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
Re: Trip Intensifiers - lets build a list [Re: Phluck]
    #1330727 - 02/24/03 05:17 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

l-s-d

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: Trip Intensifiers - lets build a list [Re: Phluck]
    #1337193 - 02/26/03 07:52 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Orange juice tastes good.

But yeah, I agree, i guess C pills are just placebo....

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

Loc: Brazil
Re: Trip Intensifiers - lets build a list [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #1341976 - 02/28/03 03:24 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

but placebos work fine, anyways...

like that little band says

it's all in your head.. :laugh:

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

The Magic Mushrooms in Portuguese.

Invisibledddkiddd
phat kid
Male

Loc: divide, colorado
Re: Trip Intensifiers - lets build a list [Re: marcosbj]
    #6655704 - 03/10/07 01:08 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

this is all from personal experience:
vitamin c - placebo
nitrous oxide - doubles or triples experience for a few minutes and strongly intensifies the experience after that. KILLS BRAIN CELLS
cannabis - about 20% x the experience with more mellow and happier vibes after or during the peak, but during come-up can cause anxiety, depending on the quality and how it was cultivated and cured
hashish - beautiful
passion flower - have yet to experiment with increased activity, but it definitely provides a more mellow and happier experience, moreso than cannabis
chocolate - intensifies and elongates the trip, but chocolate is difficult to digest in large amounts which can bring bad vibes and nausea
caffeine - more energetic and happier trip, but more anxiety during come-up

someone mentioned washing it down with 7-up. i thought this was a good idea, too until i tried it this morning and almost blew chunks. i dont think carbonation helps digestion, and ease of digestion is one of the most infulential factors for me on the positivity of the trip. after an unpleasant experience during digestion, i remembered i had passion flower gelcaps in my cupboard, so i took one of those and proceeded to have a happy sleepful time, in which shroom "dreams" seemed to be reality! psillyahuasca?

anyway, all of these substances are psychoactive and therefor affect each individual differently. ive developed relationships with certain substances and mixed them in with my shroom trips, only to have the shrooms tell me what was good for me and what wasnt. passion flower is a thing of beauty tho! im gonna try to cultivate it soon!

--------------------
pk

OfflineGreenAssHands
Study Science
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Intensifiers - lets build a list [Re: dddkiddd]
    #6661110 - 03/12/07 11:35 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

N20

OfflineSaeis
Mental Explorer
Male

Re: Trip Intensifiers - lets build a list [Re: Learyfan]
    #18743939 - 08/22/13 07:12 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Last night I washed down 1g of Penis Envy mushrooms with a cup of
grapefruit juice, and I know PE are potent but I had an incredible mushroom experience off only 1g! I know 1g doesn't seem like a lot but I was surprised at how effective it was.

It was only my 3rd experience on mushrooms and 1g was more potent than a previous 3.5 trip I had. Not saying the Vitamin C is what did it but I definitely feel like I tripped much harder than I should have off 1g. Good times indeed :mushroom2:

--------------------
A Stranger in Paradise Entering Shpongleland
Trip Reports - 1g Albino Penis Envy

Edited by Saeis (08/22/13 07:15 PM)

OfflineLabs4858

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Trip Intensifiers - lets build a list [Re: Saeis]
    #18743971 - 08/22/13 07:19 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Mangoes & Molly :smile:

--------------------

OfflineCatchThirtythr33
Pineal Gland Optics

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Trip Intensifiers - lets build a list [Re: Labs4858]
    #18743985 - 08/22/13 07:22 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

MAOIs such as Banisteriopsis Caapi or Syrian Rue intensify and prolong tryptamine based psychedelics.

Also, ps: this thread was started 10 years ago :oldthread:

--------------------

OfflineSammysong
Dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: Idios kosmos
Re: Trip Intensifiers - lets build a list [Re: CatchThirtythr33] * 1
    #18748150 - 08/23/13 05:14 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Hey all,

Found some information on potential LSD potentiators in a few library books the other day. Dotted them down as they seemed quite interesting to share.

• Passionflower increases the “spiritual” qualities of LSD, making it more like a full blown entheogen, more along the lines of ayahuasca, more “visionary”.
  • The dose used is often 1-2 tablespoons.

• Clove oil should help with absorption of the LSD. Clove oil has been used in many topical medications for this very reason. It helps compounds pass through membranes in a way similar to DMSO.
  • By combining LSD with clove oil, you'll be 'hit' harder as it passes through the barriers of the stomach, etc.
  • It is also a psychoactive and apparently potentiates the visual effects of many psychedelics.

• Cinnamon bark oil (about 5 drops) potentiates LSD by releasing adrenalin.

• Cayanne pepper (about 800 mg) potentiates LSD by releasing adrenalin.

• Nux vomica (100 mg) potentiates LSD quite a bit by increasing all sensory stimuli.

• 3-5 Datura stramonium seeds potentiate LSD.

The following herbs potentiate LSD by acting synergistically on various 5-HT sites. For this reason they should be dosed at about the same time as the LSD for best effects.

The oils elemicin, myristicin, safrole, and methyl chavicol potentiate the effects of LSD, but only if used with the proper enzyme inhibitors. For these a dose of 100-200 mg is used along with the proper enzyme inhibitors. The potentiation can be extreme because these agonize 5-HT2 sites specifically.

Surprisingly valerian root oil potentiates the effects of LSD. A dose of 200 mg is used. This agonizes several 5-HT sites also agonized by LSD. Smaller doses act as a mild sedative only. You must use a large dose or its not effective at all.

• German chamomile (10 cups of flowers or 3 drops of the essential oil) potentiates LSD very mildly. It agonizes 5-HT4. Smaller doses act as a mild sedative only. You must use a large dose.

• Black cohosh potentiates LSD by agonizing several 5-HT sites

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order