Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate, Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChibboleth
Drying/storage questions
    #1328629 - 02/23/03 10:31 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

At present I have a few drying concerns. My setup is very simple and thrown together - a tupperware container partially filled with DampRid, on top of which is a piece of ordinary typing paper, on top of which are the mushrooms.

With this setup, mushrooms typically become cracker-dry in about five days. Now, aside from the fact that I can't do very many mushrooms at once, does anyone see a problem with this setup?

Secondly, some of the mushrooms in my current batch have blue bruising on the stems (from some inept handling) and most of the mushrooms' caps are darkening, which I haven't seen before. So: is this darkening of the caps anything to be concerned about, and do mushrooms lose much potency when they're bruised?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Drying/storage questions [Re: Chibboleth]
    #1328805 - 02/23/03 11:48 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

you can use the top of a fresh egg container with several holes punched in it.
As for the bruising, yeah it can be bad depending who you ask. I some morons who purposely bruise the fruits to make them look more "potent".

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

InvisibleChibboleth
Re: Drying/storage questions [Re: soochi]
    #1328879 - 02/23/03 12:25 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

So, by fresh egg container you mean those syrofoam cartons? I think I don't understand the concept, can you explain more fully?

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: Drying/storage questions [Re: Chibboleth]
    #1328917 - 02/23/03 12:44 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Instead of using typing paper, try using material that allows for more air flow (wire mesh, tin-foil with a lot of holes in it).

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate, Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn