Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Bush as big a threat as Saddam
    #1327855 - 02/23/03 01:08 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

THE British think George Bush is as big a threat to world peace as Saddam Hussein, a poll for The Sunday Times shows.

The poll of more than 2,000 people, carried out by YouGov, shows that by two to one, 47% to 23%, America is regarded as ?a bully that wants to dominate the world? rather than a force for good. Only 34% say they admire America, against 54% who do not.

On Bush, nearly nine out of 10 said he was determined to have a war at any cost. Most damning of all, when asked who was the greatest threat to world peace, 45% said Saddam but 45% also said Bush.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
Re: Bush as big a threat as Saddam [Re: Xlea321]
    #1327866 - 02/23/03 01:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

***edit*** 100% of Rono doesn't put up with bullshit "name calling" posts...

--------------------
I hope all bleeding hearts Die from bloodloss!!!!!

Edited by Rono (02/23/03 01:22 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1327916 - 02/23/03 02:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Let's run our country strictly by what the Britsh people think.

Oh wait, that's not how it works. Nor should it. Worry about your country as you'll never make a difference in ours. If you don't like that Blair agrees with Bush, vote Blair out.

Get over your hatred of America, it's not helping you.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Bush as big a threat as Saddam [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1327927 - 02/23/03 02:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

For UK citizens Alex's post is very relevant as unfortunately our govt merrily tows the US line against the wishes of the majority of our country.You keep harping on about this, you are obviously very pleased with this "clean your own house first" line you keep trotting out. The thing you dont understand is that when the policies of your country effect the whole world we can say what we damn well like about it.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
Re: Bush as big a threat as Saddam [Re: GazzBut]
    #1327930 - 02/23/03 02:23 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

those numbers are meaninless.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1327934 - 02/23/03 02:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Of course you can say what you like, just don't expect most to care or to not point out either:
A. The hypocrisy of worrying about others while doing/saying little or nothing about your own country.
B. Spewing what boils down to little more than hatred.

If you feel your government "merrily tows the US line", do something about it. Then worry about ours.

But then, you'd have to admit your government is fucked up and that you're powerless to change it. It's far easier to spew hatred and bitch about others than it is to take stock of your own.

Very pleased with my line? Nope. It's not my line and while I've used it several times in the past few days, it's not because I'm so "pleased" with it. It's because it appropriate.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1327972 - 02/23/03 03:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Im really enjoying watching you pro war people crumble.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
    #1327980 - 02/23/03 03:32 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

are you trying to be antagonisticc? who are thse pro war people you talk about.if you mean proaction then you obviously are just saying that because you have nothing meaningful to say.

--------------------

Offlinepimpadelic
enthusiast
Loc: Chattanooga, TN
    #1327982 - 02/23/03 03:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I really enjoy watching the Pro Bush people crumble :grin:  Especially Some of the shroomerites hear that are pro Bush. They say some of the most stupid unlogical shit I have ever heard. They sound like little puppets with no brain. 

Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
Re: Bush as big a threat as Saddam [Re: pimpadelic]
    #1327986 - 02/23/03 03:34 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

say something logical then.

--------------------

Offlinepimpadelic
enthusiast
Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Re: Bush as big a threat as Saddam [Re: fadedpinkwings]
    #1327994 - 02/23/03 03:39 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

No comment :crazy: 

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1328021 - 02/23/03 04:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

So you think there is currently a state of inaction? You ignore weapons inspectors, you ignore sanctions regimes and then basically say we are doing nothing so we must go to war.

You discount the fact that our "inaction" in the last decade has weakened Iraq to the point where the only likelihood of them posing any real threat to us is if we attack them.

If we do attack Iraq there is a very high probability that we will intensify extremism and create more terrorists. How does that fit with a war on terror? well I suppose it creates more enemies to use as a smokescreen for the true goals of the western imperialists.

These terrorists wont just come from Iraq. They will come from all the other middle eastern countries with appaling human rights records, who also possess WMD. I take it you are aware that most of these countries do have chemical weapons that could easily fall into the hands of terrorists especially if hatred towards the west is increased by an uneeded attack on Iraq?

So what then? Is the US to lead a crusade against all middle eastern countries who posess WMDs and harbour terrorists? Well if that is truly the reason behind attacking Iraq I really dont see how it can be avoided. How in the hell would this make the world a safer place?

When we attack Iraq and there are terrorist reprisals, most likely in both our countries, will we be able to indulge in anguish and recrimination knowing full well that it is our own naked agression that has brought these attacks upon us? I know I wont but im sure many people will ignore that fact and call for ever more fierce attacks upon these nations and terrorists thus continuing the cycle. We have a chance to stop this cycle, although we wont take it willingly I pray that those who seek war to further their goals are forced to back down. Realistically im not very hopeful but you never know.

If we dont attack Iraq extremists will still exist but they will find it much harder to find a captive audience if the west choose not to fulfill the predicitions these extremists have made about us. If on the other hand we do attack their numbers will swell and their hatred will grow.

There really is no need for war.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1328027 - 02/23/03 04:05 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

A. The hypocrisy of worrying about others while doing/saying little or nothing about your own country.

If you actually understood my posistion you would know that I am against western imperialsim as a whole, not just the US. Of course I have now told you this about 5 times but you choose to ignore it as it doesnt conveniently fit your views.

I have no problem admitting the faults of my own government.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
    #1328036 - 02/23/03 04:12 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

MORE action is needed. You are a person who not only sees thigs differently than me, you feel differently as well. any one can make a fairly logical arguement for or against a case. nothing special there. I feel that saddam is our enemy and should be treated as such. And if that means having to take on more enemys so be it. I support our government ! It is the only system I would want to live in. could it be better, yes it could be. could it be worse ,we will see.

I dont expect you to understand how I feel.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1328044 - 02/23/03 04:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Im really enjoying watching you pro war people crumble.

1. No-ones crumbling
2. I'm not pro war.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1328118 - 02/23/03 05:27 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

THE British think George Bush is as big a threat to world peace as Saddam Hussein, a poll for The Sunday Times shows.

So?

Quote:

he poll of more than 2,000 people, carried out by YouGov, shows that by two to one, 47% to 23%, America is regarded as ?a bully that wants to dominate the world? rather than a force for good. Only 34% say they admire America, against 54% who do not.

wow i saw that same stat and it said that only 30% think that America is regarded as ?a bully that wants to dominate the world?...wow i like this "Alex clause" when it comes to polls.

to sum it up i couldn't careless what the british people think...or should i say "feel".

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1328120 - 02/23/03 05:30 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Very pleased with my line?

I'll be using that line more often as i woulld expect you and others to do the same. It's hated because it's the truth

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1328122 - 02/23/03 05:32 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Im really enjoying watching you pro war people crumble

I'm also enjoying watching you Saddam supporters whine...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1328141 - 02/23/03 05:57 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

So now how we as individuals feel is more important than facts. Im afraid I dont think your suited to a political forum where logic, information and the ability to present an arguement are actually quite important.

I take it you have discarded logic as you are unable to logically argue against what I said in my last post.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #1328147 - 02/23/03 06:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The DEA recently killed a 14-y/o girl in cold blood (drcNET.org) because her dad was a suspected cocaine dealer. Saddam Hussein is notorious for employing such methods; and Bush does not oppose Saddam because he finds his methods morally or legally objectionable. If anything, Bush hates Saddam because Saddam reminds Bush too much of himself.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder