Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

And Exhale!
    #1315462 - 02/17/03 08:00 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Not really a major problem in my life at the moment, but thought I'd see if I could get any advice in here, if only for the sake of those around me.

Lately I've been highly strung, it doesn't take much to get me in a temper. Things are getting on top of me; I'm chasing a promotion at work, studying part-time for a degree, trying to buy a house and settle down, my fiances getting broody and Its getting more and more difficult to cope.
The only major change in my life recently is that I've given up alcohol - I haven't had a drink for 7 weeks, I didn't think that would be a factor. I also don't smoke weed anymore since an OD incident involving 5 hash cakes - but thats another story!
I have very little spare time, and that which I do have I use to try and chill-out. I'm going on vacation in May, that can't come quick enough. I'm sure that will help a lot. In the mean-time does anyone have any suggestions on how to relax when you have a hectic lifestyle?

I hope this is indicative of an acceptable post in this forum, as I will be spending a lot of time here contributing.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: And Exhale! [Re: Jackal]
    #1315486 - 02/17/03 08:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Find a hobby, something you truly enjoy or something you've always wanted to try (golf, bonsai, mountain biking, etc...) and set aside one day a week for that. If its something you really like, it will give you something to think about so your mind isn't always under stress.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Anonymous #1

#1315533 - 02/17/03 08:54 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

#1315552 - 02/17/03 09:08 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hi Jackal

i'm in the same boat as you...i used to smoke pot religiously everyday since i was 17 and now, after 5 years, i've quit completely. smoking pot was my pasttime, it helped me relax myself...

i'm also stressed out too...i'm moving and there are loads of other things going on in my life which is just pounding down on my shoulders...

my fiancee had suggested working out, but i cant be arsed. so, what i've decided was to take a hobby as someone had already suggested to you. 2 weeks ago i bought a charcoal and graphite set along with some paper...and i'll be drawing again. is there any hobby that you used to be into that you can dwell in so you can relax? mushroom growing used to relax me, doing agar work relaxed me, but alas i'm moving so can't do that for hte time being...

do you have a musical ear? why not try making music
do u like to keep fit? why not try running or going to the gym
do you like cooking? why not check out some internet receipe sites and cook some new stuff
do u like "boy" hobbies? building miniature cars, making a motorized airplane...

hrm what else...what do u like? maybe we can suggest something to you if we get an idea

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #1315570 - 02/17/03 09:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah exercise is definate antidote to stress. I have been finding meditation really useful lately. Or if your GP is cool you could tell them you need you need a few days at the beach.

Can you take a break from any of the other activities you are doing? It's definately a good idea to try and work things out with your fiance - relationship conflicts are really bad for stress.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: And Exhale! [Re: boO]
    #1315623 - 02/17/03 10:31 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I think I need to put some time aside for myself. Another problem is that when I'm doing nothing and relaxing, I often feel as though I'm wasting time and should be doing something constructive. Its hard to relax.
I'm not artistic in the slightest and I would like to get out of the house. Maybe some kind of exercise may help to get rid of some stress. Running is a bit dull, I prefer team sports, but then I have the added task of getting friends motivated.
I think I've grown out of boys toys and computer games - they aren't entertaining anymore, it's like I've seen it all before.
I like all things nature, and live near a large wood - I often have the urge to go climbing - but thats absurd, I'm almost 25!  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1315631 - 02/17/03 10:38 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I like all things nature, and live near a large wood - I often have the urge to go climbing - but thats absurd, I'm almost 25! 

You're never too old to have fun like a kid :wink: Seriously, if you want to go climbing, DO IT! There's no age limit to playing. Go take a walk in nature every afternoon or something, spend an hour or so in the woods. It's a nice feeling taking a stroll though a large forest and smelling all the trees and flowers. 

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #1315667 - 02/17/03 11:31 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

you already have an idea of what you would like to do...
go on a hike, go climb a tree...
but my suggestion is...(if you have one)
TAKE YOUR DOG WITH YOU.
afterall it is truly IS mans bestfriend.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1315769 - 02/18/03 02:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, tree climbing is very masculine........I watched micheal jackson do it on television last night :grin:

Seriously, do whatever you want!

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
    #1316492 - 02/18/03 09:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I often have the urge to go climbing - but thats absurd, I'm almost 25!

BAH!  I'm 27 and still refuse to 'mature'.  I have a job, make the $$ and am responsible in all the normal ways, but I refuse to stop watching cartoons and playing YuGiOh with my nephews.  If you feel childish climbing trees ... so what?  We are only alive so long, live EVERY day to the fullest.  It is cool that you have goals; promotion; house; etc.  but what good is that if you aren't happy?  An 'adult' variation of climbing trees would be rock climbing, just a thought.  :grin:

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1316850 - 02/18/03 12:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

live near a large wood

My neighbor says the same thing, but only in the morning or when my girl is naked. :grin:

Hey man, you got the right idea, set some time aside for yourself.  You gotta be happy.  Now get off the computer and go do something.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: And Exhale! [Re: ]
    #1317221 - 02/18/03 02:41 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"Caffiene contributes to being high strung more than most people realize."

This is definately true. Most likely more true for some than for others, but sometimes coffee is like liquid stress for me.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
    #1321092 - 02/20/03 04:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Climbing trees is one of my favorite things to do!

How about trying meditation? I don't find it easy, but many people swear by it.

--------------------
Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#1326111 - 02/22/03 07:04 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Update:

Well I'm not a big coffee drinker (just the occasional mocha from Starbucks when I'm passing by) but I do drink a lot of Coke. I've cut that out, but I think the reduction in sugar has had an effect. Anyway just an excuse to eat Marsbars :laugh:

I took the dogs for a walk through the woods, and when I thought no-one was looking (there probably wasn't anyone for a radius of a mile) I climbed a tree. My dogs thought I was mad! They wanted to come too!

Anyway, a little breeze and my nerves got to me down I got and home I went! I feel quite tired, I never realised when I was a kid how hard climbing trees was. :laugh:

Anyway I feel like I achieved something, I don't exactly know what, but I do feel better for it. 

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#1326175 - 02/22/03 07:52 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #1327620 - 02/22/03 10:06 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

awesome man!!
yeah, simple things in life, usually free, can be
soo enlightening to the nerves and stresses of everyday
life...unfortunately these 'simple', 'free' things
are often taken for granted and overlooked...

(re:in general:)
last night i took my dog to a bon fire...
i went to the bonfire, not really to socialize,
but to give my dog a change of environment...
ppl tend to take thier dogs for granted, never walk them,
never take them anywhere, in worse scenarios, leave them chained in the backyard.. its fuckin sad and pathetic...
if you have a dog, please dont take them for granted...
...but yeah, thats my rant...

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1327625 - 02/22/03 10:10 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Next time im rock climbing in wales wona come along? :smile: 

edit i climbed a 60 foot oak yesterday to put a kestrel nest box up and it did bring back a lot of childhood adventures.Dont compare to rocks though  :wink:

--------------------
er

Edited by G a n j a (02/22/03 10:12 PM)

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: And Exhale! [Re: G a n j a]
    #1327883 - 02/23/03 01:31 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Sure, that'd be sweet. Beware however, the closest thing I've ever done to rock-climbing is some pot-holing when I was a kid. :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1327965 - 02/23/03 03:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Why don't you stop by the Ethno Garden forum and try your hand at growing, it can be very rewarding.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
Re: And Exhale! [Re: Ripple]
    #1328057 - 02/23/03 04:34 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

That is a great suggestion! Gardening/growing is amazing, it kinda brings you back to pace.

Get down with nature.

Total stress reliever.

--------------------
Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom