Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
The war on drugs
    #1326898 - 02/22/03 05:18 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/drugs/Story/0,2763,506559,00.html

Every problem with drugs is because of the black market they are sold under. Cannabis is smoked instead of eatten because it has to be grown away from mysterious black helicopters. Heroin is esentially morphine, and often given durring serious operations, and routine ones like child birth. All of heroin's problems come from dealers cutting it, and miscalculations in purity. The margin between a hit and an overdose is quite alot, safely double. LSD as well. Coke really just makes you want more coke. We all know how we feel about shroomies : ) The whole war is a freaking joke... They were actually drinking champagne as they decided to opress our culture. Champagne! Alcohol is a nasty depressant all in its own right. AND, it we all saw what prohibition did to it.

I think we should not only legalize drugs, but to make them absolutely free. Take the millions that would be given to the DEA agents and give it to.. well us. Spend it on giving jobs to people who would grow enough to suck the life out of our entire black market. Massive amounts of every drug produced very quickly and provided for free would fuck all the dealers, right a general injustice, probably reduce the prohibition related affects in neighboring countries, and its just common sense.

The thing about the war on drugs is that the average person has no idea where to get drugs. If there were a free center that could refuse people as it saw fit and gave out PROPERLY callibrated hits of a nice average purity. And, it is WAY easier to enforce if you really look at it. You can keep the drugs away from unstable people (or sedate them with the CORRECT drugs) AND a way to diagnose that "dope fiend" that the politicians are afraid of. They are created by our good friend the black market.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: The war on drugs [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #1326929 - 02/22/03 05:39 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

thats fine, but there's not much i can do about it except talk about it

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: The war on drugs [Re: recalcitrant]
    #1326941 - 02/22/03 05:51 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

...talk about it to your senators and congressional representatives, that's why they're there.
If you're paraniod use a public library's computers and an email address set up under a fake name.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Duck Hunt, Enemy Enforcer

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1326956 - 02/22/03 06:03 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The thing about the war on drugs is that the average person has no idea where to get drugs. If there were a free center that could refuse people as it saw fit

If there was a center to distrubue free dope and it refused people that would defeat the whole point of trying to discourage the black market. If such an operation was started it's charter better include not refusing people and giving out more than 1 days supply at a time. I can imagine somthing like a methadone clinic the gov. would set up and stoners showing up to get 1 gram of pot every day. Any program better give out a months supply at a time and it must be anonymous, not take names, and the shit must be high grade.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #1327035 - 02/22/03 06:55 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The WoD ended on 9/11. There is no longer such a crime as "drug use", only "terrorism". Even more than to legitimize wars of plunder in Iraq and elsewhere, the "war on terrorism" is meant to expand the original purpose of the WoD -- that being a class war waged by the rich against the poor -- to a whole new order of magnitude. By 9/11, the WoD had clearly begun to show signs of decay and was losing its credibility. Staging the attack gave the far right an intergrated program of political repression at home and military imperialism abroad, without having to use drugs as an excuse.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: The war on drugs [Re: Annapurna1]
    #1327047 - 02/22/03 07:05 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, and now when Suzie buys a dimebag the money goes right to bin Laden for new and improved box cutters.

Offlinemrpants
jedi

Loc: London
Re: The war on drugs [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1328230 - 02/23/03 08:55 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The drug war is worth more to the US government and other rogue states illegal than it is legal.

As long as this is true then i don't see anything being illegalised, ever.

OfflineBowlKiller
----
Re: The war on drugs [Re: Annapurna1]
    #1330398 - 02/24/03 04:55 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

thats exactly what I was thinking man, could not have put it any better. Notice how the anit-drug commercials try to brainwash stupid people that somehow buying "drugs" supports terror. And I really like that one commercial where is just 2 guys talking and I have seen two commercials in this series.

one guy is like (not exact) "so you just want me to believe that buying drugs supporst terrorism?

and the other guy is like "it just does thats a fact"

and then the next commercial has the same 2 guys

one guy is like "so you are just saying that as a gimmick, its not true"

and the other guy is like "yes it is"

anyway that is a bad representation of the commercials, but basically that is how they run.

And you dont need a WoD anymore cause anything, and I mean anything, no matter if it is drugs, guns, computers, information, etc. can be labeled as a terrorist activity. And because of the patriot act the govt. doesnt even have to worry about the legal system anymore.

Its crazy, I think if some authority really wanted to a person could face punishment for posting on this MB. I am not so sure though, and I know there have been threads about this.

I think our representatives can be of some use. I would say information to the masses would be more powerful. And also more people need to vote on issues like medical MJ and the Nevada votes. I was truly sad that the Nevada thing did not go through.

You can say that the whole 9/11 thing was staged in order to get more power. I wish that there was something "we the people" could do the restore this nation, and I mean something on the magnitude of a 9/11 situation. I am not talking about a massice killing or any destruction for that matter, but just some act or circumstance that would lead to mass public awareness about the truth.

--------------------
----

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: The war on drugs [Re: BowlKiller]
    #1331354 - 02/24/03 11:29 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

And you dont need a WoD anymore cause anything, and I mean anything, no matter if it is drugs, guns, computers, information, etc. can be labeled as a terrorist activity. And because of the patriot act the govt. doesnt even have to worry about the legal system anymore.

And that raises the question as to whether "legality" is even a relevant concept anymore. It is impossible to be a "law abiding citizen" when you have no rights under the law, so does it really matter if a given drug you choose to do is legal or not??

Quote:

You can say that the whole 9/11 thing was staged in order to get more power. I wish that there was something "we the people" could do the restore this nation, and I mean something on the magnitude of a 9/11 situation. I am not talking about a massice killing or any destruction for that matter, but just some act or circumstance that would lead to mass public awareness about the truth.

I think the public is aware of the truth but has chosen not to act, because the truth is simply too obvious. Personally i find fascism repellent; but judging by the results of the 2002 election, the American voters clearly do not. And are we really in any position to claim to be smarter than them in knowing some "truth" that they dont?? I dont think so. Everyone has access to the same information (media vs. internet version); everyone watches the same boldfaced lies on the media; everyone knows that its lies; and everyone knows that this lying is the fascists flaunting their power. And LION, "we the people" as the majority of voters, view fascism as being necessary. Freedom, unfortunately, includes the freedom to give it up.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
    #1331553 - 02/24/03 01:08 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I read the whole thing. It was good, it shares my beleifs.

Thanks!

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion