Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
Re: Taste the Rainbow: Bakery Declines Order for Rainbow Cupcakes, Sparking City Inquiry [Re: Muppet]
    #13269368 - 09/30/10 10:55 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Muppet said:
I'm sorry...but I've got absolutely NO patience/sympathy/whatever for morons like these that like to stir shit up an cause problems for the rest of us just because they think they should be getting special privileges and they're not

if you people aren't willing to follow the same rules as everyone else - then by all means go somewhere else that has laws an shit you *can* abide by...but don't get my freedoms taken away just because you're throwing a little temper tantrum over something petty over here

gawd...I wanna punch these fucken people  :nonono:

muppet, what the FUCK are you talking about?  who in that article is expecting special treatment?  is it special treatment to expect a bakery to be willing to fill your reasonable order of baked goods?

where the hell is there any mention of danger to your freedoms?  there is no way you will ever be affected by any happenings of that article.  i can't even comprehend the hostility you're harboring to some people who just wanted to buy some damn cupcakes.

if you walked into an establishment and tried to purchase something, but they took one look at you and said "you're too fucking ugly - get out of my store," i imagine you'd be pretty livid, no?  it's understandable for them to be annoyed/upset by an outright refusal of service simply because they're not homophobic like the proprietor.  that's why this story came to light and the article was made.  because someone was understandably upset.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMuppet Happy Birthday!
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
Re: Taste the Rainbow: Bakery Declines Order for Rainbow Cupcakes, Sparking City Inquiry [Re: Chespirito]
    #13269375 - 09/30/10 10:57 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Chespirito said:
You may have missed the 50's and 60's then.

touche/  :lol:

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: Taste the Rainbow: Bakery Declines Order for Rainbow Cupcakes, Sparking City Inquiry [Re: Muppet]
    #13269381 - 09/30/10 10:58 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What if you ordered rainbow cupcakes in order to celebrate rainbows in the sky?  NONGAY rainbow cupcakes, if you specify that they are straight, and not gay, would the cupcakes get made?

Just curious.

Offlinescienceguy
Instrument
Male

Loc: One Mile High... Flag
Re: Taste the Rainbow: Bakery Declines Order for Rainbow Cupcakes, Sparking City Inquiry [Re: Maverick]
    #13269395 - 09/30/10 11:03 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm curious why they want to teach their "young, impressionable daughters" that it's okay to hate people for no reason.

--------------------
"Freedom starts between the ears."

Edward Abbey

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: Taste the Rainbow: Bakery Declines Order for Rainbow Cupcakes, Sparking City Inquiry [Re: scienceguy]
    #13269404 - 09/30/10 11:05 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

They don't want their daughters banging each other.  They're probably like "well we don't care if they go gay, but they aren't old enough to understand Incest.  So these gays have to wait a bit first. *angerface*"

Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Taste the Rainbow: Bakery Declines Order for Rainbow Cupcakes, Sparking City Inquiry [Re: tiny_rabid_birds] * 1
    #13269442 - 09/30/10 11:13 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
muppet, what the FUCK are you talking about?  who in that article is expecting special treatment?  is it special treatment to expect a bakery to be willing to fill your reasonable order of baked goods?

where the hell is there any mention of danger to your freedoms?  there is no way you will ever be affected by any happenings of that article.  i can't even comprehend the hostility you're harboring to some people who just wanted to buy some damn cupcakes.

if you walked into an establishment and tried to purchase something, but they took one look at you and said "you're too fucking ugly - get out of my store," i imagine you'd be pretty livid, no?  it's understandable for them to be annoyed/upset by an outright refusal of service simply because they're not homophobic like the proprietor.  that's why this story came to light and the article was made.  because someone was understandably upset.

yeah...but the difference between my dumb ass and theirs, is that I wouldn't run to the media/law/whatever about it
  • I'd take my sour grapes
  • complain about my injustice
  • and head on up the road

is what happened here unfair - yes
should this kind of behavior be encouraged - no

but if this jackass here wants to bankrupt his own business because he wants to draw a lot of bad publicity to himself - that's still his fucken choice to make

and I don't care how racist/sexist/whatever his business policies are - the government should NOT have the right to tell him he can't turn people away

if some dillhole wanted to make a new store that only sold to people with the name of 'Jim' - then what right do we have to tell him he can't do that?
  • he'll be the one cutting off 98% of the population
  • and he'll be the one suffering from his own damn stupidity
who are we to tell this man he doesn't have the right to make his own damn asinine choices about his own damned life here???

next thing you know they'll be telling you you can only say "hello" instead of "hi"  :rolleyes:

--------------------

Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13269480 - 09/30/10 11:20 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

all I'm saying is people are going to make mistakes no matter how strict you make the rules, and that there's always gonna be at least ONE situation where things don't happen exactly the way you feel they're 'supposed to' happen

"there are exceptions to everything" is pretty much the cornerstone of our entire existence  :lol:

and I, for one, have absolutely NO sympathy for people who can't understand that  :shrug:

--------------------

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
    #13269492 - 09/30/10 11:23 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

you are right that he's free to make his own stupid choices, but i think facing repercussions of media exposure is legit and even necessary form of punishment.  because of the article, a larger percentage of potential patrons are now aware of the proprietor's bigotry and assault on rationality.  it's making people aware of his choice to exclude others so that those who celebrate diversity can now knowingly make their own choice to boycott the establishment.

it's not like he's going to be criminally prosecuted.  there is no more punishment.  this IS the punishment.  he made his bed in the hate-based refusal of service, now media exposure is ensuring that he'll lie in in.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #13269533 - 09/30/10 11:30 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Muppet said:
Quote:

we have the right to refuse service to anyone for ANY reason

• customers don't *have to* buy from em
  • and they don't *have to* fucken sell

it's called FREE TRADE

the issue comes at the fact that they're selling on public property,
owned by the city, the city cant discriminate based on sexual
orientation and if the vendors are obligated to abide by the same set
of rules then they also cant discriminate

does this give the city the opportunity to cancel any least from the
cookie shop, it's certainly a means to prevent the shop from getting a
renewal on a lease... it appears it's time to check the contracts

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Taste the Rainbow: Bakery Declines Order for Rainbow Cupcakes, Sparking City Inquiry [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #13269543 - 09/30/10 11:33 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
you are right that he's free to make his own stupid choices

he may not be as this could open him up to discrimination litigation,
another type of punishment that isn't criminal, if he's obligated under
the same laws as the city to provide the services to those requesting them

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Taste the Rainbow: Bakery Declines Order for Rainbow Cupcakes, Sparking City Inquiry [Re: abltsandwich]
    #13269588 - 09/30/10 11:41 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

from the indycm website...  seems the city likes to misrepresent their influence

When constructed in 1886, the Indianapolis City Market was under direct control of the City of Indianapolis. A "Market Master" was appointed by the mayor, however, the city still remained involved in formulating budgets and other day-to-day management functions.

This relationship lasted until 1988 when an ordinance was passed that established City Market as a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization. City Market thus became free of political and municipal influence by this new organizational structure.

Under the ordinance, the city would still own the Market building and property, but a 13-member board of directors would oversee normal operations and assume management responsibility on its behalf. Six directors are appointed by the mayor and seven are appointed by the Indianapolis City-County Council.

The day-to-day operations of the market are overseen by a full-time professional staff. Staff contact information and a listing of the current board members can be viewed by clicking here.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Taste the Rainbow: Bakery Declines Order for Rainbow Cupcakes, Sparking City Inquiry [Re: abltsandwich]
    #13269601 - 09/30/10 11:43 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Why is this stupid story even in the news? It's a privately owned bakery. If the owners don't want to make cupcakes for a gay event because they're against gays, then it's their right to do that. No law requires them to make the gay club fucking cupcakes.

Since when did society become a bunch of fucking pussies? Get the fuck over it and have another bakery make your fucking rainbow cupcakes, cry babies.

Edited by Gumby (09/30/10 11:44 AM)

OfflineRipVanWinkle
The Benzodiazethang
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Near Memphrica, TN Flag
    #13269603 - 09/30/10 11:43 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm going to ask the bakery with the most conservative owners that is located on city property to make me 500 green cupcakes with icing marijuana leaves on top.  If they decline I'm taking their asses to court.  Maybe I can make some money from the lawsuit.

--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.

OfflineRipVanWinkle
The Benzodiazethang
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Near Memphrica, TN Flag
Re: Taste the Rainbow: Bakery Declines Order for Rainbow Cupcakes, Sparking City Inquiry [Re: Gumby]
    #13269614 - 09/30/10 11:45 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
Why is this stupid story even in the news? It's a privately owned bakery. If the owners don't want to make cupcakes for a gay event because they're against gays, then it's their right to do that. No law requires them to make the gay club fucking cupcakes.

Since when did society become a bunch of fucking pussies? Get the fuck over it, cry babies.

My thoughts exactly.  But what can you expect from abunch of rainbow-flying princesses?

--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.

Offlinescienceguy
Instrument
Male

Re: Taste the Rainbow: Bakery Declines Order for Rainbow Cupcakes, Sparking City Inquiry [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13269617 - 09/30/10 11:45 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

How does a market entity that exists to regulate commerce in the building it owns get 501(c)(3) status?  Methinks nonprofits are a good way to bilk people out of money...

--------------------

Edward Abbey

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Taste the Rainbow: Bakery Declines Order for Rainbow Cupcakes, Sparking City Inquiry [Re: Gumby]
    #13269620 - 09/30/10 11:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:

may in fact not be the case, they're a private company but they operate on
city property and may be subject to the bylaws of the city

but yeah... tell those cupcake eating homos to make their own flaming cupcakes

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Taste the Rainbow: Bakery Declines Order for Rainbow Cupcakes, Sparking City Inquiry [Re: scienceguy]
    #13269625 - 09/30/10 11:47 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

scienceguy said:
Methinks nonprofits are a good way to bilk people out of money...

I've been saying it for years

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#13269647 - 09/30/10 11:49 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What were they gonna do? Tell their girls they are making pretty rainbow cupcakes because faggots put dicks in eachother's butts and that makes them go to hell?

Why not just make the money and move on? WTF people you seperate your business and personal lives because that's how you make dough.

--------------------

wat man rly

Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

Loc: State of Jefferson
    #13269649 - 09/30/10 11:49 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Stupid guy opened his big dumb mouth so now the governments gonna get all mixed up in his cupcakes.

You don't say things like that. The wife had it right, Could not fill the order. It would have ended right there.

Well dammit, time to start making some freedomcakes.

Offlinescienceguy
Instrument
Male

Re: Taste the Rainbow: Bakery Declines Order for Rainbow Cupcakes, Sparking City Inquiry [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13269655 - 09/30/10 11:50 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It's true.  If you end up with extra money, you just give it to the people who work at the organization, call it their "salary," then voilá, no more profit!

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order