Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGthirteens
GovernmentalStrain 13
I just don't understand... please help me understand!!
    #1326320 - 02/22/03 09:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I had this colonized poo all cased, colonized casing, and had it pinning nicely with like 30 pins or so coming up... some came up first and started maturing faster, but there were still tons of small pins forming. After I pick about 4 mature ones the pins that were coming up started to turn a funky color... moreso the cap, it started to turn a dark, dark brown color... with maybe a hint of some greyish, green. I let these pins go for a day and half and saw NO improvement in their size... What's the deal here? I was giving it 3 fannings a day, kept it moist, gave it light, and temps were in the low 70's consistently (although would a short time with temps above 75 hurt it like this?)

So here's my major question! What's the most common problem that hinders the beginner to produce profound flushes?

Please everybody, tell me what your exact setups are that you use to provide a perfect, consistant growing enviroment?

I'm thinking of going the GreenHouse Shelf/cool mist humidifier method!

Peace
Gthirteens

--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

Fresh Times Past Age Like Wine,
More and More Precious All the Time

We have found they can intoxicate,
Blurring the Reality of our State

As I pluck them off my Aged Mental Vine,
Fresh Times Past Taste Like Wine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I just don't understand... please help me understand!! [Re: Gthirteens]
    #1326499 - 02/22/03 11:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

it sounds like those pins aborted. This is normal, to a certain extent, although environmental factors can make it worse. You'll start to be able to recognize when pins are going to abort - you should pick them when they start to do so, and save them - they're high in alkaloids. If you're keeping your humidity and air circulation right, and your casing isn't contaminated, then nothing is wrong.

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I just don't understand... please help me understand!! [Re: the spiral]
    #1326500 - 02/22/03 11:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

and the greenhouse/cool mist combo is an incredible one.

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: I just don't understand... please help me understand!! [Re: the spiral]
    #1326529 - 02/22/03 11:39 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It's not exactly that they're high in alkaloids, but they do have the same amount as a fully mature mushroom, thus letting the tripper eat less amounts of mushrooms to reach the same effect.  :grin: 

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: I just don't understand... please help me understand!! [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1326823 - 02/22/03 02:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I believe they may have a higher concentration of alkaloids, but a mature mushroom will contain more than an abort, just not a concentrated.

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: I just don't understand... please help me understand!! [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1327109 - 02/22/03 05:42 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

G
those are aborts and that is normal, kind of a bummer but normal.

Edited by DSD (02/22/03 05:43 PM)

OfflineGthirteens
GovernmentalStrain 13
Re: I just don't understand... please help me understand!! [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1329561 - 02/23/03 06:03 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

So these are aborts huh? Well what the hell causes these, and how can I stop it from happening?

Alright here's an example of what I mean:

Your casing is colonized just about right, and so you put it in pinning conditions. A few days later you find that there are 3-5 big pins coming up... but that's all you notice. Another day or so goes by and these pins are growing, and but now you notice there are tons of little hymphal knots turning into nice pins everywhere...

Do you...

A) Let these 4 pins mature to full mushies (in this case it seems that all pins that appear a day and 1/2 before the first pins mature will abort, do others notice this too?)

or...

B) Pick these 4 big pins/shroomies (i'm thinking the idea is to pick all stray pins that come up before the others... so when the whole surface shows signs of pins they can all grow to maturity TOGETHER resulting in a nice harvest... is this how they grow?)

Both of these examples we'll just assume the growing enviroment is ideal!

What do I do... A or B?

Peace

--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

Fresh Times Past Age Like Wine,
More and More Precious All the Time

We have found they can intoxicate,
Blurring the Reality of our State

As I pluck them off my Aged Mental Vine,
Fresh Times Past Taste Like Wine

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix