Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerave420
open minded
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Vancouver Island
DMT, Psylocybin and my Migraines - A tale of success * 2
    #13264613 - 09/29/10 12:47 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hello,

i'd like to share my story, the journey i have undertaken to find a natural way of treating my sometimes debilitating migraines.

First off, i have suffered from severe migraines since my early ages of life. My memories of splitting  pain goes back to when i was 6 years old, lying in a dark room with a pack of ice on my head, withering in pain and fear because i didn't know what was happening to me. Now, some 20 years later, i know those were severe migraines i was experiencing. I never got diagnosed until 6 years ago.

What are migraines:
For those that don't know migraines, be happy. You don't want to. Imagine a real bad trip on psychedelics minus the distortion, plus severe pain in one side of your head. It most frequently is accompanied by nausea, irritability to light, i like to think of it as a low dose mushroom trip that keeps on teasing you and never takes off, while someone tries to give you a lobotomy. It hurts, can last up to three days sometimes, and most the time, renders you completely incapable of doing anything. This is NOT your usual tension headache. Most the time it's accompanied by physical symptoms that are much worse than the actual headache. Fatigue, SEVERE nausea, a spinning sensation just like you get after a severe hangover are all part of the deal. It really changes your mood and demeanor too. Where you normally could cope just fine, you can't anymore when you have a migraine. It almost alters your perception.

Some 6 years ago, i finally got a diagnose, which entitled me to prescription migraine medication.
I tried an onslaught of medication, and this is when my interest in psychedelics really started to take on a medicinal form.
Let's have a look at some of the stuff the quacks set you up with, to treat your migraines.

Naratriptan
Sumatriptan

mhh okay. Both of these medications work great for the treatment of migraines i found. I'd pop a pill or two, and within an hour or so, i was back to a much more bearable state of existence. They actually seemed to work to end the migraine itself. I have lots of experience taking narcotics for the same reason, however, o quickly learned that stuff like Oxycodone and Fentanyl just make you care less about the pain. They do not help to restore actual functionality, they merely reduce your suffering.

That's not what i wanted. Sure, narcotics are great, but i just can't go into work with a migraine and a fentanyl lollipop in my mouth (i mean, i could, but i wouldn't do much work).

However, the first time i got my prescription for Naratripan filled i got hit with a bad surprise: A single pill would cost 145$! wow! Actually, i figured it would still be cheaper to take the day off work and suffer at home, instead of taking one of these and going to work. Either way, after a talk with my superiors at work i got a health insurance plan, and the pills became much cheaper.

This is when i started to do research. I read all sorts of papers, exploring the relationship between 5HT Receptors and their relevance to migraines. It does not take a genius to figure out that all prescription migraine medications fall into a class of compounds called TRIPTANES. I quickly discovered that there are two closley related compounds that occur in nature, with an identical mechanism of action.

N,N-DMT
Psylocybin

The difference between these compounds and prescription migraine medication lies within the fact that the Rx Compounds are more selective binding to certain classes of sub-receptors only. DMT and 4-HO-DMT bind freely to all of them.
Either way, i felt it was completely feasible to research these compounds as a method to cure migraines.

I acquired some Mimosa Hostilis root bark, extracted DMT and other alkaloids, and started growing mushrooms of the genus P. Cubensis.

It was one day where i found myself with a REAL bad migraine, and no more Rx medication to take. the migraine was really bad, and while hanging over the toilet puking my guts out i felt that taking any kind of psychedelic drug would NOT be a good idea at the time.
When you're in a lot of pain you tend to make irrational decisions not based on any reason whatsoever. However, i measured 20mg's of DMT and smoked it on a brillo pad shoved inside the downstem of a clean bong. This was my first time smoking DMT mind you. I felt like i was smoking crack, not so much medicating a migraine.
It was about 10 seconds after i exhaled, i felt like someone hit a button with a hammer and rung a bell. All this was accompanied by a severe (but beautiful) distortion of reality, and just like that, like someone cracked a snapped ankle back in place, the migraine was reduced, by at least 95%. It was about 10 minutes after that i realized i wasn't nauseous anymore, and the throbbing sensation completely disappeared. It literally felt like thunder clouds in my head disappeared, and gave way to a clear cool night.

Now this was a revelation on so many levels. I did subsequent trials, and every time i felt a migraine manifest itself i stopped it dead in it's tracks by smoking only 20mg's of pure white DMT crystals. I also had good results with eating 0.5 - 1.0 g's of dried mushrooms. The effects took much longer to take hold, but after about an hour or so, just like with my migraine medication, the migraine disappeared. Did i feel high from eating that little amount of mushrooms? Not really. I mean, i could feel they were there, but it was nothing like a trip. either way, the real relief always comes when you feel your migraine disappearing. After smoking the DMT or waiting for the mushrooms to take effect, i could function at work and go through my day without any more discomfort or pain.

Nature holds the key. I suddenly didn't want to take man-made compounds that don't occur in nature anymore. I felt it was hypocritical to outlaw these substances, and sell another analogue or similar compound for a lot of money. But hey, i think everybody that works with psychedelic substances has these realizations at one point or another.
I feel the need to share all this, for someone out there, that's in a similar situation, suffering from migraines. Learn how to use the things that nature provides you with. In most cases, they are much more effective than man-made pharmaceuticals.

I yet have to explore the effectiveness of ergoline based compounds, but i am convinced that they would work also. Next time i come across some LSD i shall evaluate this relationship. I feel that LSD is too potent however. It would be hard to dose BELOW the psychedelic threshold, and still achieve a good enough dose to get rid of your symptoms. LSD lasts much longer. DMT is potent enough in every way, but it's effects only last 10 - 15 minutes, while effectively removing your migraine.

I hope someone found this interesting to read, and that someone might derive some useful information from this.

--------------------

we all breathe the same air, drink the same water, and draw our strength from the same giant fireball.

:pm:Help me with my collection (trades only)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLittleDipster
 User Gallery

Re: DMT, Psylocybin and my Migraines - A tale of success [Re: rave420]
    #13264685 - 09/29/10 12:59 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Wow I'v heard about LSD and psilocybin treatment but never DMT. It makes sense though.

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT, Psylocybin and my Migraines - A tale of success [Re: LittleDipster]
    #13264722 - 09/29/10 01:07 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yup, this is definitely true. LSD, Psilocybin, and now DMT all have proven to treat migraine/cluster headaches on site. I really enjoyed reading your post. Now if this type of information could spread far and wide, just as Medicinal Marijuana has, perhaps we could see more research and usage of Psychedelics for Medical Purposes.

Some related links:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-wellbeing/features/lsd-cured-my-headache-953406.html

http://headaches.about.com/od/clusterheadaches/a/mushrooms_lsd.htm

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_medical1.shtml

http://www.helpforheadaches.com/articles/psilocybin.htm

http://www.bioedonline.org/news/news.cfm?art=2791

http://www.clusterbusters.com/lsd.html

http://www.fsbookco.com/LSD.html

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: DMT, Psylocybin and my Migraines - A tale of success [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #13264773 - 09/29/10 01:16 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, yeah, nice find on the quick-onset relief of DMT, I knew of LSD and mushrooms being great cures for migraines, but never heard DMT before. Very INteresting read - thanks for sharing!

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DMT, Psylocybin and my Migraines - A tale of success [Re: dwpineal]
    #13264866 - 09/29/10 01:32 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I've been telling everyone who will listen about cluster headaches and mushrooms and LSD for a long time.  It makes complete sense that such a close analogue in the same class of compounds would have the same effect!  I didn't know that they were effective in migraines too though, until now - thanks.

They'd have to come up with an inhaler of some sort, because western medicine seems to frown upon prescribing things to smoke.  Wow - a DMT inhaler?  That would be extremely cool.

Too bad I don't work for the FDA :smile:

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere.
    #13265020 - 09/29/10 02:01 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Dude. Good to know. I have gotten sever headaches, migraines, where you start seeing flashing colors and just writhe in pain in the darkest room you can find. I would refuse to take anything, but it would just get so bad that I had to. I used to get them at work.. It was bad, as you know. Now they don't happen as much. Not sure why, but I am happy that they don't, because they are truly debilitating. I should really try that. Next time I get a headache, pop a a coupe grams o mushrooms and see what happens. (my average dose is about 5-6 grams). Rather informative. Maybe soon we will have a pharmacological revolution and bring back Mothers medications.

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

InvisibleBlueDruid
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: DMT, Psylocybin and my Migraines - A tale of success [Re: misos]
    #13265352 - 09/29/10 03:07 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Great post rave420, glad you managed to find the solution for your migranes. Hopefully your story, and that of others will inspire others to reach for the mushroom rather than the painkillers when the headaches start to come on.

OfflineDiacetylmentlegen
Gentleman
Male

Loc: Ireland Flag
Re: DMT, Psylocybin and my Migraines - A tale of success [Re: BlueDruid]
    #13265448 - 09/29/10 03:22 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Good to hear. I've heard about psilocybin's success with cluster headaches before. I myself only became interested in psilocybin due to my crippling OCD, which I must admit, was definitely temporarily reduced somewhat by a mild trip of B+. I'll let you guys know if I ever find lasting relief :thumbup:

--------------------
"When I recall it and when I recall various other symptoms... I think the simplest explanation is... that I had these experiences, that they were real... and that they took place outside time." - Christopher Mayhew

OfflineEvolution
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in time and spa...
    #13265699 - 09/29/10 04:02 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for sharing!

It's a shame that these natural medicine are forbidden, since they can help a lot of help people with all sorts of problems.

I never suffered from headaches, but when I was younger I occasionally got these flashes of light accompanied by a heavy pain in my eyes. Never knew and still don't know what it is/was.

--------------------
- Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies - F.W. Nietzche

Offlinerave420
open minded
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Vancouver Island
Re: DMT, Psylocybin and my Migraines - A tale of success [Re: Evolution]
    #13266398 - 09/29/10 06:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i keep on educating people, but all to frequently i get answers like "LSD for a headache? REALLY?"... They obviously don't know what a real migraine feels like. Yeah, the kind of migraine where you start to see flashes of light and swirly colors.

DMT worked profoundly. It doesn't always remove the migraine 100%, but is sure reduces it to an almost neglectable level that starts to fade away.
Now what does this say about migraines themselves? Is it a cascade of chemical reactions that goes haywire inside your head, and DMT floods the gates and allows it to drain again? I don't know, but i feel blessed to have found this method. I haven't spend another day in anguishing pain since i discovered this. I rarely ever partake in psychedelics, as i consider them to be a sacrament, something that is meant to heal and teach, not just merely recreation.

Sometimes when going under DMT while having a strong migraine i can feel myself being exposed to a higher being, a sort of intelligence that looks down on me and pokes and sticks me with things until something goes "pop" and where pain was before there is now just clearness. I then spend another few minutes in this space, where i express my utmost appreciation, a feeling so deep and powerful that it sometimes brings a tear to my eye. And every time, i feel there is something on the receiving end of those feelings expressed by me. Like there is some kind of spirit that has unmeasurable powers of divine healing, and every time i go there it's like he / she says "it's okay just rest a while and heal" and snap crackle pop, i can feel the knot untie itself.

I certainly treat these experiences with a sense of respect and wonder. I don't try to understand it or put it in it's boundaries by trying to define it with ordinary words. Still, i can tell people about this, and it's like they don't want to understand. Like they think i'm a hippie looking for an excuse to get high. It couldn't be further from this.

The DMT is by far superior to mushrooms in terms of healing. I suppose with a strong mushroom dose you would get the same effects, but you have to think about the longevity of the experience. DMT comes and goes in an instant.

I always knew nature would hold the key / be the cause for all of our problems. If we treated it with more respect and curiosity it would heal all of our 21st century ailments. But no, we are too hung up in our materialistic world of distractions. Heed my words, one day we will pay the price.

--------------------

we all breathe the same air, drink the same water, and draw our strength from the same giant fireball.

:pm:Help me with my collection (trades only)

OfflineEverything
(~} ;-}
Male User Gallery

#13266448 - 09/29/10 06:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I watched a documentary about LSD on the discovery channel. They talked about LSD and psilocybin for cluster headaches. But psychedelics aren't likely going to be used medicinally because they have actually created an analogue chemical from LSD that doesn't make you trip, just treats the cluster headaches.

Offlinecbw
Seeker
Male

Loc: E. Europe
Re: DMT, Psylocybin and my Migraines - A tale of success [Re: Everything]
    #13268145 - 09/30/10 01:44 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I belive the documentary you're speaking of is this:

Too bad they banned them for the "social" effects they fear of.
IMHO, psychedelics are not for everyone, some individuals tend to be real asses on those, even worse. But hey, doesen't alcohool lead to way nastier actions, too?

Edited by cbw (09/30/10 01:50 AM)

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DMT, Psylocybin and my Migraines - A tale of success [Re: cbw]
    #13268803 - 09/30/10 08:04 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I saw this exact documentary on TV.

The synthetic chemical that you don't trip on but which seems to work is LSD with a bromine attached to it.  I forget what position.  I think they just call it Bromo or bromo-LSD.  I'm sure if I watch through the documentary they'll say the exact name.

Edit: 2-Bromo-LSD

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Offlinewillyjones7
Stranger
    #13288694 - 10/04/10 12:20 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Will this work for regular headaches as well?

OfflineChronicCluster
Lord Cephalopod is Reborn!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DMT, Psylocybin and my Migraines - A tale of success [Re: willyjones7]
    #13288765 - 10/04/10 12:33 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

IntraMuscular DMT works wonders for my cluster headaches.  Smoked doesn't last long enough to total eliminate the headache, it's prone to coming back a few hours later.
IM keeps it working for 15-30 minutes.  Gets rid of it and keeps it away.  Its like an eighth of mushies for 30 minutes, and it works wonders!

That, and butalbital. but that shit is ADDICTIVE.

--------------------
This site needs some submissions.  You should probably help out...
NawMean?

OfflineDripTooHard
Stranger

#26179395 - 09/10/19 10:22 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Good day
Just out there searching for relief from my migraines and muscular seizures.  What helps?  Psylocybin mushrooms.
Wonder if anyone knows how to get some in the Los Angeles area.
100% legit and in need.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder