Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
    #1325260 - 02/21/03 06:45 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know where I am going with this. I have tried to quit posting on a whim but find myself doing it now.

It seems to me that there is much fear spreading across this country and even penetrating the shroomery with the SELF INDUCED death of Ripper, and PF getting busted. Now we have the Homeland Security or rather the Homeland Insecurity plastering the country with messages of fear and preparedness featuring duct tape and plastic. I myself have an increased sense of this fear while I live far away from any kind of trouble and am very self contained and sufficient. Since I have learned more about GWB and his grandpas and namesakes (2 different folks) ties to the Nazi's my own worst fears have been realized.

Now, I could not have made up such a scenario of real fear had I tried though your Buddhists will say that it was me all along , and I wonder what is coming. I am doing my little part where I live to do a bit of counter propagandizing by simply making stickers related to anti war sentiments and posting them about for people to see.

I have long been a victim of this evil culture and have had to struggle daily to just maintain the safety of my children which have been within it's tenacious grasp for many years simply because I chose to live very "primitively" though the richness is something you will never find in Walmart. I am very poor financially but am blessed infinitely with what a person needs to exsist comfortably on this planet.

What this means to you is that if you remain true to your path, and stay focused on what is right and good everything will be ok. I have long used psycadelics to check in on where I am and what I am doing. It is a hard road to take but a good one. Many of my friends refuse to use psycadelics any more and I can only see that they are afraid of losing thier attachments to their egos and what they have established in thier lives. For me it dosen't matter unless it sticks and if a psycadelic erases it then it wasn't worth keeping.

It's possible that I delude myself and I experience great amount of pain because of my chosen path. I don't think I will ever feel "a part of" because most people can't understand what I see and understand. However, I function as a member of my little town and aid in the healing of others on levels that would make most of you puke your guts out but I can't go into here. I have watched many as they pass from this world and know that they were aware that I was with them in the end.

I guess I just want to say, don't lose hope. Don't get stuck in your head. Don't be afraid to cross lines that you have been programed not to cross. Think of it as an electric fence. Yeah it hurts when you pass through but once your through that's it. Now is a time to act an not be passive. Don't cling to the past but think of the future that can be and then MAKE IT HAPPEN.......

lovin ya'll.......

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
Re: Fear..... [Re: upupup]
    #1325271 - 02/21/03 06:57 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

we live in a society of fear. the government and the media keep us at bay with fear. the media especially. right now, on the street, if we were to see a white kid and a black kid, wed (white people) would naturally be more scared of the african american. our media usually only reports on blacks doing crimes, so we naturally become more afraid of them. the united states is the only country like this......theres some really good books about 'our society of fear'....'bolling *stoned, spelling sucks  :shocked:* for columbine' was really really good. about same thing kinda.

Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

User Gallery

Re: Fear..... [Re: sancho]
    #1325677 - 02/22/03 01:16 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

without fear and paranoia we'd start rising up, cooperating, and doing things for ourselves.
this would probably put alot of the government out of business.

Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1326187 - 02/22/03 10:06 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I hear ya.  :wink:

Stay focused my friend.

What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

#1326480 - 02/22/03 01:02 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I hear ya man. The amount of fear mongering going on right now in the world is absolutely ridiculous. People have been brainwashed quite well by the media, actually believing that they might be caught in a terrorist attack next time they go to work, a club, the supermarket, wherever. And what if you are? What if you die? So what. There's no need to fear death. But billions of people do, unfortunately. We used to unite for peace. Now we unite in fear.

What was terrorism before September 11, 2001? It was a non-concern to us. We didn't worry when it would happen because it rarely did. This is still the case, yet "terrorism" has been programmed into society's daily concerns now. Think about it: how many times do you hear the words "terror/terrorism/terrorist" in a given week? It's mentioned at least once in every nightly news broadcast and every daily newspaper. Think of the consequences this has on the mass consciousness. I've given up on any fear of this kind because it doesn't serve any productive purpose. I won't be manipulated for political gains and means of control.

There is this thing that goes on in our world called the payoff factor. People usually don't do something unless it really pays off for them in the long run. Most ordinary people don't consider this. They'll believe any lie if it's good enough. They're too busy chasing money and cars and sex to look behind the curtain to see who's creating this magnificant spectacle and, more importantly, WHY.

The reason for all the fear being created right now is very simple. It's for the same reason we feed steroids to cattle. The cattle have little to no idea what's coming to them...

People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #1326725 - 02/22/03 03:24 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

here is a song i wrote about the subject... i hope it is some inspiration:

False Evidence Appearing Real (F.E.A.R)

Have you ever wondered
What's the purpose of this quest
Day by day we walk in circles
Endless weight lies on our chest
Once in a while we get a glimpse?
Images and Words just flying by
Trying to tell and show us Why?
But soon these glimpses drown
Under the never-ending flood of thought
Snatching away that godly crown
And leaving only thirst and drought

Once you learn to quiet your mind
You stumble across your inner light
The Way is the Goal you see its clear!
We've already won cuz there's nothing to Fear
For the only true instinct in this spiral is Love
Everything Else is: "False Evidence Appearing Real"

Every thought and word and deed
Finds its way through this Eternity
Where Sun and Moon do their Dance for us
It echoes back with amazing speed
And its Creator has no clue what hit him
You reap what you sow a wise man once said
Yet for many of us his words are dead

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate
Hate leads to suffering, and soon we'll
Suffer till we're dead
Death is the thing that we fear the most
Although It's something that doesn't really exist
We fight against an illusion made up by ourselves
Well try using your soul instead of your fist

if you want you can download a live-version of it from the homepage of my band: Sorted

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: Fear..... [Re: In(di)go]
    #1329091 - 02/23/03 04:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

That rocks. I am going to put that to my own tune if you don't mind?

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #1329218 - 02/23/03 05:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

nope... i don't mind at all... as long as you dont take the credits for it, and give me half of the any money you make with it  :grin:
no seriously... im glad my thoughts and feelings are an inspiration for someone... so use it, and make sure you record whatever comes out and show it to me...

all the light

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology