Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMr.Pink
has the bag of diamonds
Female User Gallery

Loc: TL - DR
Going to water fast for 2 weeks
    #13251636 - 09/26/10 10:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Nothing but water, no vitamins, drugs, or any other intake of anything but water.  I've went 5 days before, alot of sleeping is involved, no defined sleep pattern is possible, taking it easy and getting up slowly so you don't get too much of a head rush.

Will be spending a few days on Resident Evil 5, I'll start a new game in fallout 3 and see it till the end for the 5th time in lou of New Vegas coming out in only 21 days.  Taking pictures of my 400w HPS grow lights to put in the Marketplace so I can get New Vegas and have a little left over.  Play some other games if I get tired of the 2 above that and sleeping is all I'll be doing. 

Going to eat container of these and it'll be the only thing I consume on (Monday)

it contains 10 grapefruit and these are the fucking bomb and I'll start fasting on Tuesday.

Edit:changed days

Edited by Mr.Pink (09/27/10 11:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to water fast for 2 weeks [Re: Mr.Pink]
    #13251857 - 09/26/10 11:40 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like a really bad idea to me.

Your body needs food for all sorts of important functions, giving it just water will be really hard on it.

Invisibleawakendone
Male User Gallery

#13252824 - 09/27/10 09:28 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

have you considered a juice fast? its much better than just water
i will swear by them, you will feel great! i get so much energy when my body gets a break from digesting solids

its great for detoxification!

i usually drink more juiced fruits early in the day, and more vegetables in the evenings.

i have also found that that the easiest way to initiate a fast is with a nice shroom trip

without any doubt, i consider this my most valued possession!

Edited by awakendone (09/27/10 09:40 AM)

Offlinewellage
Strange
 User Gallery
Re: Going to water fast for 2 weeks [Re: awakendone]
    #13252896 - 09/27/10 09:53 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

fast to sit around and play video games?? why??

Invisibleawakendone
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to water fast for 2 weeks [Re: wellage]
    #13253001 - 09/27/10 10:25 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

huh, i dont do any video games whatsoever. but it dont matter anyways. no matter what you like in life, fasting will only make it better. i personally prefer to be out in the sunshine though

i consider juice fasting to be among one of the best things possible for detoxification and overall well being
i have never felt so alive, alert, energetic, happy, creative etc etc etc
i cannot argue with the results i have experienced. its actually amazing!

Offlinegilesypopper
Psycho Jester
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dimenson D
Re: Going to water fast for 2 weeks [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #13253004 - 09/27/10 10:27 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Sounds like a really bad idea to me.

Your body needs food for all sorts of important functions, giving it just water will be really hard on it.

Yeah! I have to agree. I admire your discipline but maybe consider getting some fruits in as well? Almost like water with lots of good shit.

--------------------
Law breakers, law makers, let us fight them all, why not.

OfflineNewWavePeace
Incorporated
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Jersey
    #13253220 - 09/27/10 11:21 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.Pink said:
I'm the waterboy durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

what's the point of this?

--------------------
See I'm at one with the waves, whereas my wifes breasts are at one with her knees.

Offlinewellage
Strange
 User Gallery
    #13253288 - 09/27/10 11:37 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I lol'd

Quote:

awakendone said:
huh, i dont do any video games whatsoever. but it dont matter anyways. no matter what you like in life, fasting will only make it better. i personally prefer to be out in the sunshine though

i consider juice fasting to be among one of the best things possible for detoxification and overall well being

my response was to the op

OfflineMr.Pink
has the bag of diamonds
Female User Gallery

Loc: TL - DR
    #13253403 - 09/27/10 11:55 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

awakendone said:

Fasting is the SHIT!  I've considered juice fasting in the past and I'll get into it later just right now I'm broke as fuck, eating healthy is expensive.

When I got the energy I'll take short bike rides around on even terrain and hang out in the park if the weather is decent.  Worst thing you can do is over exert yourself.  Gotta take everything nice and sloooooow  :christinanurse:

--------------------
How did you get out? I shot my way out... everybody started shooting so I blasted my way out. . . . Tagged a couple of cops. . . . Did you kill anybody? ...a few cops. No real people? ....just cops

Invisibleawakendone
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to water fast for 2 weeks [Re: NewWavePeace]
    #13253551 - 09/27/10 12:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

if you are asking whats the point of fasting?

to put it simply: energy diversion. when the body gets a break from digesting stuff 24/7. that energy gets put into great use mainly by healing and detoxification. the immune system will greatly improve!

i dont condone water fasting for more than a few days, if at all
juice fasting is where its at! OP wont have to worry about getting head rushes either because all the nutrition is right there in an almost instantly absorbable form. which in turn will actually aid the bodys detox ability.

InvisibleChronic7
    #13253583 - 09/27/10 12:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What juices are good for a fast?

I presume you don't mean smoothies as you could also sneak powders, seeds, nuts etc into a smoothie...

Do you need a juicer or is a blender okay?
I presume this also means diarrhea for a few days?

I want to do a 7 day fast this christmas/new year

:peace:

--------------------

Invisibleawakendone
Male User Gallery

#13253706 - 09/27/10 12:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

when i juice fast i actually get more energy than ever!
i feel like a fucking gazelle!

it seems to me that the only people who will put down fasting havent tried it for themselves.
modern society is food crazed. many ancient cultures understood fasting benefits and it used to be widely practiced all over the world.

OP you will be greatly pleased with the results. i wanted to mention too that how you begin the fast isnt nearly as important as how you end it. when you begin eating solid again be sure that it is light the first day or two. i like to break mine with simple fruits.
drink lots of water in between the juices. i go through tons of lemons by squeezing them into the water i drink.

also if your skin starts breaking out dont stop. that just means your body is in detox mode at that point, and eliminating shit through the skin. its good thing :thumbup:

Invisibleawakendone
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to water fast for 2 weeks [Re: Chronic7]
    #13253953 - 09/27/10 01:47 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

1nfinity said:
What juices are good for a fast?

I presume you don't mean smoothies as you could also sneak powders, seeds, nuts etc into a smoothie...

Do you need a juicer or is a blender okay?
I presume this also means diarrhea for a few days?

I want to do a 7 day fast this christmas/new year

:peace:

yeah no smoothies! only use as juicer

most any freshly juiced fruits, vegetables, and herbs would be good. the more alkalizing they are the better!

IME for detoxification purposes the #1 king juice hands down is wheatgrass. you only need a shot or 2
i find celery, cilantro, and beet roots to be some of the most powerful otherwise.
kale is just great for juicing regardless. cucumbers too.

my fav fruit for detox would be apples (i always juice some ginger with them)
followed then by any and all the citrus fruits.

i never have diarrhea when fasting, but i wouldnt mind it. any waste being removed from my body is welcomed. btw thats actually the reason why i prefer my shrooms fresh over dried when i stay home. waste comes out!

after the initial breakouts if any (this will depend on how toxic you are, along with your genes). you skin will glow. GL

InvisibleChronic7
    #13254045 - 09/27/10 02:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

cool, i wanted to buy a juicer anyway but will have to save up for a few months to get a decent one

do you use/save the pulp from the juicer to use later?
all that fibre seems a lot to waste

mmmmmm
kale juice
cucumber juice
coriander juice (cilantro)

im SOLD!

--------------------

Invisibleawakendone
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to water fast for 2 weeks [Re: Chronic7]
    #13254253 - 09/27/10 02:47 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yeah that Breville i got is amazing. its mostly stainless steel. they make some excellent juicers!
if you like juicing outside and have a garden hose, cleaning takes like 20 seconds flat with mine :laugh:
if you really want to get into juicing go to youtube type liferegenerator in the search box. Dan is very inspiring.

the pulp is great for compost!

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
    #13254627 - 09/27/10 04:07 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I juice fasted for 2 weeks, a truly life-changing experience!

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#13254984 - 09/27/10 05:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

awakendone said:
also if your skin starts breaking out dont stop. that just means your body is in detox mode at that point, and eliminating shit through the skin. its good thing :thumbup:

No, that means your immune system has been weakened, allowing the normal bacteria that are on your skin to cause harmful infections.

There is no way that weakening your immune system is good for you.  A strong immune system is required at all times to keep a healthy balance of bacteria in and on your body.

I hereby call bullshit on detoxification.

The toxins are removed from your body by the liver and kidneys.  You do not need to do anything to "detoxify", it happens automatically all the time.

Alcoholics and hard drug addicts go through detoxification, but that is actually withdrawl and has nothing to do with toxins building up in the body.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detoxification

Certain approaches in alternative medicine claim to remove "toxins" from the body through herbal, electrical or electromagnetic treatments (such as the Aqua Detox treatment). These toxins are undefined and have no scientific basis,[5] making the validity of such techniques questionable. There is no evidence for toxic accumulation in these cases,[5] as the liver and kidneys automatically detoxify and excrete many toxic materials including metabolic wastes. Under this theory if toxins are too rapidly released without being safely eliminated (such as burning fat that stores toxins) they can damage the body and cause malaise. Therapies include contrast showers, detoxification foot pads, oil pulling, Gerson therapy, snake-stones, body cleansing, Scientology's Purification Rundown, water fasting, and metabolic therapy.[21]

Diet detoxification

Certain diets have an underlying assumption that the body accumulates toxins that must be removed, especially after periods of over-eating or the consumption of non-nutritious and processed foods. As with alternative medicine, the 'toxins' removed are undefined and are ascribed to foods, the environment and the body's own wastes, and there is no scientific basis for the hypothesis. Nearly all detox diets advocate increased water consumption, at least eight glasses a day.

See also http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/detox-diets/AN01334

InvisibleTroll Bot
Stranger
 User Gallery

#13255329 - 09/27/10 06:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This thread + getting a goldfish has inspired me to go on a fast.

My sister got 3 goldfish at this fair, 2 of them died within a day and the 3rd one just floated around all the time.

I cleaned its bowl then by the night its bowl was full of yellow shit which came out of its body. I cleaned the bowl again, the next day full of yellow shit. I did this probably 5-6 times. It never ate during this just floated around

Now the water is consistently clear and the goldfish is constantly swimming around.

Idk I know our biology is different but it still makes sense to me that consumption of a shitload of water and lots of rest would heal or detoxify the body.

Invisibleawakendone
Male User Gallery

#13255492 - 09/27/10 06:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

did you just quote wikipedia? :facepalm:

i too call BS on the many many detox gimmicks out there too, but not detoxification itself. anything that can be exploited for profit these days will be, sadly that includes health.

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
    #13255598 - 09/27/10 07:16 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:facepalm:

Just eat healthy and drink loads of water, you'll urinate like a motherfucker.

Exercice to sweat all the toxins out.

Drinking water alone without eating is so bad for your body :facepalm:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates