Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Bush Increasing Religious Allusions [Re: silversoul7]
    #1322789 - 02/20/03 03:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Are you referring to New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Bush Increasing Religious Allusions [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1322798 - 02/20/03 03:33 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yes. Thank you. I meant New Mexico.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Re: Bush Increasing Religious Allusions [Re: Crapula]
    #1323002 - 02/20/03 04:41 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Seperation of church and state, who needs it. We're going to have a faith based precedent er, initiative real soon. Religious allusions by a sitting president aren't to uncommon. Actually doing something that could blur the lines between the two instistutions is uncommon. This is scary. No one in D.C. seems to mind that President Bush suggested this faith based initiative, this is scary. On the surface it sound harmless enough, giving money to religious based community groups, but the referee inside my head keeps saying foul direct violation of church and state. Maybe someone can explain why it isn't, I just don't see it.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Bush Increasing Religious Allusions [Re: falcon]
    #1323478 - 02/20/03 09:43 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Seperation of church and state, who needs it.

Actually, anyone with the most basic of comprehension skills can see there is no separation of church and state as is so commonly tossed around. Here is the related section of the first ammendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; "

In simple terms for the simple.....
Government can't promote or start (establish) a religion, nor can it impede or end (prohibit) a religion.

Now if they, for example, said they were going to give 100,000,000 to the moonies but no other religions, or if they were to declare The Church Of Latter Day Saints as the "official" religion, or say they banned the Lutherans, then they would be in violation. The difference is they are "spreading" the bucks around to many.

Still an improper use of government funds in my opinion.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Re: Bush Increasing Religious Allusions [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1323583 - 02/21/03 12:40 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yes but the money is coming with conditions on how it will be spent. This by itself,I think, is too much legislated influence. I agree that the seperation of church and state is not even possible, people bring they're ideoligies with them to government.

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#1323584 - 02/21/03 12:42 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yes but the money is coming with conditions on how it will be spent. This by itself,I think, is too much legislated influence. I agree that the seperation of church and state is not even possible, people bring they're ideologies with them to government.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: Bush Increasing Religious Allusions [Re: Crapula]
    #1323622 - 02/21/03 01:23 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It does not really matter if bush quotes a few passages from the bible. He has obviously never read it. if he had read it he would not be pushing for this war. Read the teachings of christ and tell me if you see any of this in it!

Those of you who claim to be christian and support our government are hypocrites! I know what the church teaches and I know what Jesus taught. They are not the same thing in most instances. Try, if you can, to understand what the man you claim to follow had to say about what is going on in this world.

Wether he was God or man does not matter to me. If you claim to follow him, read what he had to say. The world would be a better place. For everyone.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Bush Increasing Religious Allusions [Re: sirreal]
    #1324538 - 02/21/03 09:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Those of you who claim to be christian and support our government are hypocrites! I know what the church teaches and I know what Jesus taught.

So.... dems who support abortion are not hypocrites? (I'm not saying you said that, just asking) How about giving birth control to kids? (Again... just asking)

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1324554 - 02/21/03 09:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well, to be fair, abortion isn't mentioned in the Bible. And birth control didn't even exist when it was written.

--------------------

Edited by silversoul7 (02/21/03 09:33 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1324558 - 02/21/03 09:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ok then, how about homosexuality?

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1324562 - 02/21/03 09:36 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Fair enough.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1324572 - 02/21/03 09:41 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

And birth control didn't even exist when it was written.

Really?

The oldest illustration of a condom was found in Egypt and dates back more than 3,000 years. It is difficult to judge from the drawing what the ancient Egyptian wearing the condom had in mind. He may have worn it for sexual or ritual reasons?or both. Some claim that, in later times, the Romans made condoms from the muscle tissue of warriors they defeated in battle.

(url)http://www.plannedparenthood.org/articles/condomhistory.html(/url)
I wasn't aware of this until now. Your post made me curious.

And what of the old "pull it out" method? And I think anal and oral sex can be considered birth control.

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (02/21/03 09:42 AM)

Offlinepimpadelic
enthusiast
Loc: Chattanooga, TN
    #1324720 - 02/21/03 10:58 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have one question for Mister George Bush Jr.. What Would Jesus Do???

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Bush Increasing Religious Allusions [Re: pimpadelic]
    #1324733 - 02/21/03 11:03 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Who cares?

Edit...

He's not a Jr.

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (02/21/03 11:04 AM)

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Bush Increasing Religious Allusions [Re: pimpadelic]
    #1324735 - 02/21/03 11:05 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

They justify violence by using saying that Jesus chased people away with a whip or something.

luvthemshrooms:
Quote:

Some claim that, in later times, the Romans made condoms from the muscle tissue of warriors they defeated in battle.

That's the ulitmate insult. You kill a guy and fuck somebody with their muscle tissue. Well.....I guess fucking his mother with the muscle tissue would be the ultimate insult.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Bush Increasing Religious Allusions [Re: Learyfan]
    #1324739 - 02/21/03 11:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't say it. Sorry forgot he link. Having too much fun now but it was on the planned parenthood site.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]