Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoll's all day
I'll show youmine if you showme yours......
My friend's dog is a picture puppy!!!!!
    #1324171 - 02/21/03 06:41 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

My friend's dog and I recently had a conversation regarding her casings. She said that she has been casing for a while and has gotten results , but that she want's to optimize her pinset's. I automatically replied "easy" ! Just check out the faq's . In return she said that she had but that she really learns better from pictures. She then asked me to to post asking if any one had a friend that would like to show of there casings right before they initiate pinning so as to get a better idea of what she's looking for. I will be standing in as her typist because her paws arent made for keyboards, any help any pictures would be coool of you!!!! :grin:   

--------------------
Slowly but surely, I realize every day.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: My friend's dog is a picture puppy!!!!! [Re: Roll's all day]
    #1324232 - 02/21/03 06:59 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Youll find hundreds in the grow log forum.
Good luck

--------------------
er

OfflineRoll's all day
Re: My friend's dog is a picture puppy!!!!! [Re: G a n j a]
    #1324267 - 02/21/03 07:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the insperation! However I was trying to narrow the search a little for her. As well as mabe trade some helpfull info. Or if you just want to show off thats fine to! Ground controle to major tom? Is there anyone out there? 'No not even quasi evil'? :smirk: :smirk: 

--------------------

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
    #1324471 - 02/21/03 09:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Heres a tip. Dont worry about overlay with cubensis. Yes Overlay will set you back a few days but it will eventually pin. Personally I would rather have an overlay than a shitty pinset. Just wait untill its fully colonized.

OfflineRoll's all day
    #1324670 - 02/21/03 10:37 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ya she would much rather a better pinset ,who wouldn't? That's why I posted this, according to the faq on casing it sais that the best pinset will come from not alowing it to overlay but all the pictures ive seen in either the Grow log, o rin the picture section seams to have alot of overlay. And thus my confusion. Thanx for your reply

--------------------

OfflineHexum311
SmartNewb

Loc: NOYFB (new state)
    #1324681 - 02/21/03 10:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Overlay and mycelium appearing above the casing layer are two different things. It is okay if you have either "fluffy" or rizomorphic mycelium that has colonized above the casing layer.... personally I would patch case this however. Overlay is entirely different, it is  unlike  normal  myc. growth... It is very matty and dense... you would know it, trust me. My aquaintance allows the casing layer to colonize until he can just see the mycelium peeking through the layer everywhere.. he then puts it in a fruiting chamber. The mycelium continues to grow, and by the time there is a full pinset the layer is above the top of the casing layer. I will try and get a pic up. My aquaintance is being stingy with his digi cam.  :blush:

--------------------
"The shade is a tool, a device, a saviors seceret try... and look up to the sky..... but my eyes burn"
-Chino Moreno, the Deftones
peace
-Hex

OfflineRoll's all day
    #1324960 - 02/21/03 01:05 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ok so what Im gathering is that where the pins will form the best is where the mycelium has poked through the casing layer. but that if you are looking closely will still be very fluffy and cloud like. And if it is overlay it lookes more like a smushed cottonball or just matted mycelium. and that the reason you patch case is to make it so everything comes to the surface at the same time and then you let the casing colonize with heathy mycelium completely :confused:. I did read in the faq that over watering and lack of oxogen can lead to overlay, so my next question (so I can tell my friends dog) is that if you air and dont over water than you should be fine? Or can the mycelium turn to overlay even with the right conditions? 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies