Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Strip-search on cold, rainy night [CAN]
    #13239406 - 09/24/10 05:10 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Strip-search on cold, rainy night
Woman testifies border guard told her she had to comply or be jailed
September 23, 2010 - The Province

An American woman alleged Wednesday that Canadian border official Daniel Johnson Greenhalgh strip-searched her outdoors on a cold, drizzly night three years ago.

The woman, who can't be identified due to a publication ban, was on her way into Canada at the Peace Arch crossing for a short vacation with two friends on April 13, 2007, when the trio were stopped at the border.

The woman testified in B.C. Supreme Court in New Westminster that she didn't know why they were referred for a secondary inspection. She said that the car she was in and her belongings were searched, and that Greenhalgh questioned her and her female friend.

She said Greenhalgh asked her about drugs, and testified that she quickly admitted she was carrying a tablet of ecstasy in her pants pocket and handed it to Greenhalgh.

After, she said she was repeatedly asked if she'd shared the drugs with her friends. She said no, court was told.

At one point, she said, Greenhalgh told her that she would be strip-searched, and that she could be detained and searched by females later or by him right away.

Crown prosecutor Christina Godlewska asked the woman what she understood her options to be.

"Have a strip-search or go to jail," the woman responded.

She said Greenhalgh took her to a fenced area outdoors, where she took off her clothes. She said he never touched her and that the search took just a few minutes.

After the search, the woman and her friends were sent back to the U.S.

The ordeal, she testified, "gave me chills," adding: "Never again do I ever want to go again to Canada. Ever."

The woman described the drive home from the border after she and her friend were refused entry into Canada.

She said her friend, who was allegedly sexually assaulted by Greenhalgh, was "very quiet the whole way home."

"We had mentioned that he was a pervert. That is what I remember," she told the court.

The woman's female friend alleges that she was also searched and that Greenhalgh touched her. She will testify next.

Greenhalgh's lawyer, Joe McCarthy, began his cross-examination by bringing up inconsistencies between the woman's testimony Wednesday and what she said previously to police and in a preliminary inquiry.

The woman said on a number of occasions that she was nervous previously and has had time to think about the incident.

"So you had a lot of time to reconstruct things," McCarthy said.

The woman denied reconstructing the incident.

When McCarthy suggested that she and her friend had "made up a story" about the alleged border ordeal, she replied: "No, never. I've no reason to lie.

"It was a very embarrassing matter." Greenhalgh, a former Canada Border Services Agency officer, is on trial charged with three counts of sexual assault and one count of breach of trust by a public officer.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCountry1
Ehhh
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Strip-search on cold, rainy night [CAN] [Re: Green_T]
    #13240088 - 09/24/10 11:03 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

She also tried to bring drugs over the border?

Invisiblehcrider
 User Gallery

Loc: Fishbowl
    #13240089 - 09/24/10 11:03 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

fuckin piggy piggs fuckers...

OfflineUbitsa
Waiting Is
 User Gallery

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Re: Strip-search on cold, rainy night [CAN] [Re: hcrider]
    #13241839 - 09/24/10 05:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I have about 0 empathy for people who try to smuggle drugs across the border and get caught.  They're retarded.

This is exactly what strip searches are for, when people who are smuggling things might be hiding them.

--------------------

InvisibleParkseerf
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana
Re: Strip-search on cold, rainy night [CAN] [Re: Ubitsa]
    #13243762 - 09/25/10 07:17 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ubitsa said:
I have about 0 empathy for people who try to smuggle drugs across the border and get caught.  They're retarded.

This is exactly what strip searches are for, when people who are smuggling things might be hiding them.

Im not sure one tablet of x is a big deal:smirk:

OfflineLordScarecrow
Stranger
Re: Strip-search on cold, rainy night [CAN] [Re: Parkseerf]
    #13243790 - 09/25/10 07:27 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Parks229 said:
Quote:

Ubitsa said:

Im not sure one tablet of x is a big deal:smirk:

For real why is this dude even on this website.

Do you take psychedelics?

If you have, you still honestly believe with all your heart some 20 year old girl bringing an extacy tablet home from canada is worth all that trouble from a cop?

She deserves to be strip searched and humiliated all because some piece of paper somewhere says we can't choose what substances we can possess or ingest, and makes us criminals for it. You think she deserves this for wanting to bring an X Tablet, probably smuggled in by our own government originally, over a pointless( in the big scope of things) country line.

Yes thats a good idea let me tell you.

Just as good of an idea is prohibition.

What harm is this lady going to cause with one extacy tablet? honestly?

People like you make me sick, wanting peoples lives to be ruined over something like this, you must be a terrible person sorry :thumbdown:

--------------------

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Strip-search on cold, rainy night [CAN] [Re: LordScarecrow]
    #13243810 - 09/25/10 07:36 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

^
I Think the poster meant that when you cross a border, you have NO reasonable expectation of personal property privacy. In other words, if you are flying on an airplane, expect to get searched, etc.

But the problem I have with this argument is twofold:

1) The same can be said if you go 1 mph over the speed limit (and therefore break the law), get pulled over, refuse a search, and if a dog indicates you have a dimebag in the trunk. You break the law, expect to get caught. I have sympathy for these people, because of point number 2

2) The substance shouldn't be illegal in the first place. It sucks that this woman was humiliated and degraded in this way. You can bet that if it were a man who happened to have a bullet in his pocket, the same wouldn't have happened. The irony is one bullet is more deadly than one ecstasy pill.

This article seems to suggest that the officer used the fact that they gave up 1 ecstasy pill in order to abuse his power and sexually assault these women.

When it comes down to it, this woman had her life severely affected by one ecstasy pill; and it wasn't the ecstasy pill that caused it: it was the fact that it is illegal that caused all her suffering.

OfflineMr.Pink
has the bag of diamonds
Female User Gallery

Loc: TL - DR
    #13243844 - 09/25/10 07:55 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You guys are missing the point, she openly admitted to carry illegal drugs.  As far as I'm concerned stupidity likes this deserves the consequences.  Making her stand in the buff in freezing weather isn't called for and is inhumane.

Quote:

Ubitsa said:

You don't belong here

--------------------
How did you get out? I shot my way out... everybody started shooting so I blasted my way out. . . . Tagged a couple of cops. . . . Did you kill anybody? ...a few cops. No real people? ....just cops

OfflineUbitsa
Waiting Is
 User Gallery

Re: Strip-search on cold, rainy night [CAN] [Re: Mr.Pink]
    #13243878 - 09/25/10 08:09 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

The fact remains, it was all her fault.  If she wasn't so retarded, and had not tried to smuggle drugs over the border, nothing would have happened.

Every time I cross the border I take care not to have any drugs with me, because I'm not retarded and I know what will happen.

Was she born yesterday?  It's not exactly news that cops are pigs and mistreat people.  The world is a shitty place, it's not a playground where you just wander the fuck around and then act surprised when you get fucked.

This was 100% preventable, so I'll save my empathy for real victims who couldn't have expected/prevented their distress.

That said, of course I'd kill all those borders cops if I had the button, they're even more retarded.

--------------------

OfflineMr.Pink
has the bag of diamonds
Female User Gallery

#13243897 - 09/25/10 08:21 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yes she is extremely dumb for admitting to carrying illegal shit on her but she doesn't deserve any kind of retribution for it what so ever. 

Why so much hate for people just trying to bring dr00gz across an imaginary line?

--------------------
How did you get out? I shot my way out... everybody started shooting so I blasted my way out. . . . Tagged a couple of cops. . . . Did you kill anybody? ...a few cops. No real people? ....just cops

OfflineLordScarecrow
Stranger
    #13243919 - 09/25/10 08:30 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ubitsa said:
The fact remains, it was all her fault.  If she wasn't so retarded, and had not tried to smuggle drugs over the border, nothing would have happened.

Every time I cross the border I take care not to have any drugs with me, because I'm not retarded and I know what will happen.

Was she born yesterday?  It's not exactly news that cops are pigs and mistreat people.  The world is a shitty place, it's not a playground where you just wander the fuck around and then act surprised when you get fucked.

This was 100% preventable, so I'll save my empathy for real victims who couldn't have expected/prevented their distress.

That said, of course I'd kill all those borders cops if I had the button, they're even more retarded.

Thats a ridiculous opinion.

I mean once again just the fact she is "stupid" as you say for crossing the "border" (Honestly, does the fact the land she is standing on is called USA or Canada change how harmless that ONE extacy tablet was? ) with ONE extacy tablet does not override the fact that people shouldnt even get in trouble for having one pill in the first place...

Considering the same government arresting one small time user is the same one that is involved in the big time drug game in a sketchy way.

Have you never been mistreated by a cop? Put in jail for a blunt roach or something stupid and have them turn your life into a living hell for a long ass time all over a great plant that grows out of our fine earth.

maybe if you had you would have some sympathy. Shit aint no joke, these drug laws ruin undeserving lives get your head out yo ass.

--------------------

Edited by LordScarecrow (09/25/10 08:32 AM)

InvisibleParkseerf
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana
    #13243924 - 09/25/10 08:32 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.Pink said:
Yes she is extremely dumb for admitting to carrying illegal shit on her but she doesn't deserve any kind of retribution for it what so ever. 

Why so much hate for people just trying to bring dr00gz across an imaginary line?

OfflineUbitsa
Waiting Is
 User Gallery

#13244048 - 09/25/10 09:09 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.Pink said:

I don't hate her, I just don't have any empathy for her. 

Would you feel bad for me if I bought a gun and went walking to the White House?  No, I'd probably be lucky if I ended up mistreated by the police, more likely I'd get some jailtime. 

What about if I offered a joint to a cop?

Stupid actions have consequences.  People who are retarded enough to try what she did in other countries have ended up with life in prison, so she's luckier than them.

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#13244114 - 09/25/10 09:32 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Green_T said:
She said Greenhalgh asked her about drugs, and testified that she quickly admitted she was carrying a tablet of ecstasy in her pants pocket and handed it to Greenhalgh.

It is never a good idea to admit to having illegal drugs.  If she had just left it in her pocket and not said anything about it she would have gotten away with it.

OfflineMr.Pink
has the bag of diamonds
Female User Gallery

#13244121 - 09/25/10 09:36 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I agree she got what she deserved, dumb dumb woman  :imspecial:

--------------------

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
    #13244185 - 09/25/10 09:58 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Even assuming that she has lots on her, much more than a single pill, there are two prejudices, being posted:
1. This never works.
2. The person wants to be a mule.

On the larger scale, so many attempts are made, over any given amount of time, that regular losses are still profitable for the bosses, who force helpless people to do these sorts of things, in order to pay off debts, which are real or perceived.

But, crass authoritarians are making an example of someone, who's pretty insignificant - even to them.

Edited by durian_2008 (09/25/10 10:23 AM)

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Strip-search on cold, rainy night [CAN] [Re: durian_2008]
    #13244272 - 09/25/10 10:20 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The woman said on a number of occasions that she was nervous previously and has had time to think about the incident.

"So you had a lot of time to reconstruct things," McCarthy said.

The woman denied reconstructing the incident.

This sounds like she's in holding, until she relents.

And, refusing to disrobe in front of strangers, especially ones who are particularly aggressive, does not make you a liar.

This is like a test for witches, in which people who refuse to do something unpleasant are self-incriminating.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#13245771 - 09/25/10 04:43 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I sure hope if I ever get caught smuggling drugs across a border all they do is make me get naked. Go to jail or get naked? You can look at my cock all day long.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies