Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecamel
old hand

Re: My jars look different... help
    #13240 - 04/19/00 09:56 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

If it's really dark brown->black, then you MAY have over cooked. Either too long in the cooker or to high a heat I would assume. You'd have to post a pic for me to know for sure though.

peace
camel

--------------------
Don't do drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: My jars look different... help [Re: camel]
    #13242 - 04/20/00 10:40 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Nuts. I could really use a good digital camera.

I think I may have cooked a bit too long and a bit too high, but the colour isn't even close to black, that's for sure. It's just a medium-dark brown. Shit. Well I guess I'll innoculate them tomorrow, I've got nothing to lose but some time and a spore syringe.

If anybody else can add anything please do. Thanks.

------------------
-`~Psilo Cyber-`~

An open mind is the key that opens the door to the land of knowledge.

*Make $60 a month at my site. Check it out.* Visit my site

Anonymous

#13243 - 04/20/00 12:53 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Yo Psilo, I don't think you need to worry. Mine came out the same way. I know what you mean,they look dark like wet kinda right? I looked really close and they're was the slightest bit of moisture on the inside on the glass. I figured it was just moisture from the substrate mixture.( remember the 1/4 cup in the recipe?) I thought it was just showing up on the glass. I was kinda worried myself. But I said fuck it and carried on anyway, but that damn moisture was buggin me. Well it's nine days later and the kids are doing fine! Looking all grown up and jhst about half the colonization complete!! Kids grow up so darn fast :smile: I don't know if my answer was right but they seemed to turn out ok. keep an eye on em though. hope all goes well for ya...jay

Anonymous

#13244 - 04/20/00 01:50 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Jayman, thanks a million. That's pretty much exactly how my jars are looking. I looked at them again today and figured that they must be fine, so I am in fact going to go right ahead and innoculate them now. Thanks a lot for that reassurance, and thanks for the good luck wish :smile:

------------------
-`~Psilo Cyber-`~

An open mind is the key that opens the door to the land of knowledge.

*Make $60 a month at my site. Check it out.* Visit my site

Anonymous

#13245 - 04/20/00 03:16 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

A good 'control jar' tek is to; after you make substrate just keep them in a dark place, no draft for about 3 days, any discoloring or foul smell will tell you if they are contaminated..If so(contaminated) tossem..If not, inoculate..that way you don't waste spore solution! ShroomOn!

------------------
"A good shroom is like a 'sore' peter...You just can't hardly beat it"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures