Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

[CAN] Abbotsford man arrested with 36kg of ecstasy
    #13237833 - 09/23/10 07:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Abbotsford man arrested with 36kg of ecstasy
September 23, 2010 - abbotsfordtimes.com

Drugs hidden in high-tech secret compartment

RCMP arrested a 47-year-old Abbotsford man with 36 kg of ecstasy hidden in the gas tank of the pick-up truck he was driving near Chilliwack Tuesday morning.

Drug Enforcement Branch officers made the discovery after pulling over the vehicle on Hwy 1 near the Evans Road exit. Another 27.5 kg of ecstasy was found in a suitcase at the suspect's Abbotsford home after police received a warrant and searched the property.

The drugs were concealed in a sophisticated, magnetic, electronically-controlled compartment inside the vehicle's gas tank, RCMP Const. Michael McLaughlin said in a release.

The seizure underscores the growing concern of law enforcement officers that there are large amounts of synthetic drugs available in British Columbia.

"In total, 63.5 kgs of ecstasy tablets were seized. That's more than 200,000 individual doses," McLaughlin said.

The man arrested was the sole occupant of the truck and was taken into custody without incident, according to police.

"The suspect does not have a significant criminal history, but the amount and value of the drugs, the sophistication of the compartment that was hiding them, and the fact that they were likely being hidden for a relatively long journey, suggests that this file is linked to organized crime," McLaughlin said.

McLaughlin said drugs like ecstasy can vary wildly in their actual concentration of MDMA in a tablet, and a significant amount of ecstasy seized by police is laced with drugs like crystal meth and ketamine - a horse tranquilizer.

"Federal drug investigators and drug prevention officers are doing everything they can to keep youth safe from synthetic drugs," said Superintendent Brian Cantera, the officer in charge of the Federal Drug Enforcement Branch.

Cantera used the recent alleged gang rape of a teen in Pitt Meadows at a drug party as an example of the danger ecstasy exposes B.C. youth to.

"The sale, use and abuse of drugs like ecstasy and GHB can have horrible consequences," he said.

The suspect has been released from custody and police are recommending charges of possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking. No court date has been set.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUbitsa
Waiting Is
 User Gallery

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Re: [CAN] Abbotsford man arrested with 36kg of ecstasy [Re: veggie]
    #13238088 - 09/23/10 08:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm interested in knowing how they knew to look in his gas tank....  good hiding place.

--------------------

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: [CAN] Abbotsford man arrested with 36kg of ecstasy [Re: Ubitsa]
    #13238171 - 09/23/10 08:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

An informant.

Offlinepipe dope
ghetto plumber
Male

Loc: windy shitty
Re: [CAN] Abbotsford man arrested with 36kg of ecstasy [Re: veggie]
    #13238344 - 09/23/10 09:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I bet they were pipers anyways.  :mad:

Invisiblepsykiidellic
Stranger

Re: [CAN] Abbotsford man arrested with 36kg of ecstasy [Re: pipe dope]
    #13239671 - 09/24/10 08:21 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pipe dope said:
I bet they were pipers anyways.  :mad:

--------------------
In need of a Trance traffic tracker Invite or Bitme invite - PM me if you can help.

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: [CAN] Abbotsford man arrested with 36kg of ecstasy [Re: psykiidellic]
    #13239735 - 09/24/10 08:49 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Are you guys that think theyre pipers from the states?

I wouldn't doubt if they were indeed molly. Molly is extremely availible up here in Canada

but who really knows. maybe they were pipers, and if so.

fuck him

this is also always interesting in Canadian cases - "The suspect has been released from custody and police are recommending charges of possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking. No court date has been set."

do people get out that easily after being arrested with that much shit in the states?

--------------------

Edited by sh4d0ws (09/24/10 08:51 AM)

OfflineMattyBong
Infected Mushroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: B. Columbia, Canada Flag
Re: [CAN] Abbotsford man arrested with 36kg of ecstasy [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #13239769 - 09/24/10 09:00 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sh4d0ws said:
Are you guys that think theyre pipers from the states?

I wouldn't doubt if they were indeed molly. Molly is extremely availible up here in Canada

but who really knows. maybe they were pipers, and if so.

fuck him

this is also always interesting in Canadian cases - "The suspect has been released from custody and police are recommending charges of possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking. No court date has been set."

do people get out that easily after being arrested with that much shit in the states?

SOOO available here. Read about this in the paper this morning,
wondering if he was my supplier. Most likely not.

--------------------
---Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions---

--- A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?---

---This sentence is false---

---You met me at a very strange time in my life---

---Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one---

Offlinepipe dope
ghetto plumber
Male

Loc: windy shitty
Re: [CAN] Abbotsford man arrested with 36kg of ecstasy [Re: MattyBong]
    #13266669 - 09/29/10 07:34 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

All these pipers in the states are brought in from Canada...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate