Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinediacamomo
Children of theVortex

Loc: Inside My Mind
RIPPER ON TV!!!!!!!!
    #1323776 - 02/21/03 05:04 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Rigth now on Jonh Walsh Show........ i don't know waht cahnnel but i'm rtecording ...

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrometheus_Unbound
Can't respondI'm banned frompsting & sndingPMs

Loc: Canada
Re: RIPPER ON TV!!!!!!!! [Re: diacamomo]
    #1323791 - 02/21/03 05:18 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Check out www.johnwalsh.tv, today's topic "Deadly Drug Parties on the Internet".

Offlinediacamomo
Children of theVortex

Loc: Inside My Mind
Re: RIPPER ON TV!!!!!!!! [Re: Prometheus_Unbound]
    #1323831 - 02/21/03 05:39 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

yes that's wath i'm looking!!!!!

--------------------

Offlinethelox
Re: RIPPER ON TV!!!!!!!! [Re: diacamomo]
    #1323903 - 02/21/03 06:13 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I remember reading on here about what happened to him. I never knew
him, but I remember tripping within a couple days.. maybe even
the night I read he died. I remember thinking about him and thinking
how it could just as easily happen to me or any one of my close friends being careless and
reckless with drug abuse. It really hits you hard in the pit of your stomach.
I couldn't imagine watching him die via webcam and being helpless... What did he OD on?
What kind od person was he?

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: RIPPER ON TV!!!!!!!! [Re: thelox]
    #1323973 - 02/21/03 06:51 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Did anyone read the partial transcript that had excerpts from the online chat that took place while "ripper" was killing himself. It made me sick to my stomach!  There really was not much any one could do, but to sit there and watch that shit. That is fucked up. It gives the rest of us a bad name. :confused:

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: RIPPER ON TV!!!!!!!! [Re: sirreal]
    #1324055 - 02/21/03 07:46 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

this guy obviously had deeper emotional problems then even his own family was aware of. They shouldn't hold websites, regardless of content accountable for someone else's actions. Brings me back to the days Marilyn Manson was being burned for releasing music which supposedly drove a couple youths to commit suicide an/or violence.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: RIPPER ON TV!!!!!!!! [Re: soochi]
    #1324075 - 02/21/03 07:57 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I was not suggesting that the website be held accountable. I just could not believe the conversation that took place during that situation. Some of those people seemed to think what he was doing was cool.

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: RIPPER ON TV!!!!!!!! [Re: sirreal]
    #1324176 - 02/21/03 08:42 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Some of those people seemed to think what he was doing was cool.

I didn't get that impression at all. maybe if you took one or two statements out and didn't pay attention to anything else said. please tell me that you know that Pnutbot is just a BOT. everyone seemed concerned he might kill himself and insisted that he stop and wait till the drugs actually kicked in before proceeding further. the fact is Brandon commited suicide and I believe he was fully aware that he was doing just that. nobody could have stopped him IMO.

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: RIPPER ON TV!!!!!!!! [Re: debianlinux]
    #1324326 - 02/21/03 09:51 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

What did he OD on? Sadly, about anything I guess. I counted seven KINDS of psychotropics in at least 11 doses most of which took place in 1/2 hour. Out of respect I won't go into it much.

Even tho I didn't really knew him & only recently heard about all this, his death has hit me hard. I read the transcripts. My take on it is:

1: he wanted to get thorougly wasted
2: he wanted to impress
3: he got out of control and started popping pharms like M&Ms
4: he realized he effectively ODd himself
5: he was incapable of caring/acting on it, perhaps numbed by the vast quantities of Opioids

I really don't think Brandon/Ripper committed planned suicide. But when Rippercam got up he already had downed vast quantities of two Opioids and the equivalent of four strong roofies among other stuff so he might have had a deathwish somewhere in the back of his head, I guess.

I'm really, really sorry for his family and loved ones, but I'm afraid none then online could've done anything to prevent it. Undoubtedly the shroomery is gonna get alot of undeserved flak from the talkshow host (ex "America's most wanted", nuff said?) and I truely hope I won't get nostalgic at the rememberance of that good ole yellow screen.

The Shroomery was not at fault. The people in the chatroom were not at fault. Brandon Vedas most certainly was not to blame. I'm afraid all this was a horrible tragedy resulting from WOD misinformations among other things.
Brandon died of prescribed pharmaceuticals, not recreational drugs.
Let's all remember that and try to live and advise more responsibly.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: RIPPER ON TV!!!!!!!! [Re: Asante]
    #1324333 - 02/21/03 10:00 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Brandon Vedas most certainly was not to blame.

huh?, care to explain that? i see him as being directly responsible for this
Quote:

Brandon died of prescribed pharmaceuticals, not recreational drugs.

...that he had bragged about obtaining "illegally". he may have had a prescription but he had faked his way into getting them. his family was completely unaware that he had these prescriptions. in fact, one of the media claims is that the chatroom and this server were meeting grounds for discussing how to go about faking your way into getting prescriptions. it is a good point that he did not die from RECREATIONAL drugs tho.

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #1324353 - 02/21/03 10:17 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

See the steps 1 thru 5 of my take on what happened.

I really believe his prime objective was to get smashed. The sheer power of the kinds and doses of pharms he took makes it reasonable for me to assume that he lost his grip on what he took & when.

Getting smashed senseless happend to me once too. On LSD, over 7 years ago. Superstrong microdots #2 and #3 went down the hatch because the LSD was so strong I was overwhealmed to the point of not recognising the extent to which I was high. Now fortunately it was LSD, so the OD was purely psychological and not really dangerous. But take it from the Wiccan you can get so high you loose track as to how high you are & what reasonable doses are.

What he did was irresponsible, but one can not blame him for what he did overwhealmed by very heavy doses of extremely mind-clouding pharmaceuticals.
I've read the transcripts over & over again and I'm convinced ODing was not his intention. It was a tragedy, and that's all there is to it.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1324433 - 02/21/03 10:47 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

First of all ,I know nothing about pnutbot. Enlighten me if you will.

Secondly, The transcript I read gave me the impression that SOME of those who were communicating with brandon on line were encouraging him.

I know there was nothing they could have done to stop him, but to even be entertained by that kind of shit blows my mind.

--------------------
-----------

Anonymous

Re: RIPPER ON TV!!!!!!!! [Re: Asante]
    #1324449 - 02/21/03 10:52 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

What he did was irresponsible, but one can not blame him for what he did overwhealmed by very heavy doses of extremely mind-clouding pharmaceuticals.

Ripper may have died, but lets not kill personal responsibility along with him, please.

sirreal, pnutbot isnt a real person, its an irc bot scripted to respond to certain words.

There were people encouraging him, but if you've ever been on IRC would know the kind of atmosphere it has. If someone comes online bragging about how many pills theyre popping, even claiming lethal dosages, some people wont care. Why? Its IRC.

Many people would laugh at you if you came online to brag about how wasted you were.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: RIPPER ON TV!!!!!!!! [Re: ]
    #1324582 - 02/21/03 11:46 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ripper may have died, but lets not kill personal responsibility along with him, please.

precisely. let's say i take so damn many drugs i forget that driving a car while intoxicated is really stupid. i kill myself. by your logic it is not my fault. say i also kill other people along with myself. by your logic, it is still not my fault. whatever. he is responsible for taking that many meds just as YOU were responsible for eating too much acid. the reprocussions were just different. some blame probably does rest on his family but that isn't my call (you have to wonder why he was so self-destructive to begin with), the fact that he is responsible is plain to anyone. to say that anyone else in that chatroom was in any way responsible is completely ludricrous, even if everyone in there had been begging him to do it. nobody held him down and pushed pills down his throat. he chose to eat those meds and from what i've read he pretty well had done himself in BEFORE anyone suggested he go further (can't be proven of course). back to your failed logic. another analogy would be going to an area that is full of cliffs and putting on a blindfold and walking around. according to your logic it is not my fault that i couldn't see and that gravity pulled my to my death/injury. that is bullshit.

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #1324592 - 02/21/03 11:52 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Ripper is actually the second shroomery member to die. Pnut committed suicide a few years back, the bot is named after him.

Edited by utopianglory (02/21/03 11:53 AM)

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: RIPPER ON TV!!!!!!!! [Re: utopianglory]
    #1324605 - 02/21/03 12:00 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i remember a while ago that while i was still a lurker he was alive and well.. there was some trouble about getting a server for his bot.. I asked, but no one ever told me what happened w/ him

care to enlighten me?..

OfflineISH
PsilocybianTranslationServices
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planet Earth
Re: RIPPER ON TV!!!!!!!! [Re: ]
    #1325016 - 02/21/03 03:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I don't mean to dissrespect anyone by saying this but Ripper was stupid. From what i have read here, he was very careless about his drug use, and I believe I read somwhere that his last word to his "friends" were "See I told you I was hardcore."

Ignorance, and carelessness with drugs is what caused his death. It's people like Ripper that give other responsible "drug" users a bad name. And because of his irresponsible actions he has attracted unwanted media attention to the shroomery, and jeoperdized his online "friends." You know the media is going to blame it all on drugs and the shroomery, when in fact the drugs or the shroomery didn't kill him, he killed himself. This case just makes all of us look bad in the eyes of the public. While we have people irresponsibly using drugs there is no chance that the public will lean more toward legalization of any substance, rather they will be more inclined towards prohibition.

Honestly this whole incident enrages me, I would think that people are smarter than this. And his actions not only affected his close friends and family, but also everyone in the drug subculture. This only helps the government "prove" to unknowing folks that listen to every word of the media "puppets" out there, that drugs should be illegal. This is the same kind of shit that started the Rave ACT,(Crackhouse Laws) and look at the scene now it's dying down, and responsible people are forced to suffer because of the actions of a few irresponsible people.

Yea he's gone, but he's not the one suffering now, his family and friends are left here to pick up the pieces. In conclusion, I think Ripper got what was comming to him. All this could have been avoided if only he would have used his mind, insted of trying to impress some friends, that could have cared less if he would have donne the drugs or not.

As for his friend coercing him to take more drugs, Would you listen to someon that was telling you to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger? I don't think so, but if you would, than by all meansI suppose you deserve to die.

YOU HOLD THE KEY TO YOUR OWN DESTINY AND NO ONE ELSE. THEREFORE IN THIS CASE RIPPER IS THE ONLY ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS OWN DEATH.

I'M SORRY ABOUT BEING HARSH, BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO BE. WE NEED TO WISE UP MORE, USE OUR MINDS, AND KNOW WHAT THE FUCK WE PUT INTO OUR BODIES. AND NOT DO IT JUST OUT OF BOREDOM, OR JUST TO GET "HIGH" BUT HAVE SOME PURPOSE FOR IT.

Go ahead and flame me all you want, but I'm entitled to my own opinion.

My sincere condolances to his family and friends. I know that if he would have been one of my close friends, I would miss him very much, but my opinion would still be the same. Suicide of any form is compleatly against Evolution, but if you believe in God in the Christian sense, it's against god. We were put on this earth to reproduce, and to spread our genes, not to kill them.

SIncerely,
ISH

PS "Be smart don't be a retard" Eminem

KNOW YOUR DRUG, KNOW YOUR BODY(AND MIND), AND KNOW YOUR SOURCE!!!

--------------------
Join The Shroomery Folding @ Home Team!

I think of going to the grave without having a psychedelic experience, like going to the grave without having sex. It means that you never figured out what it was all about. The mystery is in the body, and the way the body works itself into nature.
- Terence McKenna, Archaic Revival

OfflineISH
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: RIPPER ON TV!!!!!!!! [Re: ISH]
    #1325030 - 02/21/03 03:51 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

"The latest frightening Internet phenomenon: chat rooms and Web sites where people watch others take drugs, and even urge each other to use more drugs."

SEE THIS IS THE SHIT I'M TALKIN ABOUT. GIVING ALL OF US A BAD REP. THEY MAKE IT SOUND LIKE THESE CHAT ROOMS ARE EXPLICITLY HERE TO WATCH PEOPLE DO DRUGS, AND TO ENCOURAGE THEM.

I know most people with some common sense and knowledge know this isn't true, but what about the "uneducated" (excuse the term) person who sits at home watching tv all day, what about them. They will be pulled in by such a story, and believe everything word for word, and guess who will be out there when it comes time to vote, Not the stoner, or the "drug" user, in most cases. It'll be the person who pays attention to the news and is misslead by remarks like this, in the news.

They would never put anyone on TV who has any brains at all, all media is buppets. Pulled by strings, and guess who is the Puppeteer......? The government, and huge corporations that are out to make profit and earn ratings.
They could care less about the actual truth, that this is usually isolated incident, inculding some kids that had no respect for drugs, or themselves, and were acting irresponsible. Then in turn we are judged the same. We are not all the same people!!!!

Damn it I'm so fuckin furious.
Again I'm sorry, but this could have been easily avoided.

ISH

--------------------

I think of going to the grave without having a psychedelic experience, like going to the grave without having sex. It means that you never figured out what it was all about. The mystery is in the body, and the way the body works itself into nature.

Edited by ISH (02/21/03 03:52 PM)

OfflineISH
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1325043 - 02/21/03 04:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.johnwalsh.tv/html/topics/today.html

This whole story is a piece of crap, if it was on paper I would wipe my ass with it.

Quote:

Brandon?s family says they don?t want Brandon?s death to be in vain. They want people to know about the latest frightening Internet phenomenon: chat rooms and Web sites where people watch others take drugs, urge each other to use more drugs, and share tips on how to get prescriptions.

I can't believe the parents, blaming the website and people in the chat room for her son's stupid and irresponsible actions. It's easy to point the finger, but you should think about it before you point it at the wrong people. I used to be on IRC all the time, and I know how people are, that's why I don't pay attention to people that are being stupid. If I would have listened to everyone else all my life, I'd prolly would have died a few times by now, or maybe even worse. Shit, Fuck this I'm getting a high blood pressure. I'm out befoer I say anything worse. I wish I had my own damn TV show. I'd call it "The Truth"

ISH

--------------------

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1325053 - 02/21/03 04:17 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I completely agree with you. I don't see how someone could be so irresponsible and so careless with their life. It's hard to have remorse in a case like this, and the worst part is that in the long run, this kind of behavior will no doubt affect those who have enough sense and respect for certain substances and they, in turn, will automatically be labeled as criminals. What horrible luck that this event and the PF bust happened so closely together.I know he was popping mostly pharms, but I won't be suprised if they use this to build a case against them.

When are fuckers gonna grow the fuck up? Jesus, you speak and preach of legalization when shit like this happens and brings the whole movement back to square one.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience