Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesquarepeg
silly human

Loc: gulf coast
straw - casing or substrate
    #1323525 - 02/20/03 10:32 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i have a couplafew questions about straw. when using strawgods bulk tek does my straw become substrate after colonization? or is it merely a non-nutritrive casing? also, there is no mention in the tek concerning ratio of colonized birdseed cake to straw. example: 2 pint jars of substrate will inoculate about 10 layers of straw per square foot. when i crumble my cake over the straw is my goal merely to inoculate the straw or to provide nutrients as well ( i realize the question is redundant ). in my first attempt at this tek i crumbled the cake so that i had mycellium within 1/2 inch of each other on every layer. the colonization time for the straw was on target per the tek ( 10- 14 days ). i just now have pins so i can't make a call on my harvest weight. i have many more cakes i would like to with this tek but i would like to make certain that i am maximizing my yield before i dedicate more cakes to th tek. thanks.

Edited by squarepeg (02/20/03 11:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChills420 version2
Poo Pie Maker

Re: straw - casing or substrate [Re: squarepeg]
    #1323682 - 02/21/03 02:08 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

straw is nutritrive
Theres a really cool tek somewhere here that uses straw and a laundry basket.

However my dog has had some fuk ups with straw on it's own.
He found it to be less of a problem with dung/straw.
(actually no problem at all )
My dog also found that with dung/straw there is more of a chance of getting more flushes than with str8t straw.

--------------------

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

OfflineChills420 version2
Poo Pie Maker

Re: straw - casing or substrate [Re: Chills420 version2]
    #1323688 - 02/21/03 02:11 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

here u go just click on the laundry basket pic in the tread

Laundry basket straw tek

--------------------

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

OfflineCurious_George
You want abaloon?

Loc: La La Land
Re: straw - casing or substrate [Re: squarepeg]
    #1323699 - 02/21/03 02:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yes, your straw would be considered substrate. straw contains nutrients and support mushroom growth... consider adding poop.. retains more water and has much more nutrients!

Straw tends to give one good flush and that's it... you should get more flushes, but with straw only you are limited...

As long as it got colonized within 2 weeks, your ratio is ok, if it takes longer you increase your chances of bacterial contamination or other......

cg

--------------------
************************************.>>>>>
Here Johny,, have a joint.. all your friends are doing it!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract