Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible420happyhippy
Swamp Dunkey
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Herion Capital of Ame...
Psychedelics & The Mentally Retarded
    #13232707 - 09/22/10 06:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

All jokes aside, What do you think would happen if you gave the mentally retarded a heroic dose of LSD or Mushrooms?

--------------------
"I AM, WAS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepyronym
society sucks
 User Gallery

Loc: Durkadurkastan
Re: Psychedelics & The Mentally Retarded [Re: 420happyhippy]
    #13232758 - 09/22/10 06:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

No one in their right mind would subject someone with a diminished intelligence and or emotional identity to that kind of mind altering substance.  If you really want to know read some of the trip reports here a lot of these people that believe that they are so much more advanced than the general populous sound a little on the retarded side to me.

--------------------
Later,
Tom
My first growlog

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Loc: top of the tower
    #13232760 - 09/22/10 06:59 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

why don't you try a heroic dose and find out :lol: jk

i don't know maybe it would make them smarter

--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics & The Mentally Retarded [Re: pyronym] * 1
    #13232763 - 09/22/10 07:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pyronym said:
No one in their right mind would subject someone with a diminished intelligence and or emotional identity to that kind of mind altering substance.  If you really want to know read some of the trip reports here a lot of these people that believe that they are so much more advanced than the general populous sound a little on the retarded side to me.

i'm sure the governaments done it already man theyve dosed all kinds of people against their will with acid

--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

InvisibleJanamil

#13232770 - 09/22/10 07:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

lol wtf, Im technically mentally retarded and I know theres quiet a few autistic aspergers that go to psychedelics as refuge, to help balance them out. I know it helps me greatly. Every autistic person at there coreroot of there thinking. Thinks differently then everyone else, including other "mentally retarded" people. Its how some aspergers are amazing at language while others are amazing at math.

Autism just changes with how the mind thinks, causing some things to become far easier and have the ability to do great things in the subject, or not being able to read until your 13. In my case it was true, I wasnt able to read until I was 10-13. I have an IQ off the charts for spatial ideas and those different block things. Just strengths and weaknesses.

So really, the only person that could possibly know what an autistic person sees would that autistic person. Theres no way you can tell what they would see. They would have to be old enough and able enough to explain it themselves. Im guessing there will be people that see airplain model numbers, people that see all liquid with all different densities, someone that sees ties, every type of tie, every tie that he has ever seen someone wear and why they wear it. Observation, one big thing about autism aswell. They could see anything, things other people couldnt see because there so hardwired into seeing things that way, or thinking in that way. Its impossible to change, but takes awhile to live with. I still see spatial construcntions get completely RIPPED apart, and built together again in a matter of seconds. I think its because of my spatial memory.

This is just my opinion though, but I am autistic so whatever helps.

EDIT

Quote:

pyronym said:

My theory on autism is, autism is a type of physical, mental almient that will effect you from when you are born. Sometime that changes your baseroot of your whole thinking patterns. Why you think, how you think, how emotions come to you. Its amazing how some of it is always the same though, like social interactions. The thing with social interactions is your just so different then everyone else. Maybe there is no person that feels natural to you? because you think so differently.

Anyway what Im saying is. People with lowish to normal low intelligence that get some pretty bad autism. They dont have the ability to think there way out. When its something pretty mild. Thats what I think "Aspergers" is. If you had an IQ of low to normal, and all these fucking problems. I think I would be screaming and hitting myself with a wall too. Some things which is really unfortunate cannot be fixed by just will or intelligence, some syndromes just do to much physical damage. What Im saying, is the people that are having some seriously bad problems. I dont think there stupid, I just think there trapped in this.... curse.

Edited by Janamil (09/22/10 07:06 PM)

OfflineTranquil Forrest
Make a Fish

Re: Psychedelics & The Mentally Retarded [Re: Doctor_Dick]
    #13232793 - 09/22/10 07:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

maybe they'd stop being retarded and just be schizophrenic instead?

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics & The Mentally Retarded [Re: Tranquil Forrest]
    #13232804 - 09/22/10 07:08 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i want to know what happens to a full blow schizo when given a high dose of acid

--------------------
-Albert Hofmann

OfflineTranquil Forrest
Make a Fish

Re: Psychedelics & The Mentally Retarded [Re: Janamil]
    #13232813 - 09/22/10 07:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Janamil said:
lol wtf, Im technically mentally retarded and I know theres quiet a few autistic aspergers that go to psychedelics as refuge, to help balance them out. I know it helps me greatly. Every autistic person at there coreroot of there thinking. Thinks differently then everyone else, including other "mentally retarded" people. Its how some aspergers are amazing at language while others are amazing at math.

Autism just changes with how the mind thinks, causing some things to become far easier and have the ability to do great things in the subject, or not being able to read until your 13. In my case it was true, I wasnt able to read until I was 10-13. I have an IQ off the charts for spatial ideas and those different block things. Just strengths and weaknesses.

So really, the only person that could possibly know what an autistic person sees would that autistic person. Theres no way you can tell what they would see. They would have to be old enough and able enough to explain it themselves. Im guessing there will be people that see airplain model numbers, people that see all liquid with all different densities, someone that sees ties, every type of tie, every tie that he has ever seen someone wear and why they wear it. Observation, one big thing about autism aswell. They could see anything, things other people couldnt see because there so hardwired into seeing things that way, or thinking in that way. Its impossible to change, but takes awhile to live with. I still see spatial construcntions get completely RIPPED apart, and built together again in a matter of seconds. I think its because of my spatial memory.

EDIT

Quote:

pyronym said:

My theory on autism is, autism is a type of physical, mental almient that will effect you from when you are born. Sometime that changes your baseroot of your whole thinking patterns. Why you think, how you think, how emotions come to you. Its amazing how some of it is always the same though, like social interactions. The thing with social interactions is your just so different then everyone else. Maybe there is no person that feels natural to you? because you think so differently.

Anyway what Im saying is. People with lowish to normal low intelligence that get some pretty bad autism. They dont have the ability to think there way out. When its something pretty mild. Thats what I think "Aspergers" is. If you had an IQ of low to normal, and all these fucking problems. I think I would be screaming and hitting myself with a wall too. Some things which is really unfortunate cannot be fixed by just will or intelligence, some syndromes just do to much physical damage. What Im saying, is the people that are having some seriously bad problems. I dont think there stupid, I just think there trapped in this.... curse.

well now autistic people and others with more social disorders aren't really retarded in the sense i think they're talking about, sorry if you were offended. i think the idea is the kind of retard that doesn't really function, at all, like just kinda drooling and not knowing whats going on ever. like downs-syndrome or something. IMO autism and other similar 'ailements' are just unrecognized special abilities...

Offlinepyronym
society sucks
 User Gallery

Loc: Durkadurkastan
Re: Psychedelics & The Mentally Retarded [Re: Doctor_Dick]
    #13232825 - 09/22/10 07:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Doctor_Dick said:
i'm sure the governaments done it already man theyve dosed all kinds of people against their will with acid

Like I said no one in their right mind.  I'm sure the government and large corporations have done studies to see how their minds would react it could be some miracle drug that fixes retardation for all we know.
when I say no one in their right mind I mean no normal person is just going to dose their retarded family member or friend to see what happens although knowing how people can be I wouldn't doubt it has happened many many times for someone's personal enjoyment.  Has a retarded person ever wanted to try acid or mushies once again I refer you to the trip reports section.

@jan  you are obviously a highly functioning individual.  When I read op's post maybe I am reading it wrong but I am looking at it as him asking about severely handicapped people ie the type that needs constant supervision, are not able to make their own decisions etc...

schizo is a different story.  I don't imagine that the voices that may or may not be in anyones head need to be amplified but I'm not a doctor and I've never studied it.

--------------------
Later,
Tom
My first growlog

InvisibleJanamil

#13232834 - 09/22/10 07:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, I get what your saying I guess I didnt explain myself that well. It just, the way Ive seen it. It really changes the way they think, how they put numbers together, how they function. What 2+6 looks like in there head, and that stuff factors into so many things, like there interests, there strengths, there weaknesses. With all that weaknesses comes a shit load of strengths. Ive seen this kid do math better then anyone in my class could and he was like 14. I was a senior in high school. Its amazing what they can do, I think some autism people if they can handle it and old enough to decided should do it. As long as there grounded enough, like most of us are. Were not going to lose our minds easily.

Tbh, I forgot what I was talking about. I havent been this high in a really long time.

OfflineUbitsa
Waiting Is
 User Gallery

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
    #13232838 - 09/22/10 07:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think they'd experience the same things any of us do, and they'd react according to their intelligence/abilities.  Pretty simple, really :smile:

Would probably be fairly scary/traumatic for some, and tons of fun for others who mightn't think of any danger or such.

--------------------

InvisibleJanamil

#13232856 - 09/22/10 07:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

dude its cant be autistic kids though, thats just fucked up. Giving strongass psychedelics to 10 year old mentally retarded kids. Thats like that story of the troll, when they kidnapped a garden gnome on shrooms and the next day they figured out it was a 10 year old special kid.

Invisiblejustaguy
Loc: Flag
    #13232867 - 09/22/10 07:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

They'd trip like you...

--------------------

Offlineibajem
Stranger

#13234849 - 09/23/10 07:53 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tranquil Forrest said:
Quote:

Janamil said:

EDIT

Quote:

pyronym said:

well now autistic people and others with more social disorders aren't really retarded in the sense i think they're talking about, sorry if you were offended. i think the idea is the kind of retard that doesn't really function, at all, like just kinda drooling and not knowing whats going on ever. like downs-syndrome or something. IMO autism and other similar 'ailements' are just unrecognized special abilities...

yeah, i agree
and mad respect for the clarification
i'm not autistic, but i do like music a lot and i found that sometimes the it just works out like that; the less you venture socially the more you can crack your own mental codes and make good art. other times, you're out there living the day by day and you dont get much writing done at all.
so i always wanted to encourage someone with autism/asperger's to learn to play an instrument.
i like guitar, piano is great too-very mathematical. the a deep dive into the deep end of sublime songwriters since about 1930 til about.. i dont know, if you're into electronic music, until today. but if you're not, cut the learning at around the mid 90's
i think if you gave a person with a significant mental problem a hallucinogen that person would hallucinate, whatever that term concept and experience could possibly translate into in the universe created by that person.
it's still chemistry, even if you put in a different driver.. squirrel would hallucinate, you would hallucinate, i guess this person would be able to see new things like anyone.
makes me want to inject serotonin and psilocybin receptors into a mushroom, just so they can hallucinate too.
tho they've been here longer than us plants and animals, i chance to say they've seen it all

OfflineLunaro
Metaforming
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics & The Mentally Retarded [Re: ibajem]
    #13234864 - 09/23/10 08:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Rainman Takes a Trip

Could be an interesting movie.

Offlinexalos
Stranger
Re: Psychedelics & The Mentally Retarded [Re: Lunaro]
    #13370128 - 10/22/10 07:06 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I thought they were naturally psychedelic in their own way. There must be something out there to prove this.

InvisibleAustrip
P. Sub
Male

Re: Psychedelics & The Mentally Retarded [Re: xalos]
    #13370842 - 10/22/10 11:06 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I have a very close relative who suffers from a disease which renders her "mentally retarded"

She is now 16, can't talk a word, can't barely walk.
Has never showered alone, you get the idea.

She communicates her needs to a carer through various noises and movements which only the close family understands. 

I seriously could never imagine her needing anything psychedelics have to offer.
She wouldn't be able to express joy if it was joyous, and she would only be able to flail around helplessly if it was terrifying.

I'm not sure she understands the idea of joy.
She certainly knows happy, she smiles regularly. But joy, i'm not sure if her spectrum goes that far, i'm not sure if she understands the difference.

How do you think someone who can't even comprehend the idea of joy or terror properly would take a psychedelic trip?

--------------------

Offlinemukhail
Creeper

Loc: Antarctica
Re: Psychedelics & The Mentally Retarded [Re: Austrip]
    #13370874 - 10/22/10 11:13 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Ernest goes to hyperspace

InvisibleMidnight_Toker
Gone Fishin'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Psychedelics & The Mentally Retarded [Re: mukhail] * 1
    #13831976 - 01/22/11 02:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mukhail said:
Ernest goes to hyperspace

:lolsy:

OfflineROFL_my_ WAFFLE

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Psychedelics & The Mentally Retarded [Re: Midnight_Toker]
    #13832030 - 01/22/11 02:59 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i nevr realysd it b4 butt im retawded :tard:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate