Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: zombie apocalypse... it's comin yo [Re: rodfarva]
    #13229410 - 09/21/10 10:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Worstest case scenario - Shits airborne

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWalrus_Infested
doobilicious
Male User Gallery

Re: zombie apocalypse... it's comin yo [Re: twighead]
    #13229778 - 09/22/10 12:33 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It sucks that I just moved away from here because this shit looks badass.

http://www.atlantazombieapocalypse.com/

OfflineFuzedBox
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: FL
Re: zombie apocalypse... it's comin yo [Re: Walrus_Infested]
    #13229783 - 09/22/10 12:38 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Meh; the whole zombie craze is getting a little old. Still, if you want a good, practical survival guide for apocalyptic zombie scenarios, you need the proper publication.

--------------------
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong”  -Voltaire

Offlinerodfarva
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=====-----=-=-=-=-I
Male

#13230209 - 09/22/10 06:54 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

AIM FOR THE HEAD!
On one of our designated courses you will be able to shoot live zombies with paintballs!

:awesome:

--------------------

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dildoville Flag
Re: zombie apocalypse... it's comin yo [Re: shmorgasbourg]
    #13230269 - 09/22/10 07:30 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think I would be in major trouble where I live.  Large apartment complex, third floor, populated area.  I can only hope someone would eventually take my zombie ass out.

As for the 28 Days zombies, they're not zombies.  Zombies are reanimated dead folks, the "zombies" in the 28 Days series are infected, but still alive.  They don't require headshots to die, and they don't eat people so much as rabidly attack them; they're referred to as "the infected."  The only thing they share in common with their oft-compared relatives, the real zombies, is that there's a doomsday scenario revolving around the unstoppable spread of their condition and that they attack people relentlessly.

Nitpicking aside, it's good to prepare for both scenarios as best as possible.  For people like me who don't really listen to the radio or watch much TV, the internet would be the major source of info in a doomsday scenario.  I really like the way Diary of the Dead incorporates the internet into a zombie apocalypse.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: zombie apocalypse... it's comin yo [Re: twighead]
    #13230283 - 09/22/10 07:38 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:
Worstest case scenario - Shits airborne

worst case scenario, robots are working with the zombies

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#13230285 - 09/22/10 07:40 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Walrus_Infested said:

I know this place... it's a TA truckstop, ideal for zombie killing

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: zombie apocalypse... it's comin yo [Re: rodfarva]
    #13230290 - 09/22/10 07:43 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

rodfarva said:
Quote:

AIM FOR THE HEAD!
On one of our designated courses you will be able to shoot live zombies with paintballs!

:awesome:

lies... zombies are dead, they're only animated but still dead

I think you may really be shooting living illegal aliens because they
have a lot of the characteristics of zombies, slow moving, lots of
groaning about something, dont speak english so they ignore your
commands to stop eating your brains

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
    #13230297 - 09/22/10 07:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Walrus_Infested said:

Holy fuck I may need to get ripped and go to this.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: zombie apocalypse... it's comin yo [Re: robbyberto]
    #13230306 - 09/22/10 07:50 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

take a right at the old rio vista restaurant, TA truck stop is on the right just after the waffle house

InvisibleMcTwist
Stoned Stranger
Male

Re: zombie apocalypse... it's comin yo [Re: uber_aj]
    #13230318 - 09/22/10 07:57 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

uber_aj said:and a vaporizer so the flame of getting high doesn't give you away at night. It'd be hard o achieve that setup though.

you can't forget a generator to power the grow room. You're eventually gonna vape all that bud, may as well have a regenerating harvest.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: zombie apocalypse... it's comin yo [Re: shmorgasbourg]
    #13230340 - 09/22/10 08:04 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Are we dealing with the zombies that shuffle (Romero) or the zombies that run? (28 days)  How early in the infestation do we find out?
Do they communicate with moaning? (World War Z) At what distance can they detect you?

Important to know before deciding a course of action.

Some good rules of thumb:

- Work together with people you trust and do not hesitate to give them a headshot if they suddenly faint or make repeated mention of brains.

- Make sure you have someone immoral with you. The laws of Hollywood teach us the zombies will grab him first allowing you time to respond. If hes a complete bastard, or she's an innocent girl or young child you're fucked unless you can trick a complete bell end with a poorly developed character to come with you two.

- Go to the Mall at the first sign of trouble. Do not leave the mall under any circumstances, dying of boredom later is better than dying of a half rotting corpse ripping your throat out now.

- If you catch a zombie, chop its head and legs off and wrap it's body in a towel, you never have to mop the floor again. You will also never be asked by teammates to do any chore again.

- If you catch a zombie, take off its head and arms and ducktape a shopping trolley which you have rigged so you can steer the front wheels to its belly, now you have yourself a mode of transportation that won't run out of gas. Like motivating a donkey with a carrot on a stick, once you sit in the trolley the zombie will try to get closer to you, pushing you as fast as he can, and your steering decides where to go. Zombie trolley racing down the aisles is an interesting passtime to stave off boredom.

- Ducktaping zombies to stationary bikes rigged with bicycle dynamo's in every room will assure every room gets lit the moment you enter and the light goes out the moment you leave, doing away with the need to use light switches. A room full of zombies on such bikes will be your backup generator, providing your group with enough electricity to do awesome things like power a DVD player and wide screen, or converting common table salt into explosives. To switch on the generator have someone sit in the room with a good book to motivate your power source.

- One thing you'll miss in the long months of the zombie apocalypse is the family dog. To substitute, take a zombie, remove its head, forearms and lower legs, sow the body into a fur coat or two and fashion something resembling a dog's head from materials at the hobby section. It won't fetch sticks for fuck of course but will come to you when you enter the room and the fur makes it quite pettable and nice to look at.

- ducktape severed zombie heads into American Football helmets with a soccer whistle taped to their mouths, and place them near doors, which you have rigged with bells. If the door opens a whistle will announce one of your teammates entered, if you hear the bells but not the whistles you'll know the zombies found a way in.

- There's nothing like a soothing massage after a long day of boredom. Take a bunch of severed zombie arms, pull out the fingernails and put them in the basin of a water bed and close it up again. Then if you want a massage, simply lie on the water bed and the clawing fingers trying to get at you will provide a nice soothing massage, without the annoying moaning or odor problems associated with fully assembled zombies.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: zombie apocalypse... it's comin yo [Re: Asante]
    #13230362 - 09/22/10 08:12 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

#13230486 - 09/22/10 09:03 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Why anyone would want a zombie apocalypse to happen is beyond me. Zombies don't make any biological sense. If they're dead then how are they processing the flesh? Do they just excrete everywhere without thought because they're dead? How long can a "dead" being be sustained if it has no flesh. The whole idea is so silly.

Besides it being HIGHLY unlikely, its also kind of disturbing that people would wish for such a destructive and horrible thing to happen.

:nonono:

OfflineRazzlesnaps
AgrainOf Infinity in theUniverse
Male

Loc: Killerfornia Flag
Re: zombie apocalypse... it's comin yo [Re: TTT]
    #13230494 - 09/22/10 09:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think I could survive a zombie apocalypse im very strategic.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#13230542 - 09/22/10 09:23 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I certainly dont want a zombie apocalypse to happen, don't worry. Its too awful to imagine.

If zombies rot like human corpses do, a zombie apocalypse will be over for the most part in mere weeks, mere days in the tropics. An expose corpse's integrity is destroyed fast.

But theres the common belief that zombies dont rot biologically (maggots, bacteria, fungi) but by wear and tear. That could take a lot longer.

Zombies attack the living and eat. It does not mean they actually digest and get nutrients from it.

28 days after is far more likely than classical zombies which are dead. The latter does not work, but we have diseases that make people violent and prone to attack and bite people, infacting them (rabies)

A rather fulminant rabies mutation might work much like 28 days after.

But the zombie apocalypses that actually happen are social ones, like the Hutu/Tutsi conflict where mass hysteria descends over the land, people grab machetes nd start killing and maiming their neighbors, their sanity and humanity temporarily suspended.

That could happen anywhere, at any time. Cities, nations, the whole human race can go homicidally insane, a very lethal form of mass hysteria.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#13230582 - 09/22/10 09:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Some good rules of thumb

- Work together with people you trust
- Make sure you have someone immoral with you.

you can trust that as long as I outrun you I'll be safe from the
zombies so if escape means kicking you in the shin before I take
off, well, them's the breaks.... so long

Quote:

- Go to the Mall at the first sign of trouble.
- If you catch a zombie, take off its head and arms and ducktape a shopping trolley which you have rigged so you can steer the front wheels to its belly, now you have yourself a mode of transportation that won't run out of gas. Zombie trolley racing down the aisles is an interesting passtime to stave off boredom.

interesting and as we'd be stuck in that mall we could pimp our zombies or even play dress up

since you've obviously thought these things through it leads me to
believe you have some zombie experience, is the Netherlands prone to
outbreaks of zombie-ism, this could cause me to change my travel plans,
what's the legality of bringing firearms, are there any for lease, are
zombies limited to urban areas or will I encounter some in a forest or
country setting

Haiti is definitely off the table if you guys have zombies, their food sucks

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
    #13230584 - 09/22/10 09:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

If I kill a gay zombie, is it still considered a hate crime?

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dildoville Flag
    #13230606 - 09/22/10 09:54 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TTT said:
Why anyone would want a zombie apocalypse to happen is beyond me. Zombies don't make any biological sense. If they're dead then how are they processing the flesh? Do they just excrete everywhere without thought because they're dead? How long can a "dead" being be sustained if it has no flesh. The whole idea is so silly.

Besides it being HIGHLY unlikely, its also kind of disturbing that people would wish for such a destructive and horrible thing to happen.

:nonono:

The zombies eat flesh but don't digest it, they only have a very primal urge to attack and eat flesh.  The nucleus accumbens isn't functional in a zombie so there is no satiation; they'll continue to gorge even after distention and eventual bursting of their internal organs.  The dead aren't sustained, they have nothing to sustain.  There's something similar to rabies or mad cow disease going on in the brain.  In the original "Day of the Dead" this is implied by Dr. Logan in his lab experiments on one of the recently-deceased army officers.

Offlinexeallos
Sore wa himitsudesu!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Woods of a Thousand Y...
Re: zombie apocalypse... it's comin yo [Re: abltsandwich] * 1
    #13231043 - 09/22/10 12:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I always like reading about Ebola and Ebola-Reston, if it was ever hemorrhagic and allowed airborne transmission between humans we could have seen some serious depopulation in the mid nineties

:crazybeard:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom