Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
The "This is not a forum to contest disciplinary action" rule... * 2
    #13226868 - 09/21/10 12:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Is there any chance that that rule could be eliminated? It only seems fair for users to be aware of the reasons why certain members were banned so they can know about the particular kinds of mistakes that they should avoid in order to not get banned.

What's wrong with transparency? :obama:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The "This is not a forum to contest disciplinary action" rule... [Re: Poid]
    #13227012 - 09/21/10 01:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

People will be grandstanding before an audience. If you have a problem with a disciplinary action, a support ticket is the way to go.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #13227016 - 09/21/10 01:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

As I have repeatedly pointed out: politicians are the same at the micro and macro levels.

During my first Swami ban there was 45 pages of dozens of members asking the same question "Why was Swami banned?" over and over again with nary a valid answer.

The Mod 'answer': "Because he deserved it!"

When that was not enough, the 'answer' was modified to "This is a private site and we can do whatever we want."

Clarity and unbiased action is very rare in moderator-land.

During my second ban, the first invalid ban was given as a cumulative-effect reason just like the OC ban discussed on this forum.

"No you didn't break a rule, but all your other non-breakages add up to one big breakage," - thus a lifetime ban for answering a direct question without a hint of flame or name-calling.

Good luck on your efforts, Poid, but expect nothing.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: The "This is not a forum to contest disciplinary action" rule... [Re: Asante]
    #13227033 - 09/21/10 01:27 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

How do Support Tickets help? When LakeFinger wrote to me in a PM, "I am banning you because I despise you and because I can!" and other nasty stuff totally uncalled for, guess what happened?

Not a damn thing.

Same for every other Support Ticket where I asked for clarity. In fact, you wrote back once, "You know what you did."

How is that helpful?

Support Tickets are a tool to suppress, not to aid or enlighten or offer recourse for unjust punitive action.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The "This is not a forum to contest disciplinary action" rule... [Re: Asante]
    #13227344 - 09/21/10 02:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
People will be grandstanding before an audience.

What do you mean by that?

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
If you have a problem with a disciplinary action, a support ticket is the way to go.

I think it would be fair to users to see complaints any user has regarding what they perceive to be an unfair ban, why would the admins want to hide something like that? :undecided:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Re: The "This is not a forum to contest disciplinary action" rule... [Re: Poid] * 3
    #13227651 - 09/21/10 03:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

If you want to know why a certain member was banned, you should just e-mail them and ask. They are welcome to tell you, otherwise it really isn't any of your business.

Here's what it comes down to in my opinion. We trust our staff and their judgment, that's why they're staff. If you want to contest disciplinary action, you should be prepared to show clear and persuasive evidence that there was a misunderstanding or some sort of impropriety. There isn't really much room for interpretation or debate. We don't want to play games or put on a show. If you can clearly and concisely demonstrate why the infraction was wrong, it will be removed. Otherwise there really isn't much to talk about.

People like OrgoneConclusion enjoy bitching about how the staff is unfair, but we're talking about a guy here with 13 prior infractions and one previously banned account. In all cases he has received at least one descriptive warning about specific problem behavior before receiving a greater penalty for repeating it. He can play dumb all he wants, but less than 6% of our members have ever received any infraction at all. With 13 on his record, OrgoneConclusion has more than all but 40 other members, placing him in the top 0.05 percentile of "troublesome users". And that's without adding in the infractions from when he was Swami. I'm sorry but there comes a point when we just have to say "it's not us, it's you" and refuse to waste any more of our time. Once we get to that point, yes, people may find their behavior is more closely scrutinized and they receive less sympathy and help from the staff. If this is unacceptable their sole recourse is to find another site. We have no obligation to humor people who repeatedly break our rules and then become belligerent about it.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The "This is not a forum to contest disciplinary action" rule... [Re: Ythan]
    #13227707 - 09/21/10 04:08 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well I appreciate the well thought-out response, thanks. :smile:

Quote:

Ythan said:
If you want to know why a certain member was banned, you should just e-mail them and ask. They are welcome to tell you, otherwise it really isn't any of your business.

I think it's fairly obvious that a lot of users are very interested in the details surrounding any user's ban, and if someone decides to make it public and post a thread about it, then they've made it everybody's business. :shrug:

But I'm not going to pretend like I run this site or anything, if you chose a certain person to become part of the staff, then I guess we all have to respect your decision, and any decision a staff member makes.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

#13227734 - 09/21/10 04:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I guess that didn't really come out right. Of course anyone is free to make a thread about their ban and include as much information as they want and discuss it with other members and bitch and moan about the staff. Admin correspondence is exempt from the "no disclosing private messages" rule so everything we say can be considered on the public record. But this just isn't the proper forum for it. Trust me you do not want WA&F to start looking like our inbox for support tickets unless you enjoy losing all faith in humanity. :wink:

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: The "This is not a forum to contest disciplinary action" rule... [Re: Ythan]
    #13227740 - 09/21/10 04:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

We have no obligation to humor people who repeatedly break our rules and then become belligerent about it.

Thousand of lines written and not even a clear one-line explanation regarding the offending post.

History, attitude, etc. :blah: but where is the offense?

What is so all-fired difficult?

You want to talk history? Two suicidal members who no longer post here are alive because I counselled them in private. How is that for being a douchebag?

What relevance is that? It isn't and neither are previous bans relevant to an unobtrusive post being the final straw.

--------------------

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: The "This is not a forum to contest disciplinary action" rule... [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 1
    #13227757 - 09/21/10 04:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hey why are you even on the site if your Swami account was banned?

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13227770 - 09/21/10 04:28 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:
Trust me you do not want WA&F to start looking like our inbox for support tickets unless you enjoy losing all faith in humanity. :wink:

I actually kind of enjoy it. :lol:

Quote:

Ythan said:
Hey why are you even on the site if your Swami account was banned?

Please don't ban him over this, please...:crying:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: The [Re: Poid]
    #13227886 - 09/21/10 04:51 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Heh... no, that wasn't a threat. Dude's been on the site as open puppet since 2007, at this point it would be a pretty contrived infraction. But as long as we're discussing the minutiae of bans and rule enforcement, maybe he should consider that his account has been on borrowed time from the moment it was registered, and the staff has been pretty reasonable about the whole thing up until he started with the same old tricks that got him banned in the first place.

OrgoneConclusion, you seem intelligent, but your style of argument is infuriating and I don't like playing games with people who feign ignorance. If you are genuinely not able to understand our rules or how you are breaking them, I apologize for grossly overestimating your mental capacity. Otherwise give me a break, you do know exactly what you're doing, so knock it off already before it earns you a longer ban.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: The [Re: Ythan]
    #13228174 - 09/21/10 05:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You also seem very intelligent and threatening a generalized site-wide ban in place of an explanation tells other members what, exactly?

You write paragraph after paragraph and yet no explanation in your PM nor here nor in my initial ban nor anywhere; just a history lesson of previous bias.

What rule was broken?

That may infuriate you, but why can you not state that openly and clearly instead of wielding a club?

Why are the genuine flames I showed in M&P allowed? Because it was not me?

Just come clean one time.

As to contributions; my threads on PSP get 5 times the play of any other poster on record. Check it out. you have the stats. I bring traffic to your site yet many good people left because of the earlier very murky Swami bans.

--------------------

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: The [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 2
    #13228323 - 09/21/10 06:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Did you read my post? I went out of my way to clarify that I was not threatening anyone with anything. I'm explaining my position for the benefit of other members. As I said, I don't like playing games. Pretty much every infraction you've ever received has been for the same thing, so fucking figure it out already or go away.

Invisiblescout24
Hallelujah!
 User Gallery

Loc: Disappear Here
Re: The "This is not a forum to contest disciplinary action" rule... [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #13229376 - 09/21/10 10:28 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
:bitch:

--------------------
Always
Be
Closing

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#13229876 - 09/22/10 01:29 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

As I said, I don't like playing games

Obviously you do. 'Go figure it out' is not any sort of explanation. Being disliked is not an infraction. Shutting me up is a petty solution.

It is very sad that you are unable to be straight and instead must use force to silence rather than add clarity.

When I applied for Conscientious Objector status in the US Navy during the Viet Nam war I was threatened with both  death (being thrown over the side of the ship) and with 10 years in the brig. In the meantime I was brought up on Captain's Mast charges four times and exonerated each time and each subsequent charge tried to bring in my 'history'. They tried the similar 'you know why you are here' prosecution; fortunately an actual infraction was necessary for the court.

I have had my ass beat up in civil rights marches and been arrested in peaceful anti-war demontrations. More violence to silence.

Funny how big or small, it is all the same.

In the other thread I posted real infractions by recent members that was overlooked for no reason other than the members were cool with the mods. Naturally, that will not be addressed.

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #13230782 - 09/22/10 10:58 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:

OrgoneConclusion, you seem intelligent, but your style of argument is infuriating and I don't like playing games with people who feign ignorance. If you are genuinely not able to understand our rules or how you are breaking them, I apologize for grossly overestimating your mental capacity. Otherwise give me a break, you do know exactly what you're doing, so knock it off already before it earns you a longer ban.

I also do not understand the reason Orgone was banned despite seeing the explanation from the moderator.  While I can imagine that it is generally because the moderator doesn't like him and the post he made, what I mean is that I cannot see a rule violated.

The fact is that the alleged infraction has previously been declared to not be an infraction at all by that same mod and was not in the rules in any case.  In addition, the rules of that forum had been interpreted to mean many contradictory things around the time of the ban by the mod that banned him, and some of the contradictory interpretations concerned exactly that justification which was offered for the reason of the ban.

As poid said, I disclaim illusions of my opinion being relevant, however; I think the reasoning is sound and begs for reconsideration.

At the minimum, if he is banned because of admin or mod decisions that it "just doesn't work" or whatever, just make that the reason rather than continuing to represent it was because of some rule being broken- further muddying the issue, then and now, of what the rules are in that forum. (the issue of Orgone being singled out, which he did seem to be, whether legitimate or not, is not even addressed in this post but is also a relevant issue)

The rules of that forum had been widely questioned and the moderating was observed to be inconsistant and bizzare for some time when that ban came.  The simple fact is that regardless of his past" that post didn't break a rule and even if it is to be construed as doing so, the ban would have been grossly unfair for the reasons previously stated- essentially being that nobody knew what the hell was the standard in that forum, especially the moderator who banned him.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The [Re: johnm214]
    #13230801 - 09/22/10 11:03 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I wanted to say as well that I understand Ythan's reasoning for the "no contesting disciplinary action" rule, however; I really didn't see the referenced thread (Orgone bitching about the ban) as inappropriate.

Like Poid said, issues like those are of some concern to the membership, and when the rules of a forum are unknown or the moderating is arbitrary or unfair, it is of concern to the site, and posting about these issues is not necessarily an attempt to contest a particular action, but may be an attempt to address these issues themselves.

For what it's worth, I think posts like the one mentioned should be allowed as they address issues of public concern- its not like the Administration can't close the thread if it gets to be a pain in the ass for the reasons Ythan mentioned.  :cheers:

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #13230848 - 09/22/10 11:16 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
I also do not understand the reason Orgone was banned

He was banned for being a pain in the ass.
Mods put up with that for a while, then they don't.
Site owners don't usually put up with it much at all.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The [Re: Doc_T]
    #13230901 - 09/22/10 11:28 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This is contrary the explanation given by the moderator and the admins in this forum and the one in which the conduct occurred, so I don't think you are correct.

If the admins just want him gone cuz he's a pain in the ass, this would be a non issue as everyone concedes.  This discussion is only conducted on the premise that there is some concern with an unfair banning and application of the rules, should the relevant parties agree the banning was unfair and contrary to the rules, and this has been stated several times.

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: The [Re: Ythan] * 2
    #13231035 - 09/22/10 12:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

uuuh. can we just perma this guy?

--------------------

InvisibleDisco Forever
horseradish all over

Loc: SPRINKS 4HEAD
Re: The [Re: 2859558484]
    #13231076 - 09/22/10 12:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wowitch17 said:

2nded

--------------------
soni©boom

PM SPRINKLES IF YA WANNA KNOCK FOREHEADS

InvisibleLisonAlGaib
 User Gallery

Re: The [Re: Disco Forever]
    #13231134 - 09/22/10 12:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Leon Trotsky said:
Quote:

wowitch17 said:

2nded

All in favor?

Edited by LisonAlGaib (09/22/10 12:23 PM)

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: The [Re: LisonAlGaib]
    #13231154 - 09/22/10 12:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Somebody get a rope! :mob:

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #13231707 - 09/22/10 02:42 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LisonAlGaib said:
Quote:

Leon Trotsky said:
Quote:

wowitch17 said:

2nded

All in favor?

Hear, hear.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13233432 - 09/22/10 09:03 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wowitch17 said:

Because he has contributed more decent content to this forum than you'll ever even dream of being able to in your whole life. :shrug2:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: The [Re: Poid] * 1
    #13234414 - 09/23/10 02:11 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i try to live up to your epic contributions every day when i when i get out of bed in the morning. its just not easy for everyone. Please continue to shine the way forward poid when it comes to helping the admins and contributing positively to this community. you really are an asset.

thanks bro,
wowitch17

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: The [Re: 2859558484] * 1
    #13234723 - 09/23/10 07:05 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wowitch17 said:
i try to live up to your epic contributions every day when i when i get out of bed in the morning. its just not easy for everyone. Please continue to shine the way forward poid when it comes to helping the admins and contributing positively to this community. you really are an asset.

thanks bro,
wowitch17

Now that's great content.

Poid... let this poster be an inspiration to you.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13235639 - 09/23/10 12:16 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

Did you even see the major error in his post? :what:

Quote:

wowitch17 said:
i try to live up to your epic contributions every day when i when i get out of bed...

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleDisco Forever
horseradish all over

Loc: SPRINKS 4HEAD
    #13235757 - 09/23/10 12:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

its a typo.  wow.

--------------------
soni©boom

PM SPRINKLES IF YA WANNA KNOCK FOREHEADS

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The [Re: Disco Forever]
    #13235773 - 09/23/10 12:43 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Leon Trotsky said:
its a typo.  wowitch.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

#13235979 - 09/23/10 01:27 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i was really high when i wrote that.
thats actually how we talk down here in central texas.
neat huh!?

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13235991 - 09/23/10 01:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Nothing about Texas is neat to me.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleLisonAlGaib
 User Gallery

#13236048 - 09/23/10 01:42 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Valley boy.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#13236188 - 09/23/10 02:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

Did you even see the major error in his post? :what:

Quote:

wowitch17 said:
i try to live up to your epic contributions every day when i when i get out of bed...

Actually, you missed the true major error. Twice.

He forgot to use the sarcasm tag and you forgot to recognize sarcasm despite it being flung right at you.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #13236209 - 09/23/10 02:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I knew he was being sarcastic, both times, not sure why you think I didn't. :confused2:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Edited by Poid (09/23/10 02:20 PM)

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #13236218 - 09/23/10 02:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Poid, it was painstakingly obvious that his sarcasm went over your head twice.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #13236235 - 09/23/10 02:16 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I understand that it seems that way to you, and that's OK.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#13236256 - 09/23/10 02:19 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
I knew he was being sarcastic, both times,

Sure you did Poidling. Sure.

Quote:

not sure why you think I didn't. :confused2:

Because you're you.

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (09/23/10 02:22 PM)

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #13238332 - 09/23/10 09:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I see you're not familiar with the concept of feigned ignorance/stupidity; that, however, is not my problem.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

#13238429 - 09/23/10 09:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

it didnt work if you have to point it out...

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13238438 - 09/23/10 09:27 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Duh.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: The [Re: Poid] * 3
    #13239524 - 09/24/10 06:42 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
I see you're not familiar with the concept of feigned ignorance/stupidity; that, however, is not my problem.

I'm quite familiar with it.

I just happen to believe you're not feigning.

--------------------

InvisibleLisonAlGaib
 User Gallery

#13240341 - 09/24/10 12:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Duh.

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #13243777 - 09/25/10 07:22 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

He said, she said :boring:... What's this thread about ?? 
Quote:

...What's wrong with transparency? :obama:

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:When I applied for Conscientious Objector status in the US Navy during the Viet Nam war I was threatened with both  death (being thrown over the side of the ship) and with 10 years in the brig. In the meantime I was brought up on Captain's Mast charges four times and exonerated each time and each subsequent charge tried to bring in my 'history'. They tried the similar 'you know why you are here' prosecution; fortunately an actual infraction was necessary for the court.I have had my ass beat up in civil rights marches and been arrested in peaceful anti-war demontrations. More violence to silence.

Funny how big or small, it is all the same...

... Now I get it. :tardpig: (in before:lockdance:)  . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

OfflineMaharishi_2_U
Opt Out Super Fag
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Streets Flag
Re: The [Re: vinsue]
    #13243830 - 09/25/10 07:47 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

The fact is this site is NOT a democracy.
Ever seen "body of lies"??? 
No one forces anyone to come visit the interwebz, there are a million forums out there, some of which are democracies.
I figued this out in full flavor when I recently tried ( in vain) to become a site supporter, showing my gratitude for this place and it's info. 
It has been a month now, I have money burning a hole in my pocket, and I get no responses.
This shows me the admins and staff do as THEY see fit.  I do not agree with it, but the enjoyment I get from the fellowship with others and volumes of knowledge outweighs the fact that I think only 1 or 2 staff members live up to thier duties....
I guess what I am saying is that it is what it is.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: The [Re: Maharishi_2_U]
    #13243953 - 09/25/10 08:43 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Factual non sequitur.

Why set up rules, then ban a member for breaking the rules when that is not in evidence? Is that not pointless?

"You know what you did is not an infraction. I posted the last excahnge for everyone to see. Despite all the whiney graemlins and the side-tracking, not one person could point out even a minor offense; nevermind something requiring a lifetime ban.

Then I picked one thread at random and there were four members who clearly violated the rules with nothing punitive.

Cries of 'Ban the bum' might be good internet fun, but it fails to address the problem and highlights the flaws of the Support Ticket function and the lack of appropriate redress.

Of course this is very minor in the scheme of things, but is a reflection of larger societal injustice.

--------------------

OfflineMaharishi_2_U
Opt Out Super Fag
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Streets Flag
Re: The [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #13244025 - 09/25/10 09:04 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Again, see my previous statement.
Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn
as forementioned I do not agree with all the rules and illuminattiesque ( my word leave it alone lol) actions.  I do, however enjoy most of the members here and even a few of the staff.
I feel that people, in particular generation Yers and webz bums tend to look past fact in order to please their own means and agendas.
A blanket statement:
"if you are uncomfortable or bothered by this place, you can click a mouse and make it all go away, the fact that the nagging and complaining continues tells me said poster(s) think they are the ultimate __________"

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Re: The [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #13255106 - 09/27/10 05:30 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

As I said, I don't like playing games

Obviously you do. 'Go figure it out' is not any sort of explanation. Being disliked is not an infraction. Shutting me up is a petty solution.

It is very sad that you are unable to be straight and instead must use force to silence rather than add clarity.

When I applied for Conscientious Objector status in the US Navy during the Viet Nam war I was threatened with both  death (being thrown over the side of the ship) and with 10 years in the brig. In the meantime I was brought up on Captain's Mast charges four times and exonerated each time and each subsequent charge tried to bring in my 'history'. They tried the similar 'you know why you are here' prosecution; fortunately an actual infraction was necessary for the court.

I have had my ass beat up in civil rights marches and been arrested in peaceful anti-war demontrations. More violence to silence.

Funny how big or small, it is all the same.

In the other thread I posted real infractions by recent members that was overlooked for no reason other than the members were cool with the mods. Naturally, that will not be addressed.

You went through boot camp and didn't say a word about you wanting to be a Conscientious Objector, the Navy paid for your training in radar, they get you a special clearance and you're on a boat and decide, well now is a good time to tell them, I wanna be a Conscientious Objector.

Someone was looking out for your brat ass, otherwise you would have been overboard, ingrate.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The [Re: Maharishi_2_U]
    #13257820 - 09/28/10 07:27 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

boredcertified said:
Ever seen "body of lies"??? 
No one forces anyone to come visit the interwebz, there are a million forums out there, some of which are democracies.
I figued this out in full flavor when I recently tried ( in vain) to become a site supporter, showing my gratitude for this place and it's info. 
It has been a month now, I have money burning a hole in my pocket, and I get no responses.
This shows me the admins and staff do as THEY see fit.  I do not agree with it, but the enjoyment I get from the fellowship with others and volumes of knowledge outweighs the fact that I think only 1 or 2 staff members live up to thier duties....
I guess what I am saying is that it is what it is.

It has been conceeded ad nauseum that they can do what they want and that any complaints as to their behavior in the case of the Orgone banning are offered on the premise that their assertions of him breaking the rules is their genuine issue along with the assumption they care about the other relevant issues such as the communities understanding of the rules and percieved fairness of disciplinary action.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: The [Re: falcon]
    #13258191 - 09/28/10 09:15 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

otherwise you would have been overboard

So thinly-veiled death threats are acceptable? Of course, this transgression will be overlooked...

Funny that you bring that up as many people wanted to circumvent The Law because of personal issues. (Sound familiar?) But I was fully compliant with all regs and procedures and received an Honorable Discharge with the Navy's blessing, so I obviously was NOT out of line.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#13258202 - 09/28/10 09:19 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I find all of the strawmen, non sequiturs and irrelevancy indicative of the lack of ability to stay focused or make a cogent argument, but I guess that is the best weak minds can do. :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: The [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 1
    #13258283 - 09/28/10 09:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It's entertaining watching you argue with yourself. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet.

--------------------

Edited by THE KRAT BARON (09/28/10 10:35 AM)

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: The [Re: THE KRAT BARON] * 6
    #13258351 - 09/28/10 10:03 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i feel confident in saying orgone is a fucking dolt

--------------------

InvisibleLisonAlGaib
 User Gallery

#13258511 - 09/28/10 10:42 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wowitch17 said:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#13259510 - 09/28/10 02:22 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

So thinly-veiled death threats are acceptable?

You have passed silly and ran full speed into ridiculous.

Just fucking stop.

Or better yet... don't. Hopefully you'll get another permaban that is actually permanent this time.

Quote:

wowitch17 said:

I can't argue with that.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: The [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 1
    #13263467 - 09/29/10 08:51 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

So thinly-veiled death threats are acceptable? Of course, this transgression will be overlooked...

this wont be overlooked, we'll ban the sailors that made thinly veiled threats in 1972

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: The [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13264119 - 09/29/10 11:11 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you. We are finally making some progress. :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order