Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethelox
Synchronicity * 1
    #1320759 - 02/19/03 11:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Does anyone have any interesting examples of synchronicity? If you're not sure what it is, it's
like a coincidence.. for example you think something, then something happens in the external
that corresponds with this thought. I find this happens probably on a daily basis if you pay attention.
A couple I've had in the last couple weeks...
I was watching tv, heard my sister's radio playing Nirvana's Come as you Are.
I thought to turn on MuchMusic thinking I'd see Nirvana play. I didn't recognize the band, that was on. It wasn't nirvana
but with in 10 secs. of changing the channel one of the band members t-shirts said Nirvana (although it wasn't a band t-shirt)
Also early one morning I was out shovelling snow, when I began to think of Ghandi of all people for a few mins. Then, about two hours later I'm at a bus station with my buddy going to see a Raptors game in TO. My buddy says to me "Hey what do you think that means" pointing to a poster.
It says cloning-- Yes or NO? And had a picture of Ghandi and Bin Laden (buddy didn't realize it was Ghandi in the pic) I've never seen this poster before and was think wtf?
Stuff like this happens too often that it's harder for me to believe it's chance, but what do you guys think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Synchronicity [Re: thelox] * 1
    #1320781 - 02/19/03 11:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well, yesterday I was talking about synchronicities with a friend of mine, and today I log on to the shroomery and see this thread. Seriously. They happen quite often to me. I agree it's all about paying attention, following your intuition.

I'm not sure what it means though.

--------------------

Offlinethelox
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Revelation]
    #1320823 - 02/20/03 12:30 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Same kind of thing happened to me. I was reading a book which had
a chapter on synchronicity. I had read the chapter that day and it
was my first time hearing the term synchronicity. Then later that
night one of my buddies starts talking about it. I don't know what it means
either. COuld it be that we are sub-consciously aware of everything
and it's just our conscious mind "catching-up"

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Synchronicity [Re: thelox]
    #1320980 - 02/20/03 03:04 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Same kind of thing happened to me. I was reading a book which had
a chapter on synchronicity. I had read the chapter that day and it
was my first time hearing the term synchronicity. Then later that
night one of my buddies starts talking about it. I don't know what it means
either. COuld it be that we are sub-consciously aware of everything
and it's just our conscious mind "catching-up"

i think you hit the nail on the head. some days I'm more synchronous than others. some days it is almost paranormal scary. I've been able to accurately predict which song is playing on the radio, turn it on and it is playing many many times, i think my brain is accutely sensitive to radio wave vibration. (BTW, these weren't top 40 songs or any crap like that and I was not aware of which radio station in particular would be tuned when the radio was turned on)

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: Synchronicity [Re: debianlinux]
    #1321178 - 02/20/03 05:00 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

lol the other day I was having a serious talk to a friend abotu getting arrested and later on that night my friend from down home calls me and tells me how 3 of my friends just got busted for possesion...... that made me feel wierd the rest of the night.

Then a few weeks ago we drove by my hold High school and I saw someones lowered truck there and I never liked the owner and I said outloud to the others in the car about how I wish that truck would get hit or something. ... well well well later on that night in another part of town I passed the truck..... which was sitting on the side of the street with the front quarter panel smashed in and the hood bent pretty bad..... too wierd

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
    #1321223 - 02/20/03 05:18 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I used to have dreams of real life scenes. Between one and two months later, the scene would show itself through my awake eyes. Every fuckin time this happened my arm hair would raise and I would get that eerie feeling in my stomach. Only happens like once a year now.

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Synchronicity [Re: diggitydankman]
    #1321241 - 02/20/03 05:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

that happens to me too, used to happen a lot more. i don't get the physical reaction ou do but I get serious (REALLY serious like Matrix serious) deja vu whre If i say anything about having dreamed this or whatever I feel like i dreamed that too. the really intense part of this is that the scene plays out precisely as dreamed. like If i dreamed that I look at the clock to see what time it was when this scene happened and the clock was a Lux, when it happens in reality I will look at the clock and it is a Lux. predicting songs is cool, having dreams come true isn't, makes me afraid my nightmares will come true...

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #1321321 - 02/20/03 05:49 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well I don't believe in this paranormal stuff. Although I have had a few strange occurances myself. One time the phone rang and I knew before it was picked up that something was wrong with my grandma. She was dead. But I can explain this. If she hadn't been dead and it was just someone calling I wouldn't have remembered the experience. Everytime the phone rings you probably think of a possible caller. If it happens to be this caller you remember the experience, otherwise you just forget the thought you had.
On the subject of synchronicity I also think there are good explanations. Our brain is built to pick up patterns and usually does this very good. Now if you think of something, and you see something related the next hour or day, your brain will connect these things and make a pattern. If you do not experience something related your brain will just dump the whole event, and you don't know about it anymore. So you only remember some things when they form a synchronicity. At least this is what I think.
Also sometimes when you pick up a new word in a movie or something. It sometimes seems that after learning this word you hear this word a lot of times. This is just your brain making the connection when it hears the word. Normally your brain would make nothing of hearing that word.
Now Deja-Vu, I also have had this a lot of times. I think this must be a miss-firing or wrong connection in your brain. Instead of storing a memory it's sent to the remembering bit in your brain or something. And then you think you have experienced it before.
I've never had a forecasting dream but I think this must be connected to the whole deja-vu thing in some scientific way... :smile:

I still think synchronicity is cool and interesting, but I just don't believe that people have paranormal gifts.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Edited by cybrbeast (02/20/03 05:50 AM)

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Synchronicity [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1321395 - 02/20/03 06:13 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

paranormal simply means we haven't studied it enough to explain it. that leaves many things to be paranormal. i agree with you alot here tho. when you get a new car you suddenly realize how many of your type of car are on the road. they were there the whole time it's just now all of a sudden your brain immediately recognizes and zeroes in on that particular make of car. it's funny really. out of the millions of cars on the road and the extremely small number of models of car (relatively) there's really a shitload of EVERY car on the road at any given time. i do believe there are psychic properties of the human brain that we have not discovered or admit exist simply because they cannot be quantified scientifically. if you were there when i started calling out song titles and then flipping on the radio only to have that song playing you would probably flip your shit because you seem not to be able to accept this type of thing. the only scientific explanation is that my brain IS in fact sensitive to radio wave vibration and is sensitive enough to distinguish familiar wave patterns enough to recall the name associated with it. if you can accept that then you can accept that any other person's brain can be equally sensitive to other stimulus even if that stimulus is something that hasn't even happened yet. i belive the future has already occured and we are just catching up to it, i could go on, but that would slide OT.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1321475 - 02/20/03 06:49 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

debianlinux. Sorry but I have to disagree with you. I would be totally amazed if you can show me that. But it must be a lucky streak or something. Maybe you have a lot of radio stations. Or maybe the radio stations have certain patterns of sending out music that you have subconsciously (sp?) picked up. If you have are totally sure you have this ability and if you can reproduce it at will then you should really go to the amazing Randi foundation. I believe they will give $1 million to anyone who can prove they have paranormal abilities in a scientific environment.
I believe our brain would be able to pick up radio signals if it had any use. But in evolutionary terms there never was a need for the brain to pick up radio signals. The only radio signals that were on earth when our brains evolved were from backround radiation in the universe. We only have been sending out radio signals for a couple of decades so why would our brain have a system for intercepting and decoding them?

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Synchronicity [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1321797 - 02/20/03 08:51 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

it's the reproducing at will part that is the stumbling block to me being a millionaire then. this has happened to me maybe 6 times in my 25 years. it lasts for like 15 minutes. i get a distinct feeling when it happens tho. a song is just in my head, like overriding my thoughts. i understand your cynicism. the few lucky people who've witnessed it have met similar cynicism when they tried to tell about it. i don't mention it much. if I could do it on demand i might go around bragging about it then. it is because of this that I don't immediately doubt other people's claim of paranormal activity. I am most doubtful of anyone who claims they can do something at will. everyone I've talked to who experiences paranormal events states that the whole process is very much out of their control and they are more like a passive receptor. that pretty much sums that up, that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1321854 - 02/20/03 09:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Wow, that's very weird. But my 'logical' mind will not accept that. What if I said that I had episodes in my life where I could just levitate an object in my proximity. You wouldn't believe me ofcourse, and I don't blame you.
I could only accept such a thing if it happened to me, or if some proof would be given.

I'm actually glad you can't give me proof or that I haven't experienced something like that. That would totally change my view of reality. It would be like going insane...

Maybe we are living in the Matrix then..

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Edited by cybrbeast (02/20/03 09:09 AM)

OfflineMae
Stranger
    #27608858 - 01/06/22 09:25 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I had a really great synchronicity: very pertinent. I had been thinking about psychedelic mushrooms for months. Really wanted to try them. Finally decided I was going to try growing them. Spent hours on line choosing and ordering what I wanted. Turned on a podcast I listen to, out of sequence, a few weeks old, and they immediately started talking about mushrooms.(psychedelic). Then within a few hours I learn that they are on the ballot for decriminalization here where I live which I didn’t know and that is passed before I get my syringes in the mail.
I have been fascinated by synchronicity all my life. Anyone else want to talk about it?

Offlinecandyman345
psychonaut

Re: Synchronicity [Re: Mae]
    #27609524 - 01/06/22 06:49 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I noticed this phenomena after the first few times i smoked DMT. in fact, im pretty sure massive synchronicities happened after the first time i smoked it.
right when i was thinking of a person, instantly i got a phone call or text from that person! Unbelievable!

--------------------
“Turn on, tune in, drop out.” - Timothy Leary

“Be responsible, be safe, be kind
and know that everything will be fine.”

:loljesus:

Offlinetosatori
and beyond
Male

Re: Synchronicity [Re: candyman345] * 1
    #27609820 - 01/06/22 10:56 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I was out walking the streets at 4am on LSD with a friend. We were having a conversation, it got to the sentence "What would you call it, what's the word?" "Contempory", within a couple of steps we turned a corner and in big neon letters was the word "contemporary" on a business front. just that word alone. we had never been there before.

It was a moment.

InvisibleCHUCK.HNTR
feral urbanite
Male

Loc: SF, CA, USA
Re: Synchronicity [Re: tosatori] * 2
    #27610248 - 01/07/22 10:15 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I had looked for arrowheads in my youth but was never successful. I was always enamored by them, being a wild sophisticated technology made by humans that had a completely different skill set than me etc etc.

Twice a year I would help at an outdoor retreat for high schoolers these city slicker youths would mainly draw and feel what it’s like to be exposed to the elements for a few days.

One Saturday I was crossing a creek deep in a canyon and I looked down into the water, there was a subtle bowl carved by the water in rock. In the middle of the smooth bowl was a long teardrop shaped object, it looked like a leaf but I was drawn to reach into the cold water and when I made contact it was hard. I picked it up an immediately knew it was an arrow or spear head flaked from obsidian. I felt a sense of calm reverence, peace and respect. The feeling was linked to something bigger the object was just a signifier. This canyon was deep and far from the lake where hunting was more common. The journey this stone went through from its human modification to the current moment in my hand is astounding.

Sunday evening when I was back in ‘civilization’ my father had texted me to call him. When I called he told me his brother my uncle  had killed himself I was overwhelmed with love and sadness and still cry whenever I think about it. His Parkinson’s was getting really bad and he no longer could afford the increasing costs of care.

This really shook me and although not a blatant synchronicity this experience felt like the universe contacting me.

--------------------
"What is the practical application of a million universes?" -Alan Watts
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

OfflineDaveyJay
Stranger
Male
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Mae] * 1
    #27611166 - 01/08/22 01:36 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I had a few things happen when I was younger.

One time I had a sudden compulsion to call my friend. This was before mobile phones, it was a friend I saw regularly and would never normally call unless to make plans to meet up or whatever.
Her husband answered the phone, I explained why I was calling and that I just wanted to check everything was ok. He sounded slightly surprised and said she'd had a car crash on the way to work that afternoon (she was fine, car was not).

Another time I was having a dream about being a passenger in a car, driving through a valley and I was looking out of the window at the hillside. Suddenly my friends face (different friend) appeared on the hillside. It struck me at the time as being completely out of context with the rest of the dream. It was just her disembodied face and was the same height as the hillside.
The next day I found out that she'd been pulled over and busted by police that night.

I don't really consider this to be synchronicity, more likely some form of telepathy. I'm generally fairly sceptical about these sorts of things but I do think that the mind is capable of things that we don't yet understand.

More recently I've experienced the following phenomenon, only with very close friends or lovers and often when under the influence of substances:

We'll be sitting around chilling, listening to music or something and I'll be lost in thought.
At moments when I'm thinking particularly intently about something, whoever I'm with will say "What was that?" or "What did you say?". They are convinced that I've said something even though I haven't.

These occurrences have happened less as I've gotten older, I think due to becoming more entrenched in fixed or familiar ways of thinking. It's one of the plethora of reasons that I've started to rediscover psychedelics (mushrooms) after a 20 odd year break.

Edited by DaveyJay (01/08/22 01:57 AM)

Offlinecandyman345
psychonaut

Re: Synchronicity [Re: DaveyJay]
    #27611868 - 01/08/22 03:43 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Chuck.HTNR : was the ‘subtle bowl’ for sure carved out by the water from the river or did it seem to be human made?

--------------------

InvisibleCHUCK.HNTR
feral urbanite
Male

Loc: SF, CA, USA
Re: Synchronicity [Re: candyman345]
    #27611894 - 01/08/22 04:15 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I think it had to be water carved but I have seen boulders in NM and AZ with slick spots presumably made by humans sharpening tools or grinding plant materials.

--------------------
"What is the practical application of a million universes?" -Alan Watts
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

Offlinecandyman345
psychonaut

Re: Synchronicity [Re: CHUCK.HNTR]
    #27611988 - 01/08/22 05:49 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

man, that would be trippy if the bowl was carved out with that obsidian before whoever put it there

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract