Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: flow]
    #1321720 - 02/20/03 08:32 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

What about this, we take the money being spent on a military buildup, and transfer that into inspections and humanitarian aid. That way, the Iraqi population gets fed, inspectors have more power because of the increase in numbers, and if anything is found, the weapons are confiscated. If we help the masses, detaining Saddam will be much easier because we will have the support, not resistance of the population.

I really don't know, but I think increasing humanitarian aid and increased inspectors sounds like a pretty viable option, what does everyone else think?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1321738 - 02/20/03 08:37 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

How about the fact that this is the first time in American history where we will launch a PRE-EMPTIVE attack. This is unprecedented. We are the current super-power, and this is how we display our power to other countries? Through fear? This country was never based on such ridiculous claims.

this isn't a pre-emptive attack. This is more of an international policing action. We are the current superpower, and we display our power to other countries by SUPPORTING UN RESOLUTIONS. And we get shit because other countries are afraid, but they voted on disarming iraq. We back our talk up, other countries just talk. Which country was it that didn't support disarming Saddam????
Quote:

ASK WHY! This is such an important action.....I can't even begin to state how fundamentally important it is to QUESTION officials. Or, you could just go ahead and believe whatever they tell you. How many times have "officials" lied to us in the past? Too many to count....

I agree. My point was that Saddam is a threat. Who would know this better than a man who has complete control of the CIA, military intelligence, spy satellites, etc... Yes, our government has lied to us before, but is it that unreasonable to beleive them when they say a ruthless dictator is a threat?

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1321747 - 02/20/03 08:39 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

What I don't get is how Bush claims to know so much about what's going on in Iraq, and knows that they have WMD without a shadow of a doubt, then why doesn't he know where any of them are?

do iraq know where ours are? do you? we most certainly have them though. but the question is irrelevant because i bet bush does know where they are.

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: Skikid16]
    #1321762 - 02/20/03 08:41 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

if it were possible, thats what we would do.
i don't think saddam would allow it for one. he views the current inspections as a joke, and wouldn't allow them to happen in the first place if he thought they were actually going to find his shit. He's not that stupid.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1321774 - 02/20/03 08:43 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You acknowledge that your government has lied to you many times in the past..yet you still stand by it in the face of overwhelming opposition to what it's doing???

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Anonymous

Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1321804 - 02/20/03 08:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

That you discount some of the largest protests in history is laughable.

Not every single person opposed to war, could attend the protests. Not even 1 in a 1000. Protesters are the most convicted and vocal of their opinions. A lot of people dont care about war one way or another, and I'd wager anyone who had some sort of half caring opinion would hope war could be avoided, and not rushed into headlong as Bush proposes.

When 10 million people gather in a united stance WORLDWIDE in one of the BIGGEST protests EVER...

THAT SAYS SOMETHING.

And if you cant hear it, you're purposely not listening.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#1321877 - 02/20/03 09:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well why don' t we at least try?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: Rono]
    #1321880 - 02/20/03 09:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

You acknowledge that your government has lied to you many times in the past..yet you still stand by it in the face of overwhelming opposition to what it's doing???

what overwhelming opposition?? It started out that way but as we have made our case, there are very few countries who oppose regime change in iraq. The only difference is we are not dragging our feet.
And are we supposed to think that France, and Russia don't have alterior motives for preventing a war in iraq?? They are not countries run by saints.

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: ]
    #1321890 - 02/20/03 09:23 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

When 10 million people gather in a united stance WORLDWIDE in one of the BIGGEST protests EVER...

yep, it says a lot of people don't like or trust the US gov't. Also, it shows that people don't like war, neither of these things come as a surprise. Also, neither has anything to do with this war. more reason is needed for the protests than "no war for oil"

Anonymous

#1321899 - 02/20/03 09:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Both of them have everything to do with this war... War is not the will of a great many people, governments should listen to that and consider it. But they wont.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1321916 - 02/20/03 09:31 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

what overwhelming opposition??

ummm...perhaps you heard something about the largest global protest in history?...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
    #1322023 - 02/20/03 10:11 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

largest global protest in history

As I'm sure others will be quick to point out (although I don't agree with them) the 10 million approx. protesters can hardly be described as "overwhelming." They are only a very small percentage of the population.... they're only hippies who would protest anything... blah blah blah

[please note the sarcasm above]

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1322165 - 02/20/03 11:12 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

this isn't a pre-emptive attack. This is more of an international policing action. 

"International Policing Action".........now that's a euphemism if I ever heard one.  I think I may have heard a few  :tongue:

pre-emptive

preemptive adj : designed or having the power to deter or prevent an anticipated situation or occurrence; "a preemptive business offer

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: Anonymous]
    #1322221 - 02/20/03 11:31 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

War is his last choice, and he's just speeding up the inevitible.

(don't take anything here as an attack ...I'm just interested in opinions)

What is the reason why war with Iraq is inevitable? I know there are a lot of theorys out there why we are going to war with Iraq. I just hope you don't believe it's cause they are a serious threat to us right now.

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: ]
    #1322257 - 02/20/03 11:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

That you discount some of the largest protests in history is laughable.

I'm not discounting anything, except your comprehension.

There were a lot of people, of that there is no doubt. However you want to look at the numbers, it was a small percentage. If a president always acted upon the polls he'd be named Bill Clinton. And to be accurate, the majority of Americans support Bush in this matter. You may not like that, but it's how it is.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1322266 - 02/20/03 11:50 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what overwhelming opposition??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ummm...perhaps you heard something about the largest global protest in history?...

Sorry Rono, the numbers don't support the term "overwhelming".

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Anonymous

Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: ClosetCase]
    #1322282 - 02/20/03 12:00 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The reason I say war is inevitible is because Iraq has broken its pledge to destroy all its chemical and biological weapons, violating not only the US's will, but the UN's. It's only a matter of time before he devolopes nukes or uses WMD over Israel, our ally, and spurring possibly a world war.

OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
    #1322295 - 02/20/03 12:10 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

to be accurate, the majority of Americans support Bush in this matter

I think it might be your turn to provide a reference now.

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: MushyMay]
    #1322322 - 02/20/03 12:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Quote:

to be accurate, the majority of Americans support Bush in this matter

I think it might be your turn to provide a reference now.

(CBS) As Americans weigh the evidence presented Wednesday to the United Nations by Secretary of State Colin Powell, a new CBS News poll shows an increasing percentage believe the case has been made for military action, but most still prefer that the U.S. get U.N. approval before taking such action and would like to give the weapons inspectors more time to work.

Americans remain generally supportive of military action against Iraq ? a feeling that hasn?t changed much since last fall. In this poll, 70% approve of the U.S. taking military action against Iraq.

APPROVE OF MILITARY ACTION AGAINST IRAQ?

NOW
Yes 70%

No 21%

JANUARY '03
Yes 64%

No 30%

NOVEMBER '02
Yes 70%

No 23%

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/02/07/opinion/polls/main539763.shtml

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#1322420 - 02/20/03 01:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I just wonder what public opinion of Hitler was in Germany in the 30's? Just curious?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom